3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Back from holiday....

Old Today, 02:54 PM   #1

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Default Back from holiday....

It's good to be back! Loved my 2 week holiday back home in the states, Boston to be exact. BUT I didn't behave with food. My fault. I did keep up the running in the c25k app while there, my good. I'd like to think that I would have more of a gain if I didn't. So, I put on 7 pounds!!! again I only have myself to blame. We came back sat am after a 8 hr red eye flight. And started back on my healthy lifestyle that day. Calorie counting resumed. And I have to say , I'm happy for that structure. I need it and I thrive on it. I did a run today, first day since back. Today is the first day I don't feel poorly with the jet lag so much. I completed my 3k runner badge (20 min run) with no walks. So I'm pretty happy with that. Will go back to my daily weigh ins. Some say you shouldn't, but it keeps me in line. I'm 6pounds over onderland and not changing my ticker. I will get past it and continue to lose. My friends and family couldn't believe the weight loss difference and that gave me a confidence boost that I needed. Can't wait to show them anther 45+ lb loss more in the future. I'm angry at myself for the lack of discipline but as I said I'm to blame. My big girl panties are on, manning up and doing this again.

One = 5 pounds lost!

Mini goal 1: 25 pounds lost : goal reached 12/06/14!
Mini goal 2: weigh under 200lbs (199lb) reached 10/08/14! 198.8 lbs
Mini goal 3: 180lb
Mini goal 4: 165lb
Goal: 150 lb
Mini goal 5: 140lb finally weigh less than hubby
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #2
Mountain Mamma

S/C/G: 165/140/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddahcat View Post
It's good to be back! Loved my 2 week holiday back home in the states, Boston to be exact. BUT I didn't behave with food. My fault. I did keep up the running in the c25k app while there, my good. I'd like to think that I would have more of a gain if I didn't. So, I put on 7 pounds!!! again I only have myself to blame. We came back sat am after a 8 hr red eye flight. And started back on my healthy lifestyle that day. Calorie counting resumed. And I have to say , I'm happy for that structure. I need it and I thrive on it. I did a run today, first day since back. Today is the first day I don't feel poorly with the jet lag so much. I completed my 3k runner badge (20 min run) with no walks. So I'm pretty happy with that. Will go back to my daily weigh ins. Some say you shouldn't, but it keeps me in line. I'm 6pounds over onderland and not changing my ticker. I will get past it and continue to lose. My friends and family couldn't believe the weight loss difference and that gave me a confidence boost that I needed. Can't wait to show them anther 45+ lb loss more in the future. I'm angry at myself for the lack of discipline but as I said I'm to blame. My big girl panties are on, manning up and doing this again.
We've all been there, don't be so hard on yourself, especially since you kept up with the running even while on vacation!!! The important thing is that you're back on plan!
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #3
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I agree with Mountain Mamma, you're being so hard on yourself, but I do the same thing. You had a great vacation and you indulged but you still worked out and you're jumping right back into the routine that works for you, so that's all great stuff.

Keep in mind that much of that 7 lbs. is probably water weight. Whenever I travel, it takes me a few days to get rid of the water retention. Drink lots of water.

I don't have a problem with daily weigh ins, as long as I don't find them discouraging. I usually weigh daily but if I see it's causing me more harm than good, I'll end up taking a little break.

Keep up the great work! You're doing awesome.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.