Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 10:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down 300+ and Ready to try Again #384

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 CST.

Welcome!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Talking WI results!!

I can't believe it. For so many days of being off program last week I still lost 5lbs. this week. Must be all the exercise and water towards the end of the week. I'm still staying OP and doing very well. I did my WATP already today, and my day is off to a wonderful start. Except I'm having some allergy issues. Oh well!!

I'm just not into doing personal replies right now I guess. I'm limiting my computer time so I'm trying to get it all done before my time is up. Love to all of you. Hope you are having a great OP day.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:51 AM   #3  

way to go Amanda !!!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 11:39 AM   #4  
BELIEVE!

GOOD JOB AMANDA!!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 12:12 PM   #5  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy What day is it?

Hi Friends
I don't want to burden you all with my problems, but I just need someone to talk to.
This past week and weekend somethings happened within the youth group that my duaghter and my niece is a part of. The lead advisor for them has always held such control over these young people and just this one time when they took the inititive to accomplish something, this person said to them "you disrespected me" "you betrayed me", Oh just hearing that makes me so upset, these are children, young people, they had look up to this for support and then to just wipe out all that they had done. There is more to this but I want to tell you my part in the after math of this issue.
I wrote a letter to this person and told her, I feel she was a dictator and a manipultor and that it was unhealthy for these young people to subjected to this. This person profession is to work with children, and in this group she had been there for the past 6 years.
This is why it just breaks my heart
I got so much more to say about this, I need to relive my stress. So if anyone wants to talk then please PM or e-mail me, I definitly need help and support.
Thanks friends for listening.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:47 PM   #6  

SEE, why I don't post much - (2Cute) I get blamed for all the hot, hunky, things that get said here!!!

Okay so there may have been SOME things I have said it the past to lead you to believe that!!!!!

However, what could be better than a hot, sexy man AND chocolate?????????

Hmmmmmm?????????????? I just ran with the ball, so to speak.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:47 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Quote:
However, what could be better than a hot, sexy man AND chocolate?????????
I'll second that!
Old 08-05-2003, 01:54 PM   #8  

to Joe Anne and Homebound--you are in our prayers. I offer my condolences for the trials you are currently going through right now. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

Hmmm...a sexy man and chocolate? Oh DO NOT get me started on that today!

Speaking of men (I should say man-child), would you believe I got an email from Brian? Some people just don't get it. Geez.

I ordered a nice big veggie hoagie for dinner last night....yummy. It was not only tasty, I was also able to get my veggies in there as well I also got some oranges, cantelope, and some strawberries at Wal-Mart (yes, we have a Super Wally World 15 minutes from me) yesterday as well.

Today is quite cooler, so a faster walk is in the works for later today; I should be back and running by the end of the week, since my foot is feeling pretty good.

STEELER EXHIBITION SEASON STARTS SATURDAY!!! WOOOHOO!! (don't mind me, I love my football )
Old 08-05-2003, 05:46 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Arrow Tuesday Tip...

I wanted to share something that I read in Something More...Excavating Your Authentic Self. This book was written by Sarah Ban Breathnach, the author of Simple Abundance... one of my favorite books.

In his book CrisisPoints: Working Through Personal Problems, the English writer Julian Sleigh explores the idea of looking at the demons in our lives who make us "shrink in fear and revulsion" as bearers of gifts hidden under their wings. "If we challenge them and make them yield up their gifts," he says, "they will be satisfied and will fly away, leaving us to benefit from what they brought."

Regardless of how we choose to look at our fears--whether we have caused our own problems or are simply caught in the the snares of others', whether we are blindsided by a sudden crisis or have been running from one for a long time--Sleigh reminds us that we only have three choices:

1. Ignore it and it will go away. It won't.
2. Try and live with it. Not forever.
3. Look for the gift within our fear and benefit from it. When we do, we emerge on the other side of life, surprised by joy.

"Be joyful," the poet Wendall Berry encourages us, "Because it is humanly possible."

I don't know...that really touched me...having been afraid of something or other for most of my life, I'm slowly learning to face my fears head on, and I'm managing to survive...and be happy.

Just wanted to share...

I'll be back!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-06-2003 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:14 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

I did a long post today and I lost it.
I'll be back later
Old 08-05-2003, 09:32 PM   #11  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gals!
It sure is quiet around here tonight. I hope everyone is having a good evening. Nothing too exciting here. Hubby had to work late and just got home so I have been exercising and doing a few things around the house. I'm watching Cupid right now.

Lori -- Another big football fan here! However, being on the opposite end of PA as you it's GO EAGLES!!!! and can't forget --- GO BUCKEYES!!!! Hubby went to Ohio State. I can't believe football is starting again!

Kat - I really enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing.

Mary - Sorry to hear the posting elves stole your post.

Well, I am going to hang out with Hubby for a while before we crawl into bed.

Have a good night!
Barb
Old 08-06-2003, 12:02 AM   #12  

Hi All!

No news from the Doc today. Called twice but no call back yet. Hopefully that means that it's not the serious....I'm choosing to think of it that way until tomorrow! Step aside Pollyanna there's a new sheriff in Delusionville! Gee, can you tell I hate waiting.

Joanne sorry to hear that there's trouble with the youth group. I hope the children weren't too affected. Key word being "hope".

Amanda: Great job on the loss!

Me? Trying to stick to the plan...working on sticking to meals and drinking water. Still haven't broken myself of the soda habit but I made a deal with myself....I can have other beverages once I drink all my water. That's about 4-5 liters of water....after that soda is the last thing on my mind!

Hope everyone is staying cool

Deb
Old 08-06-2003, 01:04 AM   #13  

Amanda - on your weight loss.

Joeanne and Homebound - sending good vibes your way; hope things work out for you.

Lori and Barb - down here it's GO VOLS!!!!; Univ of Tenn football is really big here.

Back to work. Hope all of you other chickies have had a good evening.

Sweet dreams everyone.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:39 AM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Rise and Shine!

Good morning all! I hope everyone woke up on the right side of the bed today. All is well here, just settling into work. It's going to be a busy day....I have a pile of work here begging to be done, a dentist appt. at 11:00am and a lunch meeting at 1:30. I am still hoping to get to the fabric store and start on my curtains --- maybe tonight. Also have to squeeze in the exercise --- didn't get my butt out of bed early enough today to work out.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Catch ya later!
Barb
Old 08-06-2003, 09:06 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

I'm not weighing in just yet... I just got in from work a little while ago, need to get a few hours of sleep under my belt so I can have a "morning" weigh in...you know what I mean.

Not holding out for big numbers down, since TOM arrived, unceremoniously, yesterday morning. Geez, the older I get, the worse the cramps are! As of yesterday, my weight was the same...which was great cuz the day before I was up 2 lbs!! Had no clue about my "visitor" so I was quite puzzled, as you can imagine. Food has been great lately...exercise every day for almost a week! Feels good.

Football fans...I am in the heart of Giants territory, and come from a family of die hards...but dh is a big time Eagles fan...(he loves to be contrary!)...we were just talking about getting tickets for a game, when he decided that since we (make that HE) now has the "NFL Sunday Ticket" on DSL, there's no need to go to any games when he can watch them ALL on his cozy little couch with his favorite toy, the remote control! (insert evil laugh here) I love going to football games if the conditions are right...like a crisp Fall day! We are going to take a boat ride up the Hudson Biver to West Point to see the Army vs Princeton game in October...

Okay...I must get sleep now...I will get a good long reply post in soon, I swear...

Closed Thread