Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #1  

Default I can't seem to lose weight!

Body
I am 5'4, 226 currently. It's taken a year, a year!! to lose 14lbs.

Exercise
I exercise 3 days a week (15 minutes with weights) and also go for 30 minute walks 2-3 times a week.

Food
I drink 6-8 cups of water a day with some lemon.
I eat anywhere from 1400 cal to 1900 cal any given day, rarely do I ever go over..

Yesterday:
Breakfast 2 Taco Shell ( 196 ) Canned tuna (121) Mayo (150 cal)
Lunch Soya Milk (146) Frozen berries (90) protein powder (54)
Dinner Pork (208) Potato (163) Corn (132) Butter (33)
Snack Crackers (76) Hummus (116) Pear (103) Green Tea (0)

Total cal = 1,611

Extra info
My thyroid has been checked and it is fine.
Emberrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/see me old ticker ... /145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

I'm not sure if you are asking for advice, but I think so, so I would say that your diet looks like you are keeping the calories down, but that the food from yesterday seems pretty carb heavy. Some people say all calories count the same, some say they don't.

I'd suggest cutting potatoes and flour products, and add some sprints (3-5 1 minute bursts) to your walking.

Good luck!
Katiepony01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #3  

Hi , Welcome!
I suggest cutting the carbs down. From my experince carbs aren't not so good for weight loss , I think that you should eat more protein and less carbs.
I suggest buying the anabolic cooking book - for losing weight , that will help you organize you daily menu correct. I show this review: foodhealth-blog.com/anabolic-cooking-book-review/ and I bought this book too, for me I really helped, I knew what I was eating each time.
Good luck (:
girlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #4  

The potatoes, corn, taco shells and crackers (any combo or even one by itself) put me into stall mode upon consumption. My body hates carbs with a passion but my taste buds love them.

I'd try to do the lower carb options and amp up your exercise a bit more if you can.

I'll bet your first week you lose close to 5 pounds even if most of it is water retention from the carbs.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #5  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Ditto to what the others said. You have a lot of protein in your example diet but few vegetables; corn and potatoes are at the highest end of the high-starch and low-fiber spectrum of veggies. The fiber in most other vegetables and many fruits is your best friend in weight loss, to say nothing of the value of the micronutrients and the water. For example, as part of my meals yesterday I ate 2 apples at breakfast, 3 cups of green beans at lunch, and two bowls of a homemade stew of butternut squash, kale, carrots, onion and mushrooms at dinner. The other components of my meals were in total much smaller than the fruit and vegetable components. I find that when I stray from this preferred way of eating, I consume too much of the calorie-dense foods to compensate. I'm not saying that potatoes and corn are inherently evil; just make them the backdrop of the veggie portrait (e.g. I pile tons of steamed broccoli and roasted bell pepper on our baked potatoes).
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

1,400 calories daily is enough to create a deficit but 1,900 is probably holding you at maintenance. If you're eating at 1,900 more often than 1,400 then that's what's holding you at your current weight. 500 calories will make or break your weight loss. Seems ridiculous but it's true...and annoying.

Also, you're doing very light exercise which is better than nothing but don't count it more than 50-80 calories burned. Not saying this is what you do but a lot of people tend to over estimate. For example if I run 3 miles I burn 250-300 calories at most. I used to think 700 because the machine said so but the folks here at 3FC let me know the harsh reality.

Last edited by novangel; 02-07-2015 at 08:51 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote