Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 02:42 AM   #61  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,
ANGIE- Your dog story broke my heart. I'm so sorry you have to give your baby up but as long as you find cappie a home where he'll be happy I think you'll feel better about it. Don't loose your focus, girl, I've been following your progress almost a year and you've come too far to give it up now. Remember way back when i told you you were my inspiration?? You still are! You're close Angie, you will make it!!

CHICKITABABE- I know how dificult the market can be, but look at it this way. Once you make it out of the supermarket without junk food then you've conquered the hardest part. If you don't buy it, you can't eat it right?? Then when you get home you'll forget all about that evil food. (out of sight, out of mind, right??)

SVELTECHICKY- We all have our bad days but tomorrow is another day, don't beat yourself up over one moment of weakness, just forgive yourself and try harder the next day. I don't really know your story as well as Angie's but from what I read in previous posts, you've been working pretty hard and doing well, visualize what you want and just go for it, girly!!

GEM- Thank you for the welcome. Italy is just beautiful. But we're in the middle of a heat wave. It's been in the high 90's and the humidity makes it feel like you can fry an egg on your front steps.I try to stay indoors during the day and go out at night when it's in th 70's. I still lovethis place though.

To Holly, Em, Tonya and Summer I don't really know you all yet but I hope all is going well today. It's friday here in Italy so I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

I did a new aerobics class this morning and it kicked my butt. But I felt sooooo good afterward. I'm gonna go back to the gym this evening to do weights but now I'm off to a {healthy} Breakfast.

Ciao Ladies

-Dips-
Old 08-08-2003, 08:08 AM   #62  
Finally Fit!

Good Morning Ladies! I started this day off with a positive attitidue, and a brisk walk with the dog. I always feel good when I do that, not sure why, besides laziness, that I don't do that every morning. It was great, and now I"m energized for the day.

Today is my Hubby's 26th Birthday, and I'm gonna find him an ice cream cake for tonight after dinner. He loves them, and he hates people to fuss over him, but I want him to feel special. It doesn't take a landmark or milestone number to celebrate a birthday, I figure every year should be special. And, this may be the last birthday he spends NOT being a father, so I wanna be excited about it.

I had a scrapbooking party last night, and did very well. Everyone was great,a nd that boosted me right up. We also may go to Hershey Park, since a friend of the family may get free tickets. I could defnitely use a ride and a big hug from a giant hershey's kiss. You bet i'll take pictures of that one! Hopefully we get the tix, cause I wanna go. (stomping my feet and pouting)

Then Sunday is the family reunion, and many of them have not seen me in 2 yrs, so that'll be a little surprise for them. SOmetimes people don't recognize me, and ignore me like I'm the friend of the family. It's funny, Memorial Day was like that. My aunt walked right past me. When she realized, she said 'oh, i thought you were one of your sister's college friends, sorry honey!!'... it was great. So, we'll be in PA for that too. I'm sure I"ll eat the wrong things, but hopefully someone will pick up a game of softball or something and i'll work it off with the kids. First time that i'd be in it, instead of cheering it. Milestones.

Well, as you can tell, i'm chatty, energetic, and positive. Let's keep this day rolling and maybe it'll end just as good as it's starting. Thanks for the inspiration girls... man, i'm glad I've got you guys to cheer me on, and keep me positive.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:55 AM   #63  

Angie,

I am so sorry that you may have to give up your dog .

GEM,

Thanks for the encouragement. It just seems to take soooo long to lose 1 pound, it gets frustrating.

Dips,

Well, I made it through the grocery store last night without buying any sweets. I was kinda hungry, so I bought some Sesame Oatbran sticks, and that was it!! This weekend is going to be tough for me because Sunday is my daughter's birthday party, I just ordered the cake yesterday, and I have to make another on Sunday, just to make sure we have enough! I have stayed completely away from junk this week so far, haven't seen much of a loss on the scale, but, I keep on doing what I am doing, and figure it has to help eventually, right?

Svelte,

Happy birthday to your husband! My husband's 26th birthday is September 6. I loooovve Hershey Park! I live in New York State, but, have only been to Hershey twice! It is sooo funny how people you haven't seen in a while don't recognize you after losing weight! When I was 13, I weighed 189, and by 17, I was 133. Nobody recognized me either! Unfortunately, that weight loss was not through proper diet, I had an ED, but, thankfully that has been history for 3 years. Right now I am at 151.5, too high for my liking, but, I am eating well, drinking water, and exercising, so, hopefully I will see some healthy, positive changes! It just may take a while. By the way, great job on the weight loss!

Hello to Emily, Noelle, Kempy, Summer, Tonya,... everyone else!!

Holly
Old 08-08-2003, 10:58 AM   #64  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks you guys for the support about Cappie. I was eating this morning and Meanie(my 12 year old Himilayan,Maine Coon mix )came over to me and Cappie snapped at him right in front of me!! I know what I have to do but it doesnt make it any easier. If he killed one of the cats I wouldnt know what to do. It isnt fair to either of them to have to live with each other but it still breaks my heart. I will always wonder if he is in a good home,etc.

I am trying to find a good RV park in Florida. What a freaking nightmare that is. There are so many!! I found one that was geared toward kids and pets so I went to book my reservations(December 25-January 2) They were already booked solid for those dates. UUGHHH!!! We decided to leave on December 24 and we will get there in the evening of December 25. That will give us a few extra days in Florida without any of my donut accounts being able to ***** too bad. If they do they can kiss my *** anyways. I have been delivering donuts to them all 6 days a week for 6 years straight and I havent once taken time off for a vacation.

I am starting to get nervous about Wednesday because I am getting my hair chopped off. I wont back out...I hope. I am not sure I have a pretty enough face to be able to pull off short hair but I guess it grows back. I think that is why I have always kept it long. It helps to hide me. I have been tempted to hack half of it off in the mornings so I cant back out. haha

Jay is out getting the RV inspected. It took us all morning and several phone calls to find the fusebox so we could change a fuse. He was so mad. The kids have practically moved into it. The little freaks!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 10:59 AM   #65  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Chris, Happy Birthday to Chris!!! I hope he has a great one!!! Boy, I feel old!!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:27 PM   #66  

Where is everyone? After this afternoon I won't be able to check back until Tuesday bc I am taking Monday off from work. I had a slim fast meal on the go bar for breakfeast, and a coffee with skim milk, and for lunch I am having a bowl of Smart Start cereal.

Did any of you use soy to aid in your weight loss efforts? I have been reading that there are alot of benefits to soy, which includes speeding up weight loss.

Holly
Old 08-08-2003, 12:38 PM   #67  

Three things that I have heard aid in weightloss:
Calcium, Fiber and Soy. But there have been more studies on Calcium and Fiber.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:15 PM   #68  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angry TGIF and other things

Happy Friday ladies.

Welcome Dips! Glad to have you here. I've heard about the heatwave in Europe. Some parts of France are getting upwards of 104! That's outrageous. I also read somewhere that a european guy said that it's too hot even to drink beer . Stay cool and keep smiling and have a great weekend!

I've been dragging myself around for the past week with a sore throat and stuffy head. Not been feeling much like posting but I've been lurking. Today's Rick's birthday too--he's 33. Just in time for his b-day, his motorcycle came in from OK. THe freight company should be delivering it today. I haven't gotten him a present yet but i think i'm gonna get him a brain bucket~~a helmet? I sneakily lured him into the motorcycle store yesterday and had him try on a few, and asked him which one he would like...well, they had one which he really liked and I really think he needs one. So today after I get my son from school we're gonna go buy dad a helmet to keep his head safe. Not a very romantic gift, but it's practical. We're heading to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner--I've never tried it before, but I guess I'll have to go and check out their website to see what I can safely order. and yay, I finally got my big behind out walking yesterday. It felt really good to be out.

Angie, sorry to hear about Cappie, that's a tough decision you had to make. Your're getting me excited about your RV trip(s) : . And hey, don't chicken out of your hair cut! I bet you'll feel really liberated when you do it. I went in for "just a trim" yesterday but came out 3" shorter! My stylist layered it up all around (again) so it looks sort of choppy and flips out all around--it's really different from my long, straight locks and actually gives me some volume so I like it. And besides, it's just hair, it grows back and we all end up looking like we used to before .

Chris, sending birthday wishes to your hubby as well. I love ice cream cake too...I love any kind of cake, pretty much . Hope you can get to Hershey park like you want too, sounds like a great time. Oh yes and have fun at your family reunion--i'm sure you'll knock people's socks off when they see you.

Hi Holly...how's it going today? Is your computer on the blink at home (I think I read that post earlier). Hey, good job at the grocery store--if no one's with me, that's when I tend to make the worse choices (no eyes to watch what I'm buying ).

Tonya, sorry to hear of your little one's accident. I would be furious at the teacher too if they used a reward as an incentive to "hold it" . THat doesn't sound very healthy.

Emily, hang in there! We all have those days where we want to say why bother--but we just need to work past it and get back on track. I admit I've had too many "off" days than "on" days, but the main thing is that we keep trying to push and prod one another into getting to our goals. We are all worth the sweat and extra effort! We will be healthy and slim. we can we can we can!

GEM, CG and Summer, how are your days going so far?

Kempy must be having a blast in FL...

Well, hope I didn't miss anyone with the hellos~~I've got to get some work done while the day is still young. have a great day everyone.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:39 PM   #69  

Hi everyone, sorry I have not been on this day! There is a serious Typhoon here, and I just broke my umbrella in half!!!

Taking my dog for a walk! 160 MPH winds! I was so scared, I could not breath walking back! All of sudden the winds picked up!

Hello to everyone and I will promise to write more later providing the electric stays on!

Gesh!

Well, At least I am dedicated and did not miss my daily walk ( if you can even call it that) the wind was my resistance training!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #70  
The ever shrinking woman!

Hi girls! well this weekend is my 7 year anniversary, hehe

so I am sure I will eat out, and I am just not going to worry about it, the scale is finally back to holding at 125 from not obsessing so much about it.. that seems to work for me better than being such a stickler!

My daughter is doing better, I called and talked to her teacher, all is well, I think mostly my daughter misunderstood about how many potty brakes she gets.

On a side note, I decided it's finallly time to reward myself for all the hard work I have put in this last year on losing weight. I haven't really rewarded myself yet.. even though I hit a few goals already in the last year. So I got my nails done today.. they look so good I really like them. I also decided that even though I think my stomach is hideous, I will be a little more daring with the way I dress anyways. So I got a really cute outfit to wear out sat. night for my anniversary. The shirt is a tight fitting one that has a tie under the bust line.. and slitted shoulders, it's black with some off-white and burguny designs on it.. it's really cute. the pants are those black pants that a lot of people wear now.. flared bottoms, no pockets, tighter fitting, and a little bit huggin on the hips. I love them , they look so good on other people, and I was surprised that they actually look pretty good on me too.

Plus I figure that in tighter fitting clothes, I will not eat as much at the restaurant so that my stomach doesn't get too full and hang out!

good method eh! ?

anyhow, it's daring for me to dress that way... but I think it will be good for me

have a good weekend ladies.. I will check back in monday most likely =)
Old 08-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #71  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Hey everyone! I haven't caught up with all of the entries yet. But I am writing this before I am done, because when I read Tonya's, I flipped out.

Tonya: As a teacher & a mother, I am appalled that a teacher would provide rewards to children for "holding it!" She is not only risking children wetting their pants, and therefore causing them embarrassment, but she is putting them at risk of getting a urinary tract infection!!!!!!! I would love to have the opportunity to speak to this woman. Yes, sometimes children use the bathroom as an excuse to get out of work...it can be disruptive. What I do is to take the whole class twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon. Most of the time they don't need to go in addition to those breaks. But if a child asks to go, I never say, "no, hold it." I think that is cruel and harsh.

If I were you, I would keep a spare set of clothes in your child's backpack just in case. I would also speak to the teacher...but that of course is your choice. GOOD LUCK! Summer
Old 08-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #72  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Tonya, it is good that you spoke to the teacher. I would still pay close attention to the situation. If your daughter continues to have accidents, I would investigate further.

Happy 7th anniversary!!!

GEM: Splenda gives me diarrhea. Does saccharin (sweet n low) affect metabolism the same way as sugar too?

Angie: I'm so sorry that you in such a difficult situation. It brings tears to my eyes. But you must do what is right for your family and other pets. Cappie will be placed in a more suitable home. You have to have faith in that. I'll say a prayer for Cappie.

Dips: Welcome! You have a fun personality!

Holly: I'm with you! I like food too much as well! Congrats on making it through the grocery store without buying sweets! I think your starting weight should be your highest weight.

Noelle: I missed you!!!!! I'm glad you are back!!!!!
I'm so glad your son is happy and he has a good teacher. My daughter begins kindergarten in a new school on August 29th. The poor girl is becoming so clingy. She is really panicking. Take care of yourself, and feel better. Are you taking echinacea? garlic? vitamin C? You should visit a health food store and see what they have to boost your immune system. Weren't you sick before Maui? It is summer. You're not supposed to get sick in the summer. Get some rest, and get better.

Svelte Chicky: What is a scrapbooking party? I would love to know.

To anyone I missed, hope you are all well. I've had a super busy week, and I had no time to visit. Sorry.

So far, I have lost 2 pounds. I am amazed I'm losing, because I have been on and off program all week. But, I guess I'm doing okay because I haven't binged. Tomorrow I have a baby shower. I am leaving before the cake, so hopefully I will do well.

Take care all!!!!! Summer
Old 08-09-2003, 02:51 PM   #73  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

It seems that there are a lot of hubby birthdays going on. Happy B-day to all!!

Summer- Congrats on the weight loss!! It's always grest to see, isn't it. The sucky part is that it only takes a minute to put it right back on

I didn't go to the gym today because one of my buddies wanted to go to the mall, so sunday which is usually my rest day will be my make-up day.

I ate well today, no junk!! So I should be doing okayfor this month so far. hopefully I'll have some really cool success stories for you by the end of August.

Well, that's all for now Italy is still oven hot and full of hungry mosquitos.

-Dips-
Old 08-09-2003, 07:37 PM   #74  

TonyaS:
Hi there! They are called (the pants) Wide Leg Cropped Pants or Wide Leg Capris! Or we call them "Wings"!

Well , ladies the Typhoon is over now...scary stuff! My diet is going well too despite the fact I went out to dinner last night!

Tai Crab was just "Yummy"!

I am going to make the Vanilla Bean Ricotta Dessert for my Mum today!

Dips'n'twists : Do you travel often. I do, but only between Asia, UK, sometimes the US!

Angie, Angie, Angie: I totally know what you are going through! We went out the other day to buy "Pig Leather" long gloves to handle my doggie "Malterse" yes that is right a small Alpha Male Matltese, that likes to bite and risist anything, especailly when we handle him!

ERR, I think our next step is a Shrink or Training!

Woof, sure glad the Typoon is over!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:35 AM   #75  

Talking Week 1 of Challenge Done

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I made my weigh in day for the month long challenge. I am doing the South Beach DIet and Love it! Phase I (2 weeks) is the hardest but after the first two days it is not so hard and cravings subside.

I lost 6lbs in the first week! I am at 147! According to SBD plan the first 2 weeks you can lose between 6-13 lbs! Then you slowly incorporate good carbs and return to the normal weightloss of a pound to 2 pounds a week. I am never hungry! I love it!

Dips I give you credit for eating well in Italy. I love the food there.
I hope you are dodging the heat and the mosquitos!

CG glad the typhoon is over! I cannot even imagine what that is like!

Summer saccharine is not that bad in regards to metabolism but there is different types avoid the ones that are asparteme based - Sweet and Low maybe but I am not sure - I don't have any packets to look at.

Tonya Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and that not obsessing was better than being worried.

Noelle I hope you are feeling better!: and that Rick had a nice birthday!

Angie enjoy the haircut! IF you don't love the cut at least love the experience of doing something so very different. A different look may give a different attitude! And sometimes a slight change is all wee need to get the motor going again.

Svelte I hope your husbands birthday was great and that the family reunion is a blast!

hello to Holly, Kempy, Peekaboo and anyone else I may have missed.

GEM/Summer
Closed Thread