Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 10:54 AM   #76  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Well, I am trying to climb back up on the wagon today. I have been a slug all weekend and eaten until I am sick!! YUCK!!! I think I hit my point of self loathing and am ready to get back to plan. Lets hope I can last longer than a few days this time.

We have picked a campground in Florida that is right on the ocean so now I am waiting back to see if they have room for us on the week of December 25-January 1. The first place I tried was booked already!! That was a shocker. I figured if I planned it 5 months in advance I was sure to get the place I wanted.

Cappie took a few days off from harrassing the cats but he chased Fat cow out of the house this morning. I am still waiting to hear from the rescue rep. Nice animal rescue they have there huh?

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I will be here more often this week while I try to fight the urge to cheat.

CONGRATS GEM!!!! That is an awesome loss!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 05:29 PM   #77  
Mommy, wife, teacher

I just want you all to know that I have been online for 45 minutes, and I keep getting kicked off AOL. I've tried posting 3 times!!! I'm so frustrated!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 05:33 PM   #78  
Mommy, wife, teacher

GEM: Thanks for the info. I hardly use aspartame, unless I have a diet soda. I use sweet n low because my diabetic grandma was told to use it by her doctor. I wish I could use splenda, but I can't deal with the diarrhea!!!

Angie: Have you ever logged on to Petfinder.org? It is a wonderful website. I adopted my beagle, Duffy, through them. They are very helpful. They could probably help you find a good placement for Cappie. Most shelters all over the country are hooked up with them. Best of luck. Are you going to post a photo of yourself with your new haircut?

Summer
Old 08-10-2003, 05:45 PM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yeah I will post a pic with my new haircut. My appointment is Wednesday morning.

I am still waiting for the rescue rep to email me back about Cappie. The nearest rep is in New Hampshire so I would think there would be people interested somewhere in a Keeshond. His only problems are his barking when people come over. He sounds like he wants to eat them but it is just excitement and his trying to roll the cats. Other than that he is a sweet boy for the most part. I feel so guilty!!!

So far so good on the diet front today. My biggest problem areas are nighttime eating so hopefully tonight isnt too bad. Jay is going to try to lose some weight too so maybe that will boost me. We are eating buddies after all.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:55 PM   #80  
Mommy, wife, teacher

I need to vent and kind of take a survey.

A traditional surprise baby or bridal shower in my social circles lasts about three hours long with the guest of honor arriving approximately 30 minutes after the guests. There is always food, finger sandwiches, mimosas or punch, coffee, tea, etc... Sometimes men are included, i.e., "Jack & Jill." However the time frame was always the same.

Is this typical around other parts of the USA and world?

The reason I'm asking is because I was obligated to attend a baby shower for my teaching assistant, Sandy, on Saturday at 1:00pm. It was 1 hour away meaning that I would be wasting 2 hours on the road. I planned to stay for two hours, just long enough to be social, eat a little, and watch her open her gifts. I wanted to get out of there before the cake. I was driving with two coworkers. We arrived at 1:05pm. We were the first ones there. The next guests didn't arrive until 2:00pm! We asked when Sandy was coming and were told 2:30pm! I called my husband to warn him because he already wasn't very happy that I had to ditch him for the day (we only have the weekends to spend family time), and I knew he was gonna be royally pissed since he was expecting me home at 4:00pm. I explained that it was out of my control, and I couldn't leave right after Sandy arrived. I was right, he was mad. It was 3:00pm, and no appetizers had been put out. Anyway, more people arrived, and the food finally came out...burgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, rice and beans, baked beans, etc... Everything was delicious, but Sandy was missing it all. Her father finally left to pick her up. She arrived at 3:30pm. Her family shoved a plate of food in her face after everyone else had eaten. We greeted her, apologized for leaving "early," and left at 4:30pm. I missed all of her excitement, the gifts, etc... I was home at 5:30pm to a very angry family...and I didn't blame them one bit.

Does this sound strange to anyone else?

Summer
Old 08-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #81  

Very Strange...And Inconsiderate
Old 08-11-2003, 09:33 AM   #82  
No Limit Souljah!!

Yeah,

That seemed like a very lowsy shower. Hope the family is all cooled of, summer

Angie- I can't belive you're cutting you hair!! NOT that I'm discouraging you ( I would never do that) it's just so sudden ad daring! I say you go girl!

Well i feel compeled to share a secret with all of you. I decided that if I get my stomach flat enough by the end of September, that I'm gonna pierce my belly button AHHHH!!! It was an impulsive decision which stemmed heavily from a group of 14 year olds! It's something i would never do but then i decided if I ever et the confidence to bear my midriff why not go all the way! It really motivates me. In fact I'm gonna post a picture for you all

To be Continued...
Old 08-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #83  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Alright Dips!!! I would love to have a peirced belly button but I am scared of needles so that would never happen. I did decide that if I ever got up the nerve to have a tummy tuck when I can learn to maintain then I would tell them that when they are making a new belly button then they might as well peirce it while I am out. I wonder if they would do that? haha. My daughter who is going to be 12 in October wants hers done. I might do it for her birthday gift. She is going to be a little hotty!! I am so in trouble in a couple of years. I can tell already that she is going to be the same kind of teen I was. AAHHH!!!!

Kempy, How was your vacation? We are trying to get a campground either in Jacksonville(2nd choice) or St. Augustine(oceanfront camping spots) that is what I want. Then the kids can go right on the beach first thing in the morning and look for seashells while I stay with the dogs but can still see them. The dogs arent allowed on the beach. We are going to be there for 8 days. I told Jay last night we should take a day and drive to your town and go to the gym and ask for Kempoy. Would that surprise you if I just walked into your work? Do you think you would know it was me if I didnt tell you first? I am bad with recognizing people. I know I have walked past people that I went to school with and not known it.

Noelle,Where are you? Did you have a good weekend?

Sandy, Come back!!!! I miss you!!!

Chris, How did your family reunion turn out? I hope you had fun!!

Summer, That was some shower,huh? We throw ours like you described. I would have been so mad too.

Tonya, How are you doing? Did you have a good anniversary? *WINK*

GEM, How are you doing?
Old 08-11-2003, 11:34 AM   #84  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I just cut a couple of inches off my hair after my shower!! I cant back out now!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #85  
No Limit Souljah!!

I hope this works...

Now if I did this right you should see a picture of my belly the first time I lost weight I have since put about 15 back on but when I get down to this again it's belly piercing time!!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:28 PM   #86  
No Limit Souljah!!

Sometimes I can't beliee my stomache looked like this. I hate that I lost control and got all pudgy again. I stare at this photo for motivation. I will get this back!!

Later Gals!
Old 08-11-2003, 01:45 PM   #87  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WOW Dips!!! You have a nice flat stomache. I would love to have mine look that nice!!!! You will lose those last 15 in no time I bet especially with your killer workout instructor.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:08 PM   #88  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Unhappy HELLO???

Where is everyone today? I am bored.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:52 PM   #89  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies~~I'm here. I don't know what's up with my screwed-up internet provider. We've been having glitches all weekend with this Road Runner cable 'service' and I've had problems downloading my emails both at work and at home. It's ticking me off! You would think that with the amount we pay for cable service they'd actually give us good service . Anyways, I'm around, just busy with work and all...it's a short week for me.

WooHoo Dips! That's awesome. If I had a tummy like that I'd show it off too. A bellybutton ring huh? Go for it!

Angie, you're so funny. I don't know if I'd be so bold as to cut a chunk off of my own hair, but I wouldn't hesitate to let the stylist do it. As for Brit growing up to be the kind of teenager you once were....oh the horror! I imagine the same things about my son. I think I'd get even more gray hairs once he reaches puberty. Thank God that's not for another 10 years or so.

Summer, that shower did sound like a bummer. A bunch of inconsiderate people I think as far as time goes. Why state a time for a party if you're going to be 2 hours behind schedule? I guess there are those sorts of people anywhere you go, because I have quite a few relatives who would pull the same thing--that's why whenever I go to their parties, I turn up 2 hours later than it's supposed to start, just in time for the real beginning.

Has Kempy come back from vacation yet? Hope you had a great time. Do tell us about your romantic adventures in FL.

I'll catch up more with you ladies later on, I gotta get back to work while I'm still in the mood.

Take it easy gals.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #90  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Angie: You are VERY DARING with your hair!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Dips: You and your belly are amazing!!!
I never had a flat stomach like that, even when I was a size 10. If I had a flat tummy like yours, I would definitely accessorize it!

Noelle: Sorry you are having computer problems. Are you feeling healthier now?

GEM: How's it going?

Hey everybody else! How's it going? How's the challenge?

Tomorrow will be my daughter's "Bus safety inservice." She will learn all about riding on a school bus for the first time. As of the other day, she informed me that she will not be riding a bus. Boy is she in for a rude awakening!!!

I have to start getting ready for school soon. What a freaking drag... I'm just so not into this. I don't have as much preparation as I did last year since as far as I know I will have the same grade and room. I have to edit and type up my first day of school information letter, which is like 7 pages long...and probably doesn't get read. I have to call everyone that has registered already and verify that they are indeed planning on being in my class this year. I have a lot of crap to do. I am not ready for summer to be over. Basically, I had a fabulous two weeks of vacation, but the rest of the summer sucked because of all of the rain. I haven't been in the sun in eleven days. My tan is fading. I know teachers who have already been to school, but I am holding off for one more week. This is so depressing.

Summer
Closed Thread