Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #106  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Just read about the biggest loser losing 38 lbs in one week. Gees, that means I could be at goal in half a week. ***insert daydreaming*** now back to reality and my Christmas goal.

Overall I'm happy,. After a not too great weekend with food and high sodium, i'm down a pound. Hope it will drop more once I get more hydrated.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #107  

S/C/G: SW:283 /GW:150

Height: 5ft 5in

im learning now to appreciate the 1lb pund and that was my biggest challenge looking for 10lbs and 2olbs lost but thanks for for advising me that even the 1lb can get glory too
fightbbrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #108  

i have been there jolly!
but now trying to lose at least 1 lb this week
Old 09-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I've lost 1, 5 lb this week and this is HUGE for me. I've been losing so slowly....! Hope i can have another week like this one. Turns out i was getting too flexible with my portion sizes and now i've corrected that. Congratulations to everybody, wether you've lost, maintained or gained. The important is to stick to our plans. There will be good and bad weeks but it's all part of the journey.

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 09-15-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #110  

I gained this week. My period just left, so I'm really hoping for a loss next week. You ladies have done fantastic this week. Seeing everyone losing weight on the chart encourages me that it can really be done. Cheers!
isabelle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/155

Height: 5'9"

Just a vent.... Yesterday it was around 90*F outside after school. When I showed up at 5:00 to my 13 year old sons football practice I was surprised and confused to see my son practicing in dark denim jeans!! I had just washed and prepared his football gear.. why is he in heavy denim? Do his coaches understand heat stroke? When he came over to the car I asked... Why? He said, You only packed one shoe and my practice pants.. I didn't have my girdle. I said, Noah, It was all in your bag. Your girdle, practice pants, both shoes, game pants and jersey. The look on his face when he realized that in the moment he had set his bag down to wait for the coaches.. his teammates must have took out the majority of his gear and hid or thrown it away... the deflated, bullied, humiliated look is burned into my mind. I wanted to rip into the faces of kids for inspiring such heartache in my sweet son. For knowing where his gear was yet allowing him 2 hours of a tortured hot uncomfortable practice. I don't know how to gracefully respond to the situation.. He wants to keep playing.. he's so used to being the butt of their jokes he thinks it's normal. He's so deflated as a human he thinks it's all he's worth. He's so use to being discouraged that he's a broken teammate.. and then ridiculed for being so. He's on the low end of the autism spectrum.... His official diagnosis is PDDNOS(pervasive developmental disorders not otherwise specified) with a social delay. I refused for years to get him a diagnosis because I didn't want him labeled.. What an idiot I am. We are all labeled by our peers no matter what label is in your medical records. I thought I was saving him from some distinction as the weird kid... when in fact... that's how they'll always see him. The kid that thinks on a different level and says weird things... is too smart for his own good and too creative for them to understand. The kind of kid that cries when he can't find his periodic table because he wanted to check the atomic weight of some element he's thinking about... or create a card game of molecules. I just want to home school him to save him from the esteem reducing experience of being the kid who is ostracized and laughed at. He tries... he wants friends.. he is socially different. He's kind, he accepts everyone, he not judgmental, he's goofy, he's brilliant, he struggles to makes friends. I have 3 sons... my other two are cookie cutters. Smart, cute and good at everything and popular.. I have no worries about them... but sweet little Noah is a deflated broken spirit and I don't know how to protect him... what do I do?
Cheyenneb4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Cheyenne, that's so tough for you! I'm sorry. Kids that age are cruel. I was diagnosed as HFA (high-functioning autistic) as an adult and suffered a lot of bullying at that age - worse, I became a bully to some people in my class myself just trying to not be the lowest kid on the totem pole. I had people spit in my hair, throw things at me, and steal my clothes when I changed out for gym class. It sucks, but there's not much you can do to prevent it or protect him. Take him out for something fun, maybe with a friend, to remind me of how fun and positive life is even with the cruel moments, but incidents like this... there's not much that can be done other than speaking to the coaches and asking them to keep an eye out.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #113  

cheyenne i have read and i feel sorry for your son and Most kids have been teased by a sibling or a friend at some point. And it's not usually harmful when done in a playful, friendly, and mutual way, and both kids find it funny. But when teasing becomes hurtful, unkind, and constant, it crosses the line into bullying and needs to stop. It's important to take bullying seriously and not just brush it off as something that kids have to "tough out." Let someone at school (the principal, school nurse, or a counselor or teacher) know about the situation. They are often in a position to monitor and take steps to prevent further problems.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #114  

cheyenne

Dealing with bullying can erode a child's confidence. To help restore it, encourage your kids to spend time with friends who have a positive influence. Participation