Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #1  

Default Did detoxing help you??

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has found detoxing or cleansing has helped them get on track with their weight loss goals?
I have been making a pretty good effort to lose the last 15 pounds for 6 months, with going to the gym 4 days per week and watching my calories, drinking lots of water and really making an effort to do the best I can. Unfortunately, after all this time I haven't lost anything (I go by measurements). In fact, I am actually slightly bigger.

I have read a cleanse or detox will kick start weight loss. I am just wondering if anyone has found they have been in a similar situation and maybe their body wasn't burning fat efficiently and needed a good clean out? Its just a thought for now! I would appreciate any suggestions!
hannah_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Cleanses or detox is general coded words for 'extremely low calories for a period of time' so sure if you cut your calories drastically, then you will lose some weight. Also, depending on if you are looking at professional products, they often contain diuretics or laxatives so that you lose water weight as well emptying your bowels constantly. These methods aren't recommended for sustainable weight loss.

If you think you are gaining fat, then the answer would be to look at your current diet. Are you counting calories fairly? How many calories are you eating? What is your current weight? Are you switching up the type of exercise you are doing?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Suggestions? Don't worry about a cleanse or detox.

You've got a small amount you want to lose so you need to really dial in the details. "Watching your calories" doesn't mean much from a practical standpoint.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #4  

Google "detox myth." Read. Then do as John says and "dial in the details" of your current habits.
KarenMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/135

Height: 5'2

Well I don't have any studies, just experience, but when I've needed a jump start on losing weight, drinking bolthouse juice has really worked for me. I've never done this for over 3 days though.
TheHotMom is offline   Reply With Quote