Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Red face Frustrated

Forgive me but I need to vent.

I'm having one of those blah days where I just feel so tired of this.

Every time I have PMS I get chronic fatigue that throws me off track a few days. I struggle getting back to a regular exercise routine, then once I'm back on a winning streak this PMS crap starts again. Combine PMS with an off-track holiday weekend and I feel awful. Losing weight is so simple (count calories and exercise = simple!) yet feels impossible when you're losing the motivation/control. It's so easy to fall back into old habits and then look at yourself in the mirror, a sodium-bloated mess, and want to scream. I worked my @ss off and I'm letting myself slip. I look at my best friend that used to be fluffy and got herself beautifully toned and eats so clean.. and all I want to do is cram my face with a burrito.

My wedding is in 2 months. I looked really good up until a few months ago and I can only blame myself for getting too comfortable with food again.

I can see my muffin top starting to come back but I'm going to stop before it gets any worse.

I know what I need to do, I'm just venting. Thanks for reading.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #2  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Novangel, You have come so far don't give up now. You can do this! I don't know how it feels to be so far into my goals, but your doing so great. Just dig a little deeper and get your mojo back!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I SO feel your frustration! I've had these types of feelings so many times, and things are always particularly difficult with PMS. I really struggle with staying within my caloric range during those times. How do I handle that? I allow myself up to 500 additional calories during those type of days. I still make sure they're nutritious calories (I don't eat sugar or flour and I"m also eating low carb now).

Every morning, I have a general idea of what I"m going to eat. I commit to sticking to my plan, regardless of cravings. Sometimes, I have to leave the house or the room or just go online and try to find something, anything to keep me on track.

What surprises me is how quickly I start to feel better. Once I get myself on track, within a matter of a few weeks, I feel so much better. The point is, you can do it too. Just keep making good choices and don't think about your wedding...that's too much pressure. Just focus on making good choices and be kind to yourself.

We all have an inner voice and I think it's a lot easier to love yourself into a healthier life than to hate yourself (not saying that you do).

You can do this!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Since you get PMS every month it may be more beneficial to you to just go with it and not fight it so hard. You know it's coming, embrace it. Allow yourself to make time for the rest you need at that time, and eat the things that your body craves. Sometimes when we fight something it takes everything out of us.

You have a wedding coming up, that makes me think that the stress is getting to you. It's normal, stress does impact our body and it can lead to weight gain. I'm one of those people that every time I have an important event coming up that I desperately want to lose weight for I end up gaining weight. Every single time, and it's all because of the stress and expectations. I've had to learn that my weightloss is not time oriented, it's a process and my life will happen along the way.

You love running, focus on that. Don't put so much emphasis on your muffin top or anything that has to do with your body. Prepare yourself for the happiness you will experience on your wedding day, your body will be there for you, forgive it if it's not perfect!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote