Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2014, 12:08 AM   #256  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Calories ended at 1277.

Hubs and I did a section of bike trail we haven't done before and it was five miles of steady incline. I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:37 AM   #257  

Hi
I have not really been on the laptop today.
sarabithelioness, way to go with the weight loss !
Ian Great photo
Diana, ouch re the SI joint. I have had my skirmishes with that joint. I went to chiropractor and osetopath. How are you dealing with it?
CoolMom, glad you got to have lasagna and still tally low calories for the day
Hi MaryBB nice to meet you. Hope you are back on track today. If not, there is always tomorrow
Novangel, Hope the long work day didnt take all your energy.
syckgirlsfv, I am glad you had such a good meal at the skinny kitchen. Wish there was something like that here
Sydney, sending light and prayer for August and you. And a hug too if you would like
``````````````````````````````````````````````
Today I was pretty good. Had fish soup for lunch. Made a mistake and got pollack instead of cod. Because it was a dollar cheaper. I found out I do not like Pollack. So the fish stew was memorable for the wrong reasons.
Dinner was the same salad and chicken sausage.
Still having the hot chocolate althrough trying to reduce the anount of cocoa powder I use. Low acid coffee should be here on wed or thurs. Hopefully I can switch to that most of the time.
I also had the lemon frozen protein stuff. And, well, I went to the chocolate factory today. I got a dark chocolate caramel filled amall sample. Amazing. Had to use restraint to not buy a piece of peanutbutter filled dark chocolate. Reason prevailed. total calories 1060

Weight is not cooperating lately. I am hoping that when the coffee arrives I may have better luck. Gained another lb. Dont understand it. Because the caloric count is not high. I think there is some serious fluid reteition. No more popchips until that lb and another comes off. Planning to buy some asparagus tomorrow.
Hope your monday is full with what you need... and more.

Last edited by flower123; 09-22-2014 at 03:45 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #258  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1360 +
Weigh In: 169.2
No Change

Last night I added on:
Some sections from Hip Pain (SI Joint) from Yoga for Stress Relief
Neck and Shoulder section from Kathleen Anderson's Yoga In The Garden of Serenity

Have a great day and start to your week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-22-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #259  
Warrior Princess

Yesterday was a forced rest day. I was beat from work but then had to help my son with about 2 hours of homework. I was so done.

I've been eating breakfast about a week and I have to say I feel much better. Some days I skip lunch, sometimes I don't. Like I said it depends if I'm hungry or not.

Today I will run but I want to get grocery shopping out of the way first. Anyone else a Pinterest addict? I get a lot of recipes/ideas off of that site. I love it.

Have a great day, everyone.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #260  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

162lbs on the nose today. So I did not beat my lowest ever weight. Sigh. It looks like 162 is as low as I can go. Good to know, I suppose.

I had a big breakfast today. Scrambled egg, crab, shrimp, squid with seaweed rolls, chicken curry, 1 poached egg, 3 bread rolls, pineapple yoghurt and icecream. I skipped lunch but had dinner comprising sea bass, egg plant, mustard greens, squid and fish cakes.

Exercise was a 5 mile run this morning. I skipped weight training to have dinner.

Tomorrow we drive fron Yangon to Nai Pyi Taw so I will not be able to run and weight train. Since I skipped weight training today, I will weight train tomorrow before we drive, instead.

The only way for the scale now is to go up. That's just the way it goes.

I am homing in on a maintenance range between 162lbs and 172lbs.

I also have a definition of a low weight...where you bust your ar$e so much you just can't go below. I have now done that and survived...barely. 162 it was.

Last edited by IanG; 09-22-2014 at 10:46 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

*Waves* I'm still around... just was on hiatus with a trip to Moab with the hubby. Finally back on track... junk food puffed me up but I'm back down to pre-trip 193 (oh, Pringles, why are you my car snack nemesis?)

Woke up with a respiratory illness today and still battling the mental demons, but I'm alive and still plugging. Not too shabby, all told. Sticking to tea right now.

Ian- glad you're enjoying the trip. And you're cute in that pic- not muffiny at all. ;-)

BTW- don't ever make the mistake of thinking lifestyle and diet alone can keep the big C out of your life. My father in law died of pancreatic cancer at age 52 and he was training for an half iron-man triathlon and was healthier than any of us. Any warning signs should be investigated by your healthcare team. Just struck me odd reading that... and I've seen too many totally healthy folks get a nasty, nasty surprise working as an RN. (Had one last night, as a matter of fact. rough shift.)

I don't mean that to be Debbie Downer, more just wanting to make sure false reassurance isn't keeping people from pursuing proper diagnostics... denial is powerful enough on its own.

Sydney- Sorry to hear it, mama... hang in there. Do take care of yourself... little man needs you to be healthy. Sending lots of love and support your way. I like the oven mitts trick! Do you have a busy box (toys, stuff he likes, etc) to help keep little hands from messing with other things? Works well sometimes.

Novangel is it possible you need to up the calories? Healthy calories? It sounds like you're under-fueling maybe... just a thought...

Diana Owww on the SI joint. My chiro/PT has helped me with that before. I tend to dislocate ribs more than anything but the SI joint is by far one of the ouchiest things. Stupid major nerves run right there... and they hurt! When my hip flexors get tight it pulls my SI strangely... so hopefully the yoga helps.

Flower I don't notice a difference between pollack and cod! Huh. What was so different about it that you didn't like it? I need to make a fish stew soon, it's getting colder and I'm craving soups/stews. Maybe a spicy seafood tomato stew.

