Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #391  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

(for the folks living in the states)

W 161.8
B eggs and three bacon
L salad with veg, olives, feta and shrimp
D thanksgiving dinner

Northern, hang in there (says the pot to the kettle :lol) ).

Sydney! Good to see you checking in. I hope your life is getting more manageable.

Finch, good job keeping the calories down! I need to get mine back down there.

Diana, thank you for the pep talk. I'm glad your bloat finally left, just in time for your turkey day dinner. Enjoy your meal! I heard a trick of enjoying a free meal but instead of having both bread and dessert, I should choose one or the other. I plan to use that tonight.

Ian, have a great day running and lunch with friends.

Novangel, happy wedding day!!!!

Everyone else, have a great day!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 11-27-2014 at 01:39 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #392  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Diana I think I'll start that sweater for Hunter, I feel the need to do something different than I am now.

Your words to Northern were great. DH and I are always talking about how hard it is to lose weight, Northern it's the hardest thing in the world, I think, but so worth the effort.

Sydney keep coming back when you can, however often that is

Finch that's a nice quote.

coolmom

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-27-2014 at 02:02 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #393  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

weight is slowly going down water-wise...not worried about it, burned over 1000 calories last night riding. We are going soon to have turkey and everything with our pastor and his wife, plus about 40 people from our church. it's going to be fun and delicious

its already almost 80 degrees and sunny here, with a high of 88 today! beautiful!! we plan on riding our bikes later this afternoon, after we've eaten.

Hope everyone has a BLESSED DAY!!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #394  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Hi everyone! Happy thanksgiving to those in the states.

Hi Grace, nive to meet you.

Hang in there NorthernChick. I seriously feel your pain. I can't even fit into pants I bought in the spring. Ugh. Let's do this. One day at a time. One meal at a time.

I'm at 135 this morning and I hope that's actually a good sign that it will be going down when the bloat is gone and I'm not actually this heavy. I stayed in bed until the afternoon playing the avoidance game. I really need to stop that and just get my work done and get on with my life. Only two and a half weeks of this hellish class left. At least that means I didn't eat until nearly 3 so many be that means I will eat less. Actually thinking about doing intermittant fasting and only eating in that window anyway. Haven't decided yet though. I will be back to finish my check in, but I wanted to get one in to kind of get me going and set the mindset for the day

Last edited by AmethystJean; 11-27-2014 at 02:57 PM.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #395  

Hi everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to the people in the USA.
Happy wedding day to Novangel ! Thinking of you today.
Grace, good to see you. How is beautiful August doing?
Sending very best to all. Will write more when I am able to

Last edited by flower123; 11-27-2014 at 03:46 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #396  
No excuses

Happy wedding day Novangel!
Hi flower!

Hoping to not eat any more today. It's a nice low number and I want to stay there. Walked and carried the groceries home on my back for a total of 7 km round trip. Plan for the night: head down and get the school work done. Get in my water, detox tea and maybe another tea if necessary, gum if necessary. No more food!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #397  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Novangle Wishing you the very best today.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #398  

Belly is stuffed! I did not have any of my mac n cheese or the rolls but in the big picture it didn't really matter. haha! Stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cheese cake and pumpkin pie.

Are we all weighing in tomorrow?
Old 11-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #399  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
Belly is stuffed! I did not have any of my mac n cheese or the rolls but in the big picture it didn't really matter. haha! Stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cheese cake and pumpkin pie.

Are we all weighing in tomorrow?
NO WAY am i weighing in, LOL. Had full on turkey dinner and pie, no point in weighing in
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #400  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

August is doing wonderfully, thanks for asking. He is still on maintenance chemo and his numbers are all good, thank heavens. He's seeming like he's on the mend a bit, getting back to his mischievous old self. I've really missed his cheeky self! It's nice to have that back He plays again, and the other day he was watching a show on the telly and he was dancing. It made my heart smile.

I was thinking about going back to work, but there's only a little over two weeks until school lets out for summer holidays, so I'll just wait and go back in February when school starts up again. August is going to be entering reception in February, and I can't even believe it. He'll just be finishing up his maintenance chemo then, so hopefully he can start on time!

Other than that...hmmm...I've gained a proper tonne of weight and am now absolutely enormous. It's sickening, really. It's the fault the gummy lollies and icy poles I've been living on. In my defence, it's bloody hot and icy poles are all that sounds even remotely good. August has been living on icy poles and banana paddle pops, too. We're a healthy lot.

We have tentative plans to spend Christmas on the beach with a bunch of the family. It sounds divine, snags and shrimp on the barbie (could I be any more Australian right now??) and the nice cool waters of one of the northern beaches, but it all depends on how August is feeling. I worry about taking him out into the Australian sun in mid summer when 50% of Australians get skin cancer when he is already fighting one type of cancer. Last thing he needs is another. We'll see though.

Now will someone come knock these gummy lollies out of my fat paws???
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:11 AM   #401  

Hi all
I have been depleted lately because I am doing a 21 day intensive healing thing. Its done by this spiritual teacher guy. More than 7 thousand people from around the world are doing it together. Its pretty intense. So somewhere in the first week my energy level became low/depleted. That's why I have been horrible at writing personal responses to people. Right now I do have my mojo back so here is my long post

I hope all the people who live in the US had a good thanksgiving.
Thanks Syckgirlsfv, Kelijpa and coolmom for the scale info. I think I am going to get something from Bed Bath and beyond. Because I can return it even after a year if it stops working properly. After today's food intake, I do not want to get near a scale. The ugly truth hurts, lol.

Northern, I am SO sorry you are having such a hard time with the weight loss. Its so hard and painful. AND I think it feels downright unfair. I really like what Diana said. My thoughts are: 1) have you tried eating asparagus for the water weight? It works well for me. 2) The weight loss program that worked like a charm for me was low carb combined with low fat/calories. I ate a lot of chicken and low carb/calorie vegetables. After a while the cravings became less. But they still were there of course. I know the way I did it is not right for everyone. But it was perfect for me. I hope you can go easy on yourself.

Diana, I am glad the weight from the Anniversary dinner is gone. Sorry it took so long to leave. I wish I knew why fat is so eager to move in. But reluctant to leave. I too avoid Black friday shopping. I dont want to risk life and limb for a great buy. And its so cold out. I hope your thanksgiving dinner was great

Syckgirlsfv, great that the water weight has come off. Amazing that you are going to burn off 1,000 calories biking. you rock !

AmythistJean, you say "one day at a time". Thats great way of doing it. This weight thing is so hard. And for me it was SO painful. And in maintenence the threat of gain without losing it is very frighting.

Coolmom, sometimes we just have to eat an enjoyable meal. othewise the resentment and pain, as I see it, would build up. Two steps forward, one step back. Its a valid way to do weight loss. And you did take steps to not eat mac and cheese and rolls. That was great.

Grace, after all you and August have been though, I would not knock lollies or anything out of your hands! Even when you are not dieting, you still belong to this thread community. Of course posting is not required. But always glad when you do. I am so relieved to hear that August continues to do well in his maintence. So glad, indeed. We had 8 inches of snow here. And it is not even yet winter. And you write about spending Christmas on the beach. Maybe you can ask August's oncologist about him spending christmas on the beach. See if the oncologist has any sunscreen recommendations. I know that in Austrailia there used to be a big old hole in the ozone. I do not know if that still exists. I remember Dr Helen Caldicott talking about it many years ago. She comes from Aus. I do not know where she currently is living. As for the weight, when the time is right, you will find your way back to dieting. But this past year has been so harrowing for you with August's illnesss and the divorce. That would cause anyone's food issues to be right up front.
I hope everyone had a good day. Today I ate so many calories I do not know how to count them. But it included a lot of cheese, beans and 12 caramels. I was, what I call a sociopathic eater today. There was a conscience. But I did not pay attention to it at all. So for the next many days I will be paying for Thursday's indulgence. TBH, if I could just cut out the hot chocolate, it would make things so much easier. But I just cannot seem to even lower the consumption. Its one food that I just cannot seem to have less of.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. I am going to try to post pictures. Okay, I learned how. But the picture is so big, I decided to post only one. The lights in a line coming down from the wreath are a reflection. They are not really there.

Last edited by flower123; 11-28-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:26 AM   #402  

Last edited by flower123; 11-28-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #403  
No excuses

Flower, nice to hear from you and gorgeous picture. The healing thing sounds neat and intense. I could use some healing. I feel like my life is so chaotic. I am planning on going to the Native women's circle next week if I can.

Grace, Christmas on the beach sounds lovely. I hope your son is ready to go off to school on time. As for it being hot and you only wanting the ice pops have you tried making an ice cream or sorbet by blending frozen fruit? I use bananas, but use whatever (or combo) you like

Down to 134 this morning so I lost the weight I gained back last week and it's still potentially high from bloating. Yay
Old 11-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #404  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Did you survive Thanksgiving?

Flower The Christmas lights and snow are beautiful! Thank you for posting!

Last night I added on: Twists and Relaxation from The Gift of Yoga

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 166.8
Up: 2.6 pounds

DH agreed that I ate less than I normally do at the holidays, so this is a good thing. I had bought some mini bottles of liquor on Wednesday. I wanted to try some stuff I haven't had before. Also, I have the little glasses to use but have never used them. Chambord, is awesome! It was fun to use the little crystal glasses. The alcohol did push me to eat a little extra last night, but I did enjoy in moderation. So with the fact that I had some extra last night, and the alcohol, I might have a second day gain. We'll see. I don't feel bad today, not sure why I felt so bad after the wine last week. Yesterday I had 2 or 3 Mimosa's with my meal, and last night I had 3 or 4 mini bottles of liquor. Last week I started drinking the wine on an empty stomach. Maybe that makes a difference. I was flat out drunk with the wine but not with the liquor. Like I said before, I probably need to stay away from all of it. DH had all of the wine and rich food last week and he had some drinks with me yesterday. Now he has a terrible bout of gout going on. Poor guy. He's out fishing right now. Hopefully he will be OK. One would say that he's probably not that bad off if he can go out fishing. That's not the case with my DH. The only way to keep him out of the water/woods is for him to be in the hospital. Crazy guy! I bought him some apple pie moonshine, but I don't see him trying it anytime soon with the gout flare up. Ian I've got a mason jar full of apple pie moonshine if you want to try it.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-28-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #405  

Good morning! I did weigh in and roughly entered all my foods in from yesterday. Probably a 3000 cal day. Whew! Back on plan.

W 163
B egg on toast
L something while I work. Fruit?
D salad and maybe pea soup.

Grace, gummies are my fav too, even though I am not much of a sweet tooth. I'm glad to read your update and sending you big hugs.

Flower, the lights and snow look so pretty! You are really in the holiday spirit now. My family is spending a night up on the mountain in a couple days so we can play in the snow and get our holiday mood on. I hope your new found energy decides to stay.

Diana, after my feast last night I was thinking about how there is a major benefit to your restaurant dinner. Your overall meal has a bit of a restraint built in. You can't go back for more. Although, I probably would have ordered a drink and scarfed on bread so there is that. Ha!

Amethyst, that's great your weight is going in the right direction. Yay!