Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #406  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
NO WAY am i weighing in, LOL. Had full on turkey dinner and pie, no point in weighing in
Wasn't too bad. Don't be scared.

I didn't have an alcohol since I was on call for work, so I think that helped.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #407  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

ugh! I'm up still by 3 pounds...yesterday's eating and drinks last night didn't help! I even rode 25 miles with DH and burned 1250 calories...but water weight is water weight! it doesn't care how many miles I rode! Got some work to do this coming week to get it back down, since I'm off to Vegas in a little over 2 weeks!

Going to have some Belvita biscuits this morning and head out - we're helping to decorate the church sanctuary for Christmas. Then braving Best Buy. Wish me luck!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #408  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Well, I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I did. I ate Turkey and had all the trimmings. I also did my Turkey trot and came 12th. I gave it the beans so my toe is a little sore today. Hopefully there will be a picture available in a day or two.

Here's the only pic of Thanksgiving. I think this was taken at the moment my brother sent me a text saying his car set on fire (he was OK).

Anyway, no change today at 173.4lbs.

For breakfast I had sardines, kippers and smoked oysters.

For lunch, I had lobster, smoked salmon, caviar and smoked oysters with feta cheese, stuffed vine leaves, chocolate covered figs and chocolate covered almonds with mixed greens, kimchi, hummus and salmon pate.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training and took a rest from running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1478.jpg (27.4 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by IanG; 11-28-2014 at 07:22 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #409  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Ian It looks like it was a nice get together.

Sydney I'm glad everything is going well for you and August.

CoolMom I'm so glad we eat out for holidays. It makes it much easier to get back on plan. I think it would be more difficult with having those wonderful leftovers around.

I ate breakfast later, so I didn't eat lunch. Hopefully this will also help prevent a second day gain.

Total Approx 1020 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Dinner (620 Calories)
Homemade beef soup/stew 500 calories
large Apple 120 calories

Exercise:
Tae Bo Amped Jump Start Cardio

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-28-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #410  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all,
Had second Thanksgivingtoday with my parents. I was only up one from yesterday, tomorrow will be a different story I'm sure.

Nice to read everyone's updates

Hoping to stay somewhat on plan tomorrow...wishing everyone well!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #411  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Diana, way to go with eating less on a holiday dinner. That is my goal for Christmas (and fitting into my dress).

Thanks coolmom. Mmm pea soup. It took me 33 years to try it and I was making it as vegan without ever having eaten it but I love it.

Ian, no change is pretty good for a day after a holiday dinner.

Sykgirlsfv, I am up 4 lbs since this morning. Maybe some of it is bloating, like me. Fingers crossed for you on that front!

Kelijpa, I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgivings, don't forget you are supposed to enjoy it, that's part of the holiday too. Back on track tomorrow, as you said

Coming in at 1025 cals today and didn't make my 500 cal exercise goal, but 450 is pretty close. Considering I would rather be in bed with a heating pad than doing anything, I'll take it. Need more water tonight so I hope that is all I will have, and maybe a dandelion root tea. That might actually help with bloating and it is surprisingly good.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #412  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Finishing the day at 1380 calories and I still want to pop a dark chocolate in my mouth. Gah!

I had a giant salad, turkey leg and slice of pumpkin pie for my lunch/dinner. I'm going to head out to do my weightlifting now even though I don't want to. lol
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #413  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

proud of myself. I didn't hit my 500 cal exercise, so I went back and did more! Put on my youtube videos (zumba toning) for 20 minutes and burned another 125 cals or so.

Cool mom, have a tea (I found several chocolate varieties) or have a square of good chocolate and really savour it. Unless that will just trigger you to want more. I'm learning to be okay with two squares of chocolate and that is exciting!

Last edited by AmethystJean; 11-28-2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typos
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:55 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey all!

I got lucky. No followup really... though I am going to ask for a repeat CT in about 6 months to make sure lymph nodes in the area are normal as there was some "borderline enlargement" but that could have been infectious as I had a high white cell count and fever.

Fun day today... made it up to one of the mountain towns for their Christmas parade with the SAR team. I got to ride in the response truck since the hubby drove the truck up... didn't have to fight the wind!

Sydney glad to hear little man is doing better!! That's awesome news. Glad to see you check in.

Hopefully back on track with movement and exercise starting with getting back to work on Sunday. I'm excited to go back to work! Longest stretch I've had off pretty much, well, ever...

Have a happy weekend, all!
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #415  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

I like the idea of frozen fruit blended into a smoothie. I need to buy a new blender, as some cute little imp may or may not have been pissing around in my kitchen cupboards where he may or may not have tossed my glass blender out of his way, smashing it all over the place. No names mentioned to protect the guilty. The cute, but definitely guilty.

