Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #1  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 324/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Default In need of a buddy

Hey guys,

I'm fallen completely off of the wagon... so far off, that I have gained a good 30 pounds. I'm in need of a weight loss buddy. Someone who can encourage and motivate me to get back on track. Someone who likes to email back and forth... anyone out there interested? Quick facts about me:

I'm 36, married, no kids... live in Canada.
I love dogs.. I have two... I'm a creative person, love crafts.
Love music... movies... love being silly.

Kristeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #2  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 324/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow...no buddies to be had...
Oh well, thanks for reading my thread, anyway.
Kristeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #3  

surely you will find someone guys, as this is not pretty hard
marialee8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Kristeebee - The forums can be kinda quiet this time of year, but come Jan 1 they are going to explode with people, and there will likely be someone who will also be looking for a one-on-one buddy.

But in the meantime you can consider all of us at the forums your buddies, come and post often! You can post right in this very thread, I'll certainly follow it (I'm married, no kids, LOVE LOVE LOVE dogs, and am really really silly!)! Or hop on to one of the challenge threads in the Chicks Up for a Challenge group, they are quite active on a daily basis and you'll get lots of daily support and encouragement.

Don't give up and don't go away.

*hugs*

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 11-13-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #5  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I'll be your email weight loss buddy if you want
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hello Kristeebee! I also would love to post here on this thread. I have too much going on in my life to be a full on buddy, but perhaps between Mrs Snark and I, you'll get the support you need. She's absolutely right, after the new year, it'll be super busy here with new and returning members. Btw, I also LOVE dogs and I have an adorable, shaggy, goofy Goldendoodle.

I also would like to say that I can relate to being out of control with food. I have a food addiction and have been struggling with binge eating for many years. I've yo-yo'd with my weight and it can really be a nightmare. One of the things that is helping me right now is taking all sugar (aside from what occurs naturally in fruit/veggies) and flour out of my diet. I'm also doing OA (Overeaters Anonymous). I have a Sponsor who gives me the support I need and the program, even though it can seem strange at first, has really been a life changer. Just wanted to put that out there...it's not for everyone and my husband refuses to do it, so I get it.

Sending you hugs and I hope you will post often and ask anything you'd like.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/294/160

Height: 170 cm

Pick Me, pick me!!

What do you need in a buddy? I'll do it! I am also Canadian, love dogs (we have an adorable 2 year old silver-back Yorki-poo), I'm 35, and I am well aware that we cannot do this alone. No man is an island!

This morning my dear, sweet 9 year old said (in a most impressed voice) "Mum! It looks like you've grown!" Apparently my belly looks bigger. He didn't mean it to be insulting - to him growing is a great, important thing! But *oof* did it hurt.

So, I'll help you, you help me. Sound good?

Last edited by Bardess; 11-13-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Bardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

If you still need a buddy, I can e-mail back and forth with you. I have a few other gals I talk on Skype with, and even one that I text. I could PM my e-mail to you though. I work from home at the computer, so I'm around quite a bit, I just don't venture into this part of the forums as often.

Send me a PM if you're still in need of a buddy and let me know what you're looking for in one.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #9  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

I'm looking for someone who will be a one-on-one support too. I'm not so good with email, but I will PM as soon as get past probation period (Dec 6 I think) and get that capability (and a siggy!) I can also text Canada-wide.

I'm 33, love animals too (I have a cat). Single grad student, gained all the weight in the first 3 months of school and been holding on to it ever since. Vegan (mostly) and gluten-free and I love to cook. Successfuly overcoming my emotional eating and binge eating.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote