Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 235/192/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Fluffypuppy, and thank you and Flower123 for your word of encouragement while I was stalled! And I also work on the weekends! I get to work from home this weekend but yes it sucks, all of the good stuff in New Orleans happens on Fri-Sun and I'm always working! My weekend is Tuesday and sometimes Wednesday if I can. I'm a bit of a work-a-holic so I usually work every day. I've been trying to give myself more breaks lately.

Novaangel, Good luck with your career goals, I started working for myself 3 years ago and it was a scary leap but it was worth it. Just takes a lot of planning and hard work.

Flower, Mmm chocolates! I don't think I could have controlled myself that much! I love me some dark chocolate. I had to stop buying it all together, though I do like Ian's idea of dipped fruit.

Kelijpa, I totally agree with you about things tasting better on plan. I notice I take longer to eat as well as I am savoring more.

CoolMom, Glad you had a nice restful day, you deserve it!

Nelie, Congrats on the positive Dr's visit and hurray for new fitness equiptment!

Down another pound this morning! So pumped! My ankle hurts but it's a rest day so hopefully it will feel better tomorrow. Today is a 'Free' day for eating but I'm keeping it within my calorie range and healthy. Seeing the scale moving only has me more motivated!

W- 201
B-2 eggs scrambled w/cheese and 1 slice of toast w/pat of butter + Coffee
S- 1 c strawberries
L- My partner and I will probably go out
S-1 c carrots
D- ??? Maybe some Salmon cakes...I also have an acorn squash that needs eaten.

Last edited by ohclementine; 01-25-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #467  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohclementine View Post
Novaangel, Good luck with your career goals, I started working for myself 3 years ago and it was a scary leap but it was worth it. Just takes a lot of planning and hard work.
Thanks. Definitely scary but won't be the first time I have taken a crazy leap of faith career-wise so maybe this time will be a little less scary. My plan is to be self-employed by 42. We'll see, depends if I have enough people willing to follow me first. That's what it really boils down to.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #468  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 2lbs today to 172.6lbs. Just finished a hash run and feel fantastic.

Breakfast was medium stickleback, razor clams, eggs, oats and smoked oysters.

Lunch was octopus, squid, mussels, smoked oysters and petite sardines.

For exercise I did 60 minutes weight training after breakfast and a 5 mile hash run this afternoon.

Thanks flower for the nuts idea. I might try that.

Last edited by IanG; 01-25-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:42 PM   #469  

Hi everyone
Well, I succeeded in my intention of not buying anything bad at the health food store. BUT there was this trip to the chocolate factory store. Turns out the cocoa powder is on sale through Monday. So I went to stock up on the stuff. I knew full well that I would be buying some hazelnut cream filled chocolates with crunchies mixed in. They are 50% off "seconds". Then I had samples.

The good news is that someone from another community (not diet related) I belong to, posted asking people if they were interested in a support group to get off of sugar. She is addicted to sugar and chocolate. Say what? Well, I never sent a private message response so quickly. Hopefully soon I will be saying goodbye to sugar. In all its forms. Including even fruit. This is how I did it before. And it worked very well. Cravings eventually subsided. It will be great if I can get back to this way of living. My expereince of sugar and carbs is they do cause cravings for all kinds of food.

I hope you all have a great Monday.

Last edited by flower123; 01-25-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:23 PM   #470  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Good day today.

W 162.4
B egg on pancake (out of bread)
L "PPP" pancake, pepperoni and pickle "taco"
D turkey ham sandwich (yay for groceries! )

Total calories 1152

I did a short hike with two local homeschooling moms who are also trying to lose weight and deemed ourselves the Slow Hike Club. Hopefully the SHC will get in regular activities from here on out.

Flower, congrats on the good day! Lots of us food addicts out there. Glad you found another friend for support.

Ohclementine, you are so close to onederland! How exciting!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 01-25-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:48 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Nelie Is it an elliptical, treadmill, or something else? I have always like ellipticals but don't have the room for any equipment. I watch in awe at the tread climber commercials.
Me too!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #472  

Novangel--I love working for myself, I work part time too. I have to stay strict with myself about days off though because if I lose a client, it's up to me to replace them.

Kelijpa--hopefully water. Sounds like you have a good day planned.

Nelie--I think we need a pic! Am I the only one who doesn't know what gazelling is? Lol

Diana--26 years! Awesome! What did they call that program? I've heard it called hospitality I think.

Flower--in your message to Nelie I read "Dr. falafel" lol. I would much prefer to go to Dr. Falafel than any other doctor! Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I'm still finding my way.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:04 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Weekend update! Weekend I spent mostly in the burbs with my parents where it's usually been hard to stay on track, but I think I did great even though not stuck to the plan totally but resisted a lot and just did my thing.

I'm patting myself on the back and excited to get back on course, full on for the week ahead

Hope everyone's week was great!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:06 PM   #474  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Oh my goodness. I saw pics of my hike posted by one of the other ladies and it might be time for some before and after photos of my latest weight loss journey. I think you can see a bit of progress.

Attachment 47115

Attachment 47116

0-2 pounds per month does get you there eventually.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 09-25-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #475  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
Oh my goodness. I saw pics of my hike posted by one of the other ladies and it might be time for some before and after photos of my latest weight loss journey. I think you can see a bit of progress.

0-2 pounds per month does get you there eventually.
CoomMom You look awesome! Great work!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #476  

CoolMom--the SHC sounds great! Maybe one day you will be the FHC.

Sorry for multiple posts I am going page by page.

Flower--oh oh to chocolate store yay for the sugar anonymous connection!

OhClementine--congrats on the loss!

Calories yesterday:1200
Weight this morning: 146.8 down 0.4
Food today:
Baked potato with 4 tbs 5% sour cream 220
Low cal juice 20
Chicken fried rice 250
Wasabi peas 130
Low cal juice 20
Chicken broth 20
Total 660

This morning I had some physical symptoms that really scared me but I decided it was something I ate and didn't go to the er. They went away. Then I saw a bug in my apartment. Ah! Then one of my dogs was coughing strangely. It has been a triggering day as I already suffer from anxiety when nothing is going on.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:23 PM   #477  

CoolMom--guess wwe were posting at the same time. You look amazing!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:27 PM   #478  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

My weight has crept up over the later part of last year so looking forward to losing this year.
I am trying to drink more water and eating more fruit in the morning. This is so challenging for me. My exercise plans are going well.
Started the year at 84kg, lost 1.5kg.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:29 PM   #479  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Fluffy - My mom has a Gazelle (exercise machine) where you just swing your legs with legs straight, that is what I call gazelling I'll have to take a pic.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:30 PM   #480  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Fluffypuppy Yes! Hospitality! I wasn't even coming close in my head about that name. I'm sorry about the anxiety today.

Flower I hope the extra support group helps. It seems like it's a never ending fight with the cravings and desire for food in general. Good luck.

Finch Glad your day has went well. Good job staying on plan.

Nelie Now I need to google zero runner. Never heard of that one. OK, back. That's pretty cool! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOCI8zXxZUE

Kelijpa Look at the Zero Runner link above. That's pretty cool, too. I know I would get hurt on both of them. I would end up breaking something and knocking some teeth out when I fell.

Novangel Good luck with your desire to be your own boss. It has it's good points.

Ohclementine
Congrats on the pound!

Ian Keep up the great work.

Sensualappreal
Great job! Hope your week goes well, too.

Noshoes Hi

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-25-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Closed Thread