Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #76  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I am back after Christmas, New Year, seeing the family and a lovely trip both back home to the UK and West Virginia. And down to 169.6lbs for the pleasure! I hope you gals are doing well.

For breakfast today I had oats, sardines and smoked oysters.

For lunch, I had salmon, smoked oysters, cockles and squid.

For exercise, I ran 3.5 miles before lunch and did 60 minutes weight training after breakfast.

I still have another week off of work so will need to use my time wisely this week between eating well, working out, sleeping and fixing the house.

My toe is much better and I have signed up for a few 10 mile/half marathon runs in the spring.

Last edited by IanG; 01-05-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #77  

Height: 5"6

Hey team- first day back at school with the class was great! It's 3 30 and the bell has gone and I am headed to the gym! I want to remember that there is life after the workday! I had delish breakfast and lunch and am on track for calories. WOO! Now, repeat x 365!
Old 01-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #78  
Warrior Princess

It's a whopping 3 degrees here today with -11 wind chills. I picked a perfect day to start the name change process.

Ian, WB and congrats on making it back into the 160's.

I don't know if I mentioned it already or not (sorry if I did) but my new obsession is Peppermint tea which is also great for sodium bloat. I need all the help in that department I can get - and as you all know tea is 0 calories.

Making baked chicken with sauteed mushrooms for dinner tonight. My Son has been at his Dad's for almost the entire 2 weeks of Winter break so I wanted to make something he really likes.

After dinner I'm off to run at the gym. I'm unfortunately going to have to take a break from bicep pressed, my back is hurting and I don't know why but I'll see if it eases up in the next few days.

BBL.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #79  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Welcome back, Ian! I'm glad it was a good trip.

I made chicken curry and yellow jasmine rice for lunch and holy cow it was delicious! BUT, then I entered the calories. Ummmm, yea, that's it for me today. Hahaha! Next time I'll have to skip the rice.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #80  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Wow I just came over to 6 pages of convo here. This thread is bustling as usual.

Binged for 3 days last week. Ate a lot but healthy yesterday.
Today same. Detox started today. Gluten free vegan, sugar free, coffee free (alkaline diet). I want hot chocolate because it's so cold. I'll get over it.
I ate a lot today without realizing it. More than normal. Part of it was feeling like I couldn't have things so I wanted them. So I ate and ate the things I could have.
B - green smoothie
S- coconut meat
L - big salad with sunflower seeds and cashew "ranch" dressing
S- nuts
D - chili, but then also zucchini noodles with raw marinara (small bit because I wanted it) and lentil loaf that I made for my boss.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:03 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

800 cals yesterday. Up 0.2 to 149.6. 805 cals so far today and am gonna try not to have any more...maybe just a decaf with creme. Am feeling super bingey though so gonna be a challenge.

Am watching the World Junior Hockey Championship gold medal game: Canada vs Russia. I love watching sports and the world juniors is a big deal in hockey. Go Canada!

Today:
Coffee with creme 45
Broth 20
Half piece of bread 50 peanut butter 80 jam 40
Three small chocolates 70
Low cal juice 25
French onion soup 210
Half bun 150 margarine 80
Bites of bun with margarine 40
Total 805
Old 01-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
ILoveVegetables Can you find a pizza place that can make your pizza the way you want it? DH goes to a place like this. If not sending you to stay strong against the pizza.
Oh dear, how I wish. Unfortunately my ideal pizza is would be without cheese and without bread, which is no pizza at all. I want to try and learn how to make pizza at home with the healthy crust (was it cabbage? or cauliflower?) but for the time being I'm trying to stay away from it altogether.

210.4 today, down from 210.8. It's going down slowly, but surely. I had bacon, egg and toast for breakfast, and a turkey wrap (turkey slices, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado) for lunch. They normally put quite a bit of cheese on it but I mustered up every bit of self control and asked for no cheese and surprisingly it still tasted great! The next step is to get rid of the bacon, but I don't have it too often so I'm going to let it slide this once.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

NorthernChick It's exciting that you found your wedding dress! Can you describe it or post a link so we can see. I know you will be beautiful in it.

Noexcuse4me Hi

CoolMom I love shopping but I can't deal with not being able to find what I need. It's not like I eat exotic foods for lunch. The soup substitute went well for lunch today. I'll see how it goes the rest of the week. I love curry. Glad you enjoyed it.

Flower Good to see you check in. I'm sorry you are still struggling with the pain. Hopefully the chiro can help.

Eydawn Great job sticking to your calories on date night!

LindseyLou Sorry that you still have the migraine. I hope you feel better soon. I know that must be difficult chasing after the little ones when you are not feeling well. Good job on your plan for the day.

Syckgirlsfv Good news about your furbaby. Hopefully she will be all healed up soon.

Ian
Welcome back! Congrats on the 160's! I know you are happy about that.

Novangel That's too cold! I hope your back heals quickly.

Amethystjean Good luck with the detox.

Fluffypuppy Sending you to stay strong against those feelings.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #84  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1400 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 calories)
Amy's Light in Sodium Lentil Vegetable 320 calories
apple 80 calories
I added some extra chopped zucchini to the soup. I am not counting that at this time. I want to see how it goes this week with the transition from my usual lunch to the new lunch

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 grilled mahi tacos, no sauce 600 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-06-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #85  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all!

Welcome back Ian and Northern! so great to see you both!!

Welcome newbies!

Good to see everybody Flower, Eydawn Flower hope you find some relief soon! Eydawn, exciting DH wants to do a 5k with you! I think DH and I doing it together is what helps me, I wouldn't be nearly as strong.

coolmom glad you guys are feeling better. good job staying in the low 160s.

syckgirlsfv that chicken sounds awesome, I used to make something like that with cream of mushroom and rice, yums. Great job staying in the 150s!

AmethystJean and Fluffypuppy

w-165.0
b-oatmeal, raisins, sunflower nuts, almond milk
l-greens, 5 bean salad, olives, sauerkraut, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar
d-Asian salad, ginger sesame dressing, raisins, sunflower nuts, croutons
s-banana, irish cream
e-walk, my first yoga workout! 20 mins and abs.

best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-05-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #86  

have to get back on the diet bandwagon. Am eating way too much. Someone has to tell my conscience that the holidays are over

I wish I could type to people individually. But the shoulder/neck are still in so much pain. So typing is very limited. Its really hard. Because laying down is the only comfortable position.

Today I ate way too much. 4 chicken sausages, 1 big salad. Soup. 1 large bag of popchips. Sourcream and onion flavor. 3 macintosh apples. Requisite amount of hot chocolate and so far 1 bowl of lemon protein frozen stuff. This is way too much. I know that the pain and stress of the neck and shoulder is erroding my dicipline. But that cannot be an excuse. Because I do not want to pay the price. SO I have to be accountable here even though I will not be speaking to people individually.

Diana So sorry you did not win the lottery. It just is so unfair. Congrats on the 4 lb loss. Way to go !

Edawn Wind gusts to 75 MPH?? Are you on top of a mountain? I know what you mean about it being hard to figure out nutrition.

LindseyLou, I hope you are feeling better now. Migraines are supposed to be so painful.

Fluffypuppy: yayyyyyyyyyyyy and congrats on the weight loss. You rock.

Coolmom chicken curry sounds awesome. wish you had one of those nice kitchen fairies to stop by and help you cook. So you were not doing the whole thing alone.

syckgirlsfv,I am so glad that kitty is feeling better. I hope the bladder infecter clears up and she is one healthy girl after that.

Ian so glad you had a good trip!

Northernchick, woohooo sounds like you are doing great with the calories and exercise.

novangel, your weather is colder than it was here. It was horrible. Peppermint tea sounds great. Wish I could try it. But it would antidote the homeopathics I take.

AmethystJean. awesome that you are doing the detox. I bet that in a day or 2 you will not have the cravings. How long are you doing the detox?

ILoveVegetables nice to meet you. Great that you ate the wrap without cheese. Congrats on the weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race ( not that it's a race)

Hi Kelijpa hope you are doing well. When you posted you didnt say anything about you. I hope you are not getting obscenely cold weather

Okay, I guess I could not resist the personal messages. Tuesday I plan to write good news here about the food intake. Its just hard when I am in so much pain. But whats worse is being in a lot of pain and seeing that I gained 7 lbs. Yes. 7. Or maybe more by tomorrow morning. I have to stop the insanity. I hope you all have an awesome Tuesday.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:00 AM   #87  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana and flower thank you for the well wishes for my sweet girl
kelijpa I did exactly the chicken and cream of mushroom thing but I just added some ranch seasoning I got at Costco. came out good
Novangel I would die in that kind of cold! It got to 81 degrees here today! I don't know how you ladies in the colder states do it. I'm a big baby in extreme weather. But I guess it's because I was born here in So Cal

I had the garden burger for dinner with baked fries. so good! Munching a little now on goldfish crackers. Bike ride with DH tomorrow after work!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #88  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
Thought I'd get in a quick post, Flower I'm doing well, I put all the goodies in the freezer, with a have to lose 10 pounds before you get a cookie, just not seeing them really helps me. I saw something on tv then again in a magazine about how much more likely you are to eat something if it,s on the counter instead of in a cupboard. Simple but sometimes a little change is all that's needed.

I did some gentle stretching on the shoulder after doing yoga it seems to have helped, we're supposed to get down in the single digits tonight then a little warm up to the 30s, c'mon spring!!

W-166.0
B-same as yesterday
L-same
D-split pea soup.
E- walk

Best to all

Diana :wave!

Flower maybe a little Marcel therapy is in order
Old 01-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Breath Primer, Energizing Breath Exercises, Teapot breathing from Fat Free Yoga

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh In: 171.2
Down: 1.4 pounds

Not sure what's going on w/TTOM. It seems like it's back to the same nonsense that was going on the previous months. All is clear with the female stuff and thyroid situation is improving. Maybe it's an age thing. Anyways it doesn't seem to be going on anymore. I'll just keep track of all the nonsense on my calendar.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-06-2015, 09:10 AM   #90  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
Novangel I would die in that kind of cold! It got to 81 degrees here today! I don't know how you ladies in the colder states do it. I'm a big baby in extreme weather. But I guess it's because I was born here in So Cal
January is brutal here. I don't like our winters but moving isn't an option until my son is much older. Maybe someday.

It was so cold and snowy last night I just wound up staying home. I didn't want to deal with slippery driving. I'll go tonight now that everything is plowed.

Off to work in a bit. Take care, all.
Closed Thread