Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #121  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 1.4lbs to 173.6lbs today.

A terrible day for exercise. I wanted to run but my toe said no so went to the gym instead and it was closed! So no workout. I cleaned the house instead.

Breakfast was medium stickleback, smoked oysters and oats.

Lunch was salmon, baby squid, smoked oysters and octopus.

Thanks CoolMom. I do speak to my kids every week but it is tough. It is a super rollercoaster of emotions. Some weeks I feel very positive, others (like this week) not so much. It would be nice if things got better as time went by but it is much more up and down than that which, unfortunately, I hear is quite normal.

Last edited by IanG; 12-07-2014 at 06:18 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #122  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Weekend pretty much as normal, off plan mostly, kind of on plan today. We have a plan of trying to maintain through the holidays and then going back to weight loss mode after the first for about 12 weeks, so hoping that will get me where I really want to maintain.

Ian

Fluffy puppy I was thinking you could probably give some location info without revealing exactly where you, live, sounds like that's what you've done. Good job on resisting the chocolate and pizza.

Speaking of chocolate Flower my husband is on a hot chocolate kind of kick, not every night and not healthy Dutch processed, etc...today at the store he talked me into peppermint mini marshmallows for the HC seriously...yikes

So, Diana speaking of DOMS, I came across another article on the sit stand test, I first saw it in AARP. You're supposed to sit cross legged on the floor and then get back to standing without using your arms, etc., anyway it turns out DH can do this no problem, so I keep trying and man, I am feeling it. Muscles I didn't know existed in my legs are hurting, of course since he can do it I can't stop trying

Sounds like everyone is doing well, I see we gained a couple and maybe lost a couple... everyone!

Mossy I've seen you on the monthly weigh-in, I need to get over there and check in.

Coolmom and syckgirlsfv now that you 're feeling better dreaming of more temperate zones, we're looking at 18 or so tonight, it was nice and sunny today, but cold, so we did 4 miles at the rail trail, kept a pretty good pace 'cause I wanted to get done!

Best to all

Hidden star I was going to make a comment to you, but dang if I can remember it... Sorry!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Kelijpa ya I gave an intersection. Thanks for the feedback! Maintaining during the holidays is a good plan. I don't think I know how! I seem to have such a tiny window for maintenance. I'm always losing or gaining.

Today:
Veggie juice 200
1 med sausage roll 100
Chicken nuggets and broccoli with butter 400
Several pickle slices 75
6 meatballs 160
Total 935

Tomorrow
Swiss chalet quarter chicken with baked potato and sour cream and gravy, skip the butter, roll and stuffing 555
Salad with cheese 200
Meatballs 160
Total 915

Last edited by Fluffypuppy; 12-07-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #124  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Ian,

Diana, Sorry about the DOMS. I guess your body noticed that workout!

Hiddenstar, congrats on hitting your low again!

Kelijpa, that does sound cold! Amazing you still got out for 4 miles. It has warmed back up quite a bit here.

We went out to eat for dinner after seeing a children's play and, even choosing healthier options, it put me over my 1200 calorie goal. It's probably around 1670 total. I hope everyone had a good weekend.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #125  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Hiddenstar Great job getting back to your low number. Did you go for the trampoline? I would! That sounds like a lot of fun!

CoolMom Did you make the salmon patty with canned salmon?

Ian You were doing a lot of running and I bet it help with your stress levels. Now you can run as much. Do you think you would get the same benefit from spinning classes? Do you think spinning would hurt your toe?

Kelijpa
I have heard about that exercise. I think I heard people who can get up without using their hands will live longer or have less mobility problems as they age. Something like that. My lower body is still hurting. Geesh, you would never know that I workout daily.

FluffyPuppy I was going to suggest, since you plateaued at 1200 how about shooting for 1100 calories. Since you have been hungry, up your protein, by a little and adding in a good amount of veggies. This might keep you a little more satisfied.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #126  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1400 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (200 caloires)
Frozen grapes and a couple samples at the grocery store 200 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
chicken salad sandwich on pump. 550 calories
fruit cup 50 calories
shared chocolate cookie w/DH 200 calories

Exercise
Daniel Plan Total Cardio
Old 12-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

Ian, can you go to the pool until your toe heals? Toe therapy without more strain. You're working so hard, take good care of yourself.

Diana, I like this thread. I saw the same report about being able to get up off the floor without using hands &/or bracing yourself against a piece of furniture.

Kelijpa... the weigh in and the accountability thread, it's great to have a place to hang your hat. I was overwhelmed with all of the threads. There were so many forks in the road, I had no idea which direction to go.

Pool therapy/exercise - 1 hour
B- bacon and eggs
L - BPCoffee
KerryGold Butter, MCT Coconut Oil, 2 Tbsp HC
D- Steak, salad, acorn squash, 1/4 baked potato
Evening drink - 2 Tbsp Special Dark unsweetened dry cocoa
2 Tbsp dried Coconut milk
Cinnamon
No sweetner

I followed a paleo-centric plan for 4.5 months without sugars/sweetners or honey.

Last 5 weeks, following a ketogenic protocol. I alternate days of higher carb vegetables/fruits with days of about 20 gms carbs. to keep from stalling out. This is the only way I can smother out insulin resistance. I had to give up the carbs....similar to Ian's plan. I was at the same weight for years. This works for me to switch it up.

I started walking out my front door for a few blocks and worked up to 7 mi aday before the snow blew in. I'm at the pool on bitter cold days.

Last edited by Mossy; 12-07-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #128  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim and Limber

The girls here are going to love this:

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh in: 166.6
Down: .4

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #129  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Kelijpa - I think we all have moments like that.

Diana - I did do the trampoline park. And I am seriously impressed by those that do trampoline workouts. I'm glad that I only paid for 1 hour. After 15 minutes, I was exhausted. Took a break and did a little more.

I am 144.8 today - down some more and just made a realization that I have lost 50 pounds now. I still am dumbfounded by that. I never realized how big I was. Never thought that I had that much to lose. Not sure how much to go either - I guess that I will know when I get there.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #130  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

That's funny, diana! Good job on the .4. My salmon burgers are from a bag, not homemade.

Mossy, your menu looks yum and good job getting an hour of exercise in. I've never tried cocoa without a sweetener. It's not too bitter?

Hiddenstar, congrats on the 50 pounds! My experience with the trampoline place sounds exactly the same. 15 minutes and beat!

Weight back up today: 163

B few bites of cottage cheese and veg to take my antibiotic.
I'm in a meal plan rut.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #131  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning all!

one week to VEGAS!!! I won't be in the 140s, though...I'm up the usual 4 pounds of water because of the weekend. I haven't been able to exercise all week but I sure do feel so much BETTER today!!! Lets hope I have the presence of mind to stay that way and not do too much yet - but I am going to ride my bike a short 11 miles later today.

Coolmom glad you are feeling better, too
Kelijpa it's going to be 77 degrees here today...
flower good luck with your scale, and LOL at sticking your big toe on it first!

Had Cheesecake Factory yesterday - skinnyliscious turkey avocado sandwich with a Caesar side salad (skinny dressing on it), but then we brought home a piece of cheesecake to share. Peppermint bark cheesecake! It was good, but I like the S'mores one better. So of course the water gain today! I can get it back down to 150 by the end of the week so I'll have to settle for that. It's winter, so no pool action anyway.

B - belvita
S - fuji apple, kiwi
L - leftover homemade chicken soup to which I added more chicken and some broccoli.
D - not sure yet, probably boil the cheese ravioli DH took out of the freezer in an effort to make room. And salad.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #132  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Fluffypuppy, just because you stalled at 144 doesn't mean that you need to reduce even more. The scale will move again. Plus lowering below 1200 your body is in starvation mode. I know I'm guilty too I just don't do it on a regular basis so I hope to keep my body from thinking it's starving
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #133  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

I had a bad day Saturday. I didn't eat all day and then I went to a party and the only thing I could eat was the dish I brought (vegan cheese and rice crackers), but I ended up eating more because I was so hungry and feeling left out (and probably the fact that I was drinking didn't help). I walked about 10 km that day at least, but I still ate 1200-2000 cals that night.

Sunday I fasted partially because I was in pain from what I ate and partially in penance. It hurts so much. I can't even touch the area. Very obvious that wheat physically damages the intestines when you can't touch the area!

131.4 this morning, better than I expected considering, but need to get back to where I was and beyond if I hope to make my Christmas goal.

A lot has gone on since I've posted, sorry I can't catch up
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #134  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks kelijpa and CoolMom for the hugs.

And thanks Diana and Mossy for the workout tips. I may try them. I just so like running that it is tough to deviate from it. My trick for now is to have more rest days and to substitute for boxing when I can. I am also going serious on the toe supports which I have bought and am trying out while I run but also while I rest. We'll see how that goes. I think it is bursitis or Metatarsalgia, the cure for both of which is rest. My problem is I can't rest too much else I go crazy.

Down 0.8lbs to 172.8lbs today.

I have made a big decision. I have given up the tart cherry juice. And no beer.

Just water in the evenings from now on. I would like to see what happens if I keep my sugar lower. It might push me into the 160s.

For breakfast I had sardines, smoked oysters and oats.

For lunch, I had smoked sturgeon, smoked oysters, squid, a crab cake and cod.

For exercise, I did 50 minutes weight training before work and ran 4 miles before lunch.

Last edited by IanG; 12-08-2014 at 04:32 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Diana--I was afraid to go below 1200 initially cuz I've always heard of "starvation mode" and increased likelihood of binges. This week I have been at or just under 1000 and I'm getting good results but I find I'm very preoccupied with food, even when I'm not hungry (which isn't very often). I've also been cutting out bread and pasta and increasing protein and veggies. It's working, but can I sustain it? Should I sustain it?

Hiddenstar--Wtg on 50! That is amazing!

AmethystJean--I know what you mean about feeling left out sorry you are in pain. How long does that usually last?

I didn't go to Swiss Chalet cuz my scale threw me for a loop this morning and I felt like I needed to watch it. I stepped on, I was 153.6. Seemed about right and I was happy. Took the dogs out, went back to bathroom for a shower and decided to weigh again. 152.2. I couldn't believe that so I did it again. 152.2. Awesome! Still don't believe it, one more time 155.8. What?!? No it can't be. Try again 155.8. I know I shouldn't get hung up on a couple pounds either way, but it was hard.

So far today:
Broccoli Parmesan soup 300
Flavoured coffee w/cream 60?

Right now as soon as I send this
Salad w/cheese 200

Planned:
Meatballs 100
Mini portion control bag of cheezies 100
And maybe one more of those 100
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote