Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #376  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

W-163.6
B- oatmeal, almond milk
L- soup, Neapolitan bean
D-?
E-shovel snow...

Coolmom I know from where or whence you speak, whatever that saying is, I wanted to stop posting my weight, but made myself do it, I know what happens when I quit posting, keep doing what your doing, maybe look back at where you were last month or a couple months ago. I often do that, get a fresh perspective on how far you've come., you're still down 60+ pounds, that's fantastic!

Flower I have a WW scale, it's digital, before this one I had a conair WW digital scale, it worked great for years, I think you can get one for around $20. Good luck on your scale quest. Have you seen that commercial where they use a measuring tape that doesn't have numbers, instead it has words like strong, amazing, etc...you might measure young at heart

Novangel sounds wonderful!!

Minniemouse if you steer towards less processed foods you will naturally go lower, better carb. Try some small changes maybe, tracking everything you eat is a good start so you have a baseline to experiment with. I find measuring out what the label says is a portion is an eye opener most of the time. Also, I don't tell myself I can't eat something ever again, I can always have it another days, just not today. That helps banish any feelings of denying myself. Best of luck to you.

Syckgrlsfv that dinner sounds amazing, I wish I lived closer, especially since it's snowing like mad today, we've gotten about 3 inches since 10 am.

Diana sorry to hear broccoli and brussel sprouts mess with your thyroid, I do love mushrooms and a baked potato, sounds like you did ok with what you had to work with.

well, I've got a couple things today, going to bribe the turkey, then shovel some snow, then maybe bake a pie, I doubt my parents will come with the weather situation, but I'm making everything anyway, hope everyone who's celebrating has a great thanksgiving and everyone else has a great day!

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-26-2014 at 01:10 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! Happy Thanksgiving in advance.

I'm recovering well from the appy... turns out it wasn't acute appendicitis, but a carcinoid tumor in the appendix! I'm very thankful that I had enough symptoms to catch it before it could metastasize. Gives new meaning to the word "thankful" for me this year.

Back to work on Sunday. Gotta go get some cooking done, we're going to the MIL's house and I'm bringing roasted brussels sprouts and rolls.

Lots of love to everyone, good luck with races and Turkey day and hang in there!
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #378  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Well I was supposed to go to yoga, but I am suddenly feeling very weak. So that might not happen. That's disappointing because even with yoga it puts me far below my 500 cal exercise goal. And I had cake stupid cake. Not even good cake. Ugh. Making dinner. Looking like around 1283 cals. Which I would be fine with if I got my exercise in. It's still within 1.5 lbs per week loss range but I just don't trust it.

Day 1 again tomorrow.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #379  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down another 1lb to 173.4lbs. Nice.

Breakfast was anchovies, smoked oysters and oats.

Lunch was salmon, a crab cake, cockles, smoked oysters and squid.

For exercise, I ran 5k on the treadmill (couldn't resist) and did 50 minutes weight training.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone for tomorrow. I am feeling nervous. I have my Turkey trot in the morning and a lunch at a friend's. Both of which are making me feel "nice" scared.

Great to hear from you novangel. Have a fantastic wedding!

Minnie, I absolutely load up on lean protein which for me means fish (I have six portions a day). A lot of people do not like fish/seafood however. So you can eat things like eggs and chicken instead. Protein helps to make you feel full.

Last edited by IanG; 11-26-2014 at 07:19 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #380  

Eydawn, I am so glad to hear that the tumor was discovered and removed before any harm could be done. That is honestly the best news I have heard all day.

Will write more later. Weight is not coming off as it once did. Yesterday I had 1150 calories. Very low carb. But the scale barely budged. Today I had more than I should have. I ate eggs with many croutons for breakfast.

I put up my christmas lights yesterday. I could not resist turning them on tonight to see what they looked like with the freshly fallen snow. amazing. Can I post the pictures here? Is that okay to do? And if so, how can I do it?

New tv arrived today. Gotta figure out a way to get speakers for it. My speaker system does not work with it. Because the remote will not work with it to adjust the sound. Does anyone know about this stuff? Anyway, I have never had a HDTV before. I feel better now that people on tv have lines etc under their eyes.

I would have ideally liked to eat something good on Thanksgiving. But considering I am not rebounding from cheat days like before, I think I will be eating chicken sausage and salad. I must remember to be thankful that I have food to eat.

Will write to folks later on. Just trying to decompress from the day. Sending best wishes for Thanksgiving to those who willl not be here tomorrow to read ( when I say it again).

Last edited by flower123; 11-26-2014 at 06:56 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #381  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Finishing at 1447 cals. Salad for lunch and split pea soup with a slice of bread for dinner. I did get my weightlifting in and grocery shopping.

Eydawn, that is so scary! I'm glad you went with the surgery.

Flower, I would love to see your holiday lights pic. All I know about posting pics is you have to have it hosted somewhere first. Unless the attach files button below can pull it off your computer directly. I've never tried that way.

