Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #1  

Default I regained weight and now I want to cry.

I tried on some shorts from last year. Exactly last year and now I know. I am reminding myself that just as weight can come on, it can also come off. That instead of allowing the stress to let me go off some deep end, I can breathe, calm down and work towards losing weight. I still feel extremely sad. Its always a brick. I've always at some point regained weight, but more than where I am now because I just let it turn into some dark cycle. But I have to believe in myself, that when I want to change something, that I have the ability to and yes I am worth not giving up on myself - if I want something good for myself, I deserve the hard work it takes to go for it. I still want to sob though.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #2  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

I totally feel your pain. Let's do this together. I gained a lot of weight a year ago when I started grad school and developed eating as a break or coping mechanism. Now I just want to cry when I look in the mirror or put on most of my clothes. I can't even find the person who used to be able to go without eating although I am losing the person who wants to snack and binge, so that's good. Seriously, I will message you every day if you want and will do the same for me.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #3  

Absolutely - for some reason I can't PM you but we can keep on encouraging each other here. Its hard, but we are never always perfect at our jobs or schoolwork or whatever in life, we all do a little worse than we want at some point at whatever, or we slack on it because things happen, etc. I've dropped a lot of hobbies or haven't done a great job at work at times. But just like with everything else, now we are seeing that hey, we know it - enough is enough, its time to get it together.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #4  
No excuses

Maybe because I'm new? I don't even see anywhere I can get messages. I will look into it further.

My day is going okay except for...chocolate cake not even good chocolate cake.

So tomorrow starts day one without junk. Going until Christmas. I hope.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #5  

Hey its alright - I eat mediocre tasting food all the time! Choco cake really isn't like 1000 cals, so it didn't even result in gains. Its OK. HUGS
Old 11-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #6  
No excuses

Thanks pixellate,
How is your day going?
I stayed in bed until nearly 2 as I am avoiding doing the work I need to do on a class I hate (psychopathology) with a prof I hate even more. I even sense that I could like the class with the right prof but he is picky and a hard marker and negative and ugh! 2 and a half more weeks thankfully. So I just ate my first meal which was a protein shake with banana and coffee.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #7  

Eep I'm counting on this to be a good day! I really need to be consistent! Turkey day is ok, I actually am not big on Thanksgiving but its very cold so all I want to do is stay indoors...and eat, but I'll try not to overdo anything. I went by a friend's house to make food, turkey with browned butter. Bad professors are the worst! It took about a year after college for me to stop dreaming about finals week. Good job, protein is fantastic!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #8  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hugs to both of you, from someone in the same boat. Pixellate, you could not have said it better: if weight can be gained it can be lost. A regain is not worth us feeling worse about ourselves, and it does not negate our value in this world, because who we are and what we have to offer doesn't change when our weight does. Happy thanksgiving to everyone in the US!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #9  

Thanks JayZeeJay! I def remember you as a maintainer, yes we are def all in this together!
Amethyst, I don't think that I can keep up everyday - I find that that kinda stresses me out, but I can check when you get msging capabilities and keep in touch or something.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #10  
No excuses

pixellate, looks like messaging is like siggys, I'll get one after 20 days, so probably around Dec 6, don't worry about every day, it's what I need to do right now and I've found plenty of threads that I do it in.

I can totally relate to the cold making you want to stay in and eat. I want to curl up with a blanket and hot food and hot drinks.

Hi Jayzeejay! Let's do this, right!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #11  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Re

Heck yeah I hear you...30 lbs of regain hearing you.

The most important part though is that you're here and ready to do something about it, that you've hit the brakes on the upward spiral. You did it once and can certainly do it again!
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #12  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Amen Vex. BTW, was your avatar formerly Grumpy Cat? Or was that someone else?
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #13  
No excuses

Hey, I'm not a newbie anymore. Got my siggy and PM priveledges! YAY

LOL

Good day today. Maybe not the most nutritional seeing as I had pumpkin loaf and coffee instead of dinner, but I killed it at the gym.

How's it going pixellate? Everyone?
Old 12-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #14  

Hi all, um not as well as I would like but I will try harder. Pumpkin loaf sounds pretty delicious and really far from the worst treat - I just made chocolate chip cookies! They were fantastic. No pie though.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #15  
No excuses

MMM chocolate chip cookies. I love chocolate chip cookies. What I wouldn't give to be able to eat my old chocolate chip cookie recipe, the one with all the allergens I can't eat any more. I have not even attempted to make them in a long time. I think it will be quite a bit of trial and error to come up with a gluten free vegan one. I had a vegan one, but the company seemed to stop making the buttery sticks so now I have to replace that as well as the gluten. Ugh. I wish my digestion was normal.