Been hitting my step goals at work. Left the Fitbit home during the Moab trip. Haven't tracked food- still getting back into the swing. Today is going to be a sofa day. I hate it when I can't breathe... messes me up! Probably won't go to clinicals tonight either as I'm working with breastfeeding support and I don't want to expose any of the littles.

Hope everyone has a good Monday and a good week.
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #262  

TGIM! Ha! Good morning everyone.

W 167
B egg on toast
L bean soup
D roasted veg and chick sausage

Flower, fingers are crossed the new coffee helps. Good job on maintaining control with the chocolate.

Eydawn, it sounds like you didn't do too bad on your trip. Eating well while traveling is tough!

Eta i did my weightllifting and bike commute. I've started doing lunges and wow my butt notices the change. Owie!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 09-22-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #263  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

quick one...busy busy!

B - belvita
L - catered by one of our new catering companies at the temple: quinoa salad, salad with artichokes, and chicken breast with chimchurri. I had 2 home baked chocolate chip cookies, too
D - leftover grilled meat, probably bison frank, and salad

need to do a 20 mile or more bike ride later!!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #264  

Diana, hope the yoga helps the SI joint issue. Yoga is so healthy and healing

CoolMom, thanks for the support. What you ate sounds great. Toast, eggs, beans, roasted vegs.

Eydawn Moab? Sounds great. I hope you had a good time. Have you ever checked out popchips? They are similar to pringles but lower in calories. They are often my addiction of choice. Although right now I am staying away from them. I dont have a family. So its easy to stay away from foods that are tempting ( well, easier, not easy at all). You asked about the difference between cod and pollack. They are very similar in texture. But the fish monger told me that pollack was stronger. I thought that might be good. I was wrong. I do not like the strong fishy taste. I find Cod to be sweeter and less strong. But still I can taste it more than sole and haddock which I call the tofu of the sea. Sole and Haddock are too tender for my stew or soup anyway.

Everyone, keep up the great work. You all inspire me. Thank you !

going to get some asparagus today. Hopefully that wll take care of the fluid retention. Will have chicken sausage and veg soup for lunch and chicken sausage with salad for dinner. cocoa and the lemon protein frozen thing. I feel bored even writing about it.

Last edited by flower123; 09-22-2014 at 05:00 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #265  
Warrior Princess

Oh yay, TOM just showed up a week early. -_-

I'm one irregular period away from giving this Paragard IUD an eviction notice. It was great for a few years but I'm about done. I need to call my GYN.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #266  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

CoolMom Do you have lower body DOMS today?

Flower I'm using that particular premix on that yoga DVD. It has been really helpful. I can tell a difference already. Hopefully I continue to improve. Does the popchips have a lot of sodium? I hope you like the new coffee.

Novangel Sorry about the early TTOM. Have you ever tried any of the BCP's?

Ian
How long before you return home?

Eydawn Hi and welcome back! Good job getting back down to your pre-trip weight. I'm hoping the yoga DVD continues to help me. This is the first time I have had a SI issue.

Syckgirlsfv Your salad at lunch sounds delish!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #267  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled pork chop (they were out of my salmon ) 600 calories
Veggies 100 calories

Exercise:
TJ 20 Minute Workout w/weighted gloves
KCM's Total Body Kickbox - Just Kicking Combos Mix w/weighted gloves and #3's - This is always a fun one. I need to try the longer premix to see what it's like
KCM's TLC Cardio Express Premix - I have never done this premix and wanted to see what it was like. There were moves in it that are not in the premix that I normally do.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #268  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Oh yay, TOM just showed up a week early. -_-

I'm one irregular period away from giving this Paragard IUD an eviction notice. It was great for a few years but I'm about done. I need to call my GYN.
Are you sure it's the IUD? I like the Paragard because of the no hormones.

Diana, I had to look up DOMS. Yep, I'm definitely feeling it today...in a good way.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 09-22-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #269  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Novangel Sorry about the early TTOM. Have you ever tried any of the BCP's?
Diana, last time I went to the GYN I saw an associate that refused to give me BC pills and was insisting I have a very expensive test for Endo first. I believe she was all about $$$. I know I don't have Endo. I don't have painful periods, unusually heavy, or bleeding mid-month. She also ran a $400 test on me for HPV without my consent and I fought the office to reduce the charges since I was self-pay. They agreed. I haven't called them since because I was so angry. I may contact my usual GYN that inserted the IUD, or go back to the office that delivered my son. My usual GYN pissed me off a few times too with the way he always lectured me like I was 16. Long story.

Not sure what to do...if anything. I can't take hormonal BC and BF doesn't want to commit to a VAS yet. Condoms are just no.

Last edited by novangel; 09-22-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #270  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
Are you sure it's the IUD? I like the Paragard because of the no hormones.
I'm positive.

I got it in 2009 and I loved it at first. It always messed up my periods a little but it was tolerable, the last 2 years have been ridiculous. I start moderate spotting a week prior which makes my TOM seem more like every 21 days. I can't stand it. I keep hoping things would straighten out like it used to be but no such luck.

So 4-5 days of spotting and then 5-7 days of actual TOM. Which leaves what? Only 2 straight weeks a month TOM-free? Too long!

I keep trying to stick it out because I paid a lot of money for it.

Last edited by novangel; 09-22-2014 at 08:19 PM.