Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #1  

Default Did I eat too much?

I am 5'5 and 146 pounds, and I work out everyday but I took off today. This is what I ate:

Breakfast: I had a Chobani yogurt (100 cals) with almonds and half of a kind bar 70 calories.

Lunch: Cauliflower dipped in hummus, some grapes, strawberries, and and some chocolate covered almonds.

Snack: Some spoonfuls of peanut butter and a few almonds.

I am not having anything else for the rest of the day, and I plan to drink lots of tea and detox my body. I just wanted to know if this was too much to eat and if I will gain weight. Thank you!
Emilymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Um... I think you ate too little to be honest, unless you ate a basketball size amount of almonds.

There is some really good stuff in there, but I honestly think you should add in a third meal in there. Too few calories and you won't lose weight either :/ Based on your height and weight, I did a quick count and you should aim for about 1,400-1,600 calories a day.

I could be off so hopefully somebody else chimes in here.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Your going to slow down your metabolism eating that little, and get frustrated with weight loss stalls. You ate cauliflower but most people should eat at least 5 veggies a day.
I would incorporate some veggies and a protein into your next meal. You should try to eat every few hours even if it's a small snack.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'5"

I agree with everyone. I dont think you ate enough. Everytime that i eat below 1200 calories, i dont lose anything. Your body will think its starving and wont burn stored fat for energy. Also, if you skip a meal, youre going to feel like you're starving and end up binge eating on stuff that WILL cause a gain. Just my 2 cents.
texasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #5  
Makin it stick

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

I agree, unless you ate a LOT of peanut butter, it sounds like you could benefit from adding in another meal--even a small one--with some lean protein/veggies
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I eat more for breakfast than what you ate in a day. So, no.

Agree on the suggestions to get some protein in you. Try eggs, chicken and especially fish.

I eat eight cans of fish a day

Last edited by IanG; 02-14-2015 at 11:05 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:08 AM   #7  
Rain on the Beach

Height: 5'3"

Echoing what the others have said. Personally, I've been eating roughly 1200 calories a day, and I've lost 12 lbs in a month and a half, so it certainly hasn't impeded my weight loss at all... and given that I'm 5'3" and terrible at exercising, I imagine 1200 may even be too little for you, given that you're taller and more active. There is such a thing as eating too little, and personally, I don't think I could maintain a diet where I was starving. You shouldn't. It's not healthy, and it doesn't work, especially in the long run.
Lluvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:49 AM   #8  

Unfortunately, you left out the most important factor which is how much of what food you ate. When I keyed your daily long, I realized that you could see a few, a handful, or some as many different amounts. In all honesty, your daily calorie count could be anywhere from 900 calories to 2200 calories, and most of those come from nuts.

The foods you're eating aren't unhealthy, but it does seem like some things are missing in your diet. You currently have a high fat, high sugar diet going on. And fruits and nuts are great for you, but they're not all that you should be eating.

At this point, I think it's more about the quality of the nutrition rather than the quantity that goes into your body. I agree with others that you could benefit from adjusting your meals and maybe adding another one or two small meals. Perhaps, you could have lean protein and some veggies instead of one or two of your nut servings. That alone would give you a little more balance.
BlackBoxed is offline   Reply With Quote