It's cooled down to 24C here now, which is great, but it's meant to go back up to 30 or so after week end. Blah.

So far today I have had a breakfast pastry and green tea, then a bowl of some manner of homemade soup my neighbour brought round (may have been vegetable or perhaps minestrone) and about four icy poles. Eek. Lucky there's very little actual anything in them, only about 45 calories each.

You guys are all awesome...so motivated reading all of your posts.
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:01 AM   #416  
It's more UP than Down!

Ahh and I'm super jealous of that snow picture. I've never seen real snow before.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:58 AM   #417  

AmethystJean, Native Women's circle sounds great! Congrats on the weight loss. way to go! Great job with your calories and exercise on Friday.

Diana Glad you were able to eat less because you were at a resturaunt. I have no contol when I am eating out. Sorry DH has gout. ouch. Apple pie moonshine? How does that work? Is it made with apples?

Coolmom, Re: the calories on thanksgiving, you will make up for it. Two steps forward....
I hope you all have an awesome time playing in the snow on the mountain. Do you ski?
Great job with your calories on Friday. The turkey leg sounds SO good.

Ian, great picture. I bet you all had a great meal. I am glad your brother is okay, Must have been pretty upsetting, to say the least. Quite the amazing lunch you had on Friday

Kelijpa, that nice that you got to spend Thanksgiving with your parents. I hope it was nice. sometimes I guess spending holidays with family is not as warm and fuzzy as it sounds.

Eydawn. really glad that they are not worried about your health. Sounds like you had a great friday. So glad you doing so well physically.

Grace, I smashed a blender jar on the floor earlier this year. What a mess. ( But I am not profoundly cute like your culprit). I was able to buy a new jar for the blender. Sorry you have never seen snow before. And sorry that I have to endure it for at least 5 months out of the year. It gets pretty tiresome. Although it is pretty to be sure. How long does it stay 30c in the summer? Thats hot. I know Aus had a horribly hot summer last year. What is the average low in winter? 45 calories in an icy pole is not bad at all. That's a total of 180 for 4 of them. Glad your neighbor made you soup. I think you deserve lot of good nurturing.
When I weighed myself on Friday I had gained 2 1/2 lbs. Friday I had about 1240 calories. Would have been 840 if not for the cocoa. Mailed out some cheddar cheese powder to the person I call "my kid" who is in the US for a few weeks. I decided the taco chip powder that was already in the mail to her was not cheesy enough. So I had to go out and buy more cheese powder. Sit in my car and put it in a zip lock bag and a big mailing envelope to send to her. So she can add it to the corn chip powder. I have a perfection thing when it comes to recipes

I hope everyone has a good day. And as Marcel the shell says, "life's a party. Rock your body"

Last edited by flower123; 11-29-2014 at 12:59 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:38 AM   #418  
It's more UP than Down!

Flower, it stays anywhere from high20s to low40s for the entire summer (October through March roughly). Winter lows are about 10-15C. I think the lowest I've ever felt is +3C once in Canberra and I thought I was going to freeze to death. I had a chill in my bones that took days to clear. I was about 13 I think.

I might like to see snow in person just once (and I could just go to Tasmania or to the Snowy Mountains were I really so inclined) but I think I'd die of the cold.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #419  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Low Back Therapy from Gary Kraftsow's Viniyoga Therapy for the Low Back, Sacrum and Hips

Hello second day gain! You didn't actually have to stop by, did you? I was expecting your arrival, so it wasn't a surprise. But sometimes I prefer not to have your extra baggage just hanging around. I even kept things very low yesterday with the hopes that you would just pass me by. I think the next time I will put out a sign saying that you are not welcome! I'm not trying to be rude but you and your buddy (first day gain) hang around too long when you stop by. Maybe if you would take my feelings into consideration we could work this out. Stop by for a day or two, we can "enjoy" each others company and then you can leave. You are like one of those family members that no one likes. You are rude, crude, sociably unacceptable, and were never taught any manners. There I got that out of my system.

Calories for yesterday: 1020 +
Weigh In: 167.4
Up: .6

Have a wonderful day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #420  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Morning all!
Up 1 more, 165.7 this morning.
Yesterday was great. Today we're meeting my brother and his family on their way home from Connecticut, hopefully that goes well, it's 22F here Sydney 22C would be awesome

More later, I'd love to stay home today, just 'cause, will be able to do that tomorrow, so out in the cold I go!

Hope everyone has a great day

Diana

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-29-2014 at 09:15 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote