Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 03:24 PM   #31  

Debbie,

We were posting at the same time - synergy!!!! congrats on the jogging/walking that is awesome!!! keep up the great work.

Catch you later..
Old 07-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #32  
It is what it is...

Talking GEEEZZZZ...

you guys have REALLY been posting while I was working....

Faye - Yeah your son is a hotty, I like em big and stout...always
have, to bad I am married, and he has a girlfriend, ha...

Missy - Hold back on the pretzels, I dont know how you could though, they are my favorite...also thanks for the encouraging words in your post ( and to Faye )...I will try not to binge eat, I havent done it in like 6 days so I am doing well, I think my will
power is finally coming back...

Pam - I too had frybroid cysts in my breasts, doctor said it was from all of the mountain dew I was drinking, had to have on big one removed at 22 years old...so I have not drank MD since, but used to love my Pepsi's - now I stick with water, with an occasional cherry coke from Steak n Shake..

Debbie, Tonya, Julie, Honeyrose, have a great one, keep up the good work, we can do it!!

Carri
Old 07-29-2003, 04:16 PM   #33  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

OK....good news. I had a choco covered pretzel. And you know what, it was good. And you know what else? It was 100 cal (big pretzel)...so I still have like 700 left for dinner. So hopefully I'll be fine!

Anyway hugs to my girls!

Faye, I don't know if you saw my earlier message...but I was wondering if you had the nutrition info for those meringue chocochip cookies you gave me the recipe for?
Old 07-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #34  
The ever shrinking woman!

that's ok Missy, I am making room for some Healthy Choice ice cream tonight or something.. if I can keep it at 300 cal for dinner, I can have some
Old 07-29-2003, 05:21 PM   #35  

Missy: I am really sorry, I did see that and got sidetracked! NO, I don't have the info of those cookies as they were posted here on another thread several months ago but you can figure it out yourself. There is 612 cal in the 3/4 cup of sugar then just see what the choco chips are and the pecans from the package. The egg white etc are negligible so just devide the total cal or the sugar, chips and pecans by the number of cookies it makes and it will tell you the cal of each then for fat it would be just the chips and the pecans and it will say on the package.

Don't have a lot of time, I am making cheese/garlic yeast bread to go with my dh's lasagna so I need to get back downstairs.

Faye
Old 07-29-2003, 05:22 PM   #36  

Hi girlies!
I'm taking the kids to the State Fair tomorrow for 4 hours....I'm already concerned that I'm gonna succumb to the cotton candy/french fries/funnel cake. Any ideas on portable/non-meltable healthies I can bring to help me??? There is like, Nothing, healthy at this place.

I'm thinking I'll freeze two water bottles tonight, so they'll be cool and refreshing by noon tomorrow. That'll take care of the soda. But boy, I'm a serious sugar junkie.....I know I could budget in the snacks, but I'm really afraid if I let myself have a little then I won't be able to stop. PLus, my mom is coming all the way from Virginia and I have a big crockpot dinner planned, so I don't have alot of room for extra calories. .......HELPPPP

Julie
Old 07-29-2003, 09:34 PM   #37  

Julie: Get you a box of those chocolate graham sticks. They are pretty good, a regular soft pretzel is not too bad either if you just use mustard and don't get like cream cheese or sauce for it. Heck if it is a matter of cheating, get you some of those lowfat twinkies or cupcakes or something. It is better than eating funnel cake which is fat filled dough and sugar too! You may go over points tomorrow, but I would concern myself more with the amount of fat you take in than calories. If you can keep the fatty stuff under control, then even with a few extra calories you will be ok.

HAVE A GREAT TIME! I HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE STATE FAIR SINCE I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. I USED TO LOVE GOING

faye
Old 07-29-2003, 10:38 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Good evening everyone

Did well tonight with dinner. I was pleasantly surprised that my zatarains chicken creole only has 130 cal /1gr fat per cup So for dinner I had approx 1 cup and a small side salad with greens and veggies only. Was most yummy and I feel very fulfilled!

Got all the H2O in and did my workout too

I hope everyone is staying with their program today, drinking away the lbs and keeping movin'!

Check in tomorrow morning.. this girlie needs her bed.
Night!!
Old 07-29-2003, 11:20 PM   #39  

Good night all,

To those of you who ck in tonight, a big

Amanda, I missed you all day! hope you and little one had a good day!

later girlies! all of you stay
Old 07-30-2003, 06:31 AM   #40  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. Feeling stress? Having problems? It is time to unload and let us help you.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I will check in later this AM

Faye
Old 07-30-2003, 07:09 AM   #41  

"WOW" you girls were chatty yesterday. I can barely keep up. I did go back and read though. But it is kind of late to comment on some of the stuff so sorry I will skip this time.

Wed. Woes: I don't get any points for yesterday? I mean I was not bad bad, but was not good, so I say a goose egg for me. Today is another day and it's Wed. Woes? Humm the only one I have a problem with now is keeping my a$$ on plan for a change for more than 2 days. I know, this too shall pass.

Hope you all have a marvelous day.

Sandy/aka/Peek
Old 07-30-2003, 07:39 AM   #42  

mmmm, chocolate graham sticks huh? I'll have to pick me up some before we get there. More of my strategy now includes peanuts (so I always have some protein handy) and raisins (just bec they don't melt and I have a ton at the house). I've got water frozen and ready to go. I also have some chocolate covered "energy bars", which let's be honest, are really just smaller candy bars.....but they are low fat and they taste good.

I figure if I just HAVE to have something there, I'll let myself have some cotton candy. It's my favorite, anyway, and at least it doesn't have any fat in with all the sugar.

I lucked out in one way, a good friend of mine is coming with her kids too......so I'll have another adult there, which I think will help me have some control.

Oh, I got all 4 points again yesterday. But only because I tricked myself into exercising I procrastinated all day, and then I even convinced myself that I needed to take a nap in the afternoon. I wasn't tired, but I tend to "escape sleep". So, when I got up, I just hopped on the treadmill while my brain was still groggy. Boy, was it pissed when it woke up and found my body being good!!

Sandy: don't worry about yesterday, it's over. Start over fresh today! Hey, are you going to the Lobster Festival this weekend? We haven't gone in years, but my mom is here....so maybe we'll be tourists for a day.

Phoenix? Where are you hon?

Honeyrose: on the healthy dinner, it sounded yummy.

Everyone else keep up the great work! One day at a time....one decision at a time!

Oh, how do you get your pictures small enough for an avatar? I can't seem to shrink a jpeg far enough to be accepted.

Julie
sw243/cw?/gw160
Old 07-30-2003, 07:58 AM   #43  

Julie: YOU GET A: for points yesterday! I don't know HOW you trick yourself but go for it!
As to the pics, I have a photo program called Photo Express that has a selection on my tool bar called Photo and inside it Resize and I do it that way. I do not know how to tell you with yours.

Peek: YOU GET A: for just coming and being with us. You are going to get motivated soon and then watch out!

I GET A: for points yesterday even eating some of my garlic cheese bread which was pretty spectacular since I just kind of made it up!

Today is clean the UPstairs day, woohoo! It is the easiest but ickiest because it has 2 bathrooms and the cat litter box and stuff. I am not too keen on being upstairs as something was in the attic yesterday and it gave me the willies. The cat sat on my cedar chest all morning and looked at the ceiling because you could hear it. It was probably a squirrel but I ain't takin NO chances. I told Jack I want him to see what was up there. The noise stopped so I hope whatever was in there got back out. It makes me sick at my stomach just to think about it. UGH! I am a big weeny when it comes to rodents seriously.

I better go for now. Have to get my book finished so I can take my 7 days back to the library tonight.

Faye TODAY WE SHALL...RENEW OUR STRENGTH, WE SHALL MOUNT UP WITH WINGS LIKE EAGLES, WE SHALL RUN AND NOT BE WEARY AND WE SHALL WALK AND NOT FAINT. ISAIAH 40:31 Nobody says it better than GOD!

Be strong today and remember we are all with each other.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:30 AM   #44  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Hello All!!!

Yesterday I was just AWOL. I didn't accomplish much and I didn't earn any points. However, today is a new day, and I'm starting it out on a good night's rest. I have my glass of water by my side and as soon as I finish here I'm going to WATP. I had a kind of big breakfast, and probably fat laden but I'll just eat light for lunch and dinner and hopefully it will all balance out. Breakfast has become a hard time for me because I make a huge breakfast for my hubby on the days he works. Usually I just make his and then after he leaves I make myself something else, today I wanted what he was having. I'm not going to beat myself up, just work to make it okay.

I'm already started on the housekeeping today, and I hope to accomplish a lot. Even pack some boxes maybe. In case I haven't mentioned it I am moving to a new place here in town on the 1st of September. School also starts at the end of August. I will probably only take two classes, but it is kind of bad timing to have to move at that time.

Today is Wednesday Woes, but I'm not going to acknowledge any worries I have by talking to them. I'm just going to put it in God's hands and know that His strength will carry me through and that I'm not faced with anything I can't handle.

I can't even begin to do replies-but a big Hello to all. Hope everyone is having a good OP day.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:51 AM   #45  
It is what it is...

Angry Morning all...

Good morning...Weds woes, okay... Well I though about it and I just dont have any, I have been pretty happy with things lately, as of the last few days I have been staying OP so I really cant complain about that...home is going well ( ususally does ) ..work
is "okay", not spectacular but "okay"...so I cant really think of anything...
Are any of you watching Big Brother 4? If you are I cannot believe how the game is turning...I think Dana has made some huge mistakes, she has such an attitude...talk to me if you have been watching this....

Faye, I am making lasagna tonight, I was laying in bed last night wondering how to make it lower in fat but I dont know
I was thinking using the leanest beef ( and what would that be ) and then using low fat ricotta ( but one time I used that and it
was runny, probably needed more egg to hold together ), how
do you make yours? That cheesy garlic bread sounded good but I bet it wasnt great on calories and fat huh??

Well that is all for now, will check back later...see ya

Still so tired this morning...

Carri
Closed Thread