Kelijpa, thanks for commiserating. Have a cozy snowy Thanksgiving.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #382  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

EyDawn so glad to hear they found the tumor before it caused any more damage, that's wonderful.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #383  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Syckgirlsfv Great job getting rid of the water weight.

Novangel Good to see you check-in! Sounds like you are having an amazing time! I hope tomorrow is a wonderful day!

Faiora Hi

CoolMom I'm sorry about the scale drama. Hang in there. I have had my share of the drama for the last couple of years. It's no fun. But I think things would have been worse if I hadn't kept up with the posting. I always think I bore people with the same old foods all the time, the same old drama with TTOM and the angioedema. But, the posting seems to help and keeps me focused. All I can say, is hang in there and keep working.

Kelijpa Any thoughts on the sweater for Hunter? I love the idea. If you decide to make one, please post a picture with the sweater on Hunter. I would love to see it.

Eydawn Wow! I'm so glad you were able to have the surgery to remove the appendix. Are you going to need any other treatments at all? I hope all is clear for you.

AmethystJean I hope tomorrow is a better day. Hopefully you feel better and can get your workout in, too.

Ian
I hope your toe holds up for the Turkey Trot. Have fun at your friend's.

Flower
I hope you can get the TV figured out. I'm not good with technology stuff. I only know how to post links to pictures, not actual pictures.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #384  
Trying to live below 200

I had a lighter lunch because I knew dinner would be a little different.

Total Approx 1400 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (200 Calories)
apple 100 calories
Greek yogurt 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Cheese/olive tapenade/ toast pieces 300 calories (unsure on this)
grilled salmon salad w/ranch on the side 500 calories

Exercise:
Tae Bo Amped Live in LA
Old 11-27-2014, 02:04 AM   #385  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

Hello all,

Me again...worst forum user possibly ever. Hope you've all been well. Will try to be better about checking in.
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:47 AM   #386  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

Hi guys! I found this quote really motivating, so thought I'd share: "To get anywhere in life you must have a clear vision of where/what/who you want to be, and make daily decisions and actions in line with that vision. Without that you are just cruising through life and before you know it days, months, years will pass you by".

And for today:

1175 calories
No formal exercise: rainy day!
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #387  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Anyone doing Black Friday shopping? I avoid all of the drama like the plague. I did some shopping recently and got some good deals with coupons, etc. I don't shop often, so when I do, I must need something for an event or things are worn out.

Sydney It's good to see you. How is August doing?

Finch That you for sharing that quote.

Last night I added on: Lower Back Tension from Yoga for Stress Relief

Well it took a week to get off the gain from our anniversary dinner. Crazy!

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh In: 164.2
Down: 1.8 pounds

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-27-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #388  

Height: 5"6

Hey everyone!

I'm struggling hard core and wanted to touch base. I am just so mad and frustrated at the bloat. Still 161 today and I as 154 last Sunday. I've been at 160 since then. It's not even TOM related. It's just stupid-related.

I keep looking at my march break pics from last year at 146 and getting so mad at myself. I don't want to be some emotional about this. Logically, I know I can do it, because I've done it before. It's just agonizingly frustrating when you ARE trying but other things, like bloat, constantly deter you. I was well within reach of 149.9 by Christmas but WTF has happened?

I hope my frustration doesn't negatively impact anybody's day. Good luck today, all!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #389  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm struggling hard core and wanted to touch base. I am just so mad and frustrated at the bloat. Still 161 today and I as 154 last Sunday. I've been at 160 since then. It's not even TOM related. It's just stupid-related.

I keep looking at my march break pics from last year at 146 and getting so mad at myself. I don't want to be some emotional about this. Logically, I know I can do it, because I've done it before. It's just agonizingly frustrating when you ARE trying but other things, like bloat, constantly deter you. I was well within reach of 149.9 by Christmas but WTF has happened?

I hope my frustration doesn't negatively impact anybody's day. Good luck today, all!
NorthernChick First off, . Weight loss is so freakin' hard! Food is everywhere. It's like it's a legal drug (or that's the way I see it). It's legal and acceptable but the end result with the food is not acceptable by society or our personal expectations of ourselves. Not sure if I said that correct. All I can say is hang in there and keep trying. It totally sucks and you are not alone in this battle. And, it is a battle. Every day is a new and different challenge. I really think weight loss is more mental than anything else. Maybe you can find a weight loss book that you will find helpful. I have started several but never finish them. I don't finish them because I know and completely understand what they are saying. aka I know everything. Just keep working what YOU KNOW WORKS FOR YOU. You know this. You have done this. You can do it again. There again, if you are not THERE maybe work on maintaining. No worries about posting about your frustration. We have all done this. A lot of time people IRL just don't understand what we are going through. I have posted my share of rants, believe me. Again, hang in there and keep trying. I hope today is a good one for you.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #390  

Height: 5"6

Thank you, Diana.

I'm still upset but I am reading your words carefully. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for taking the time to help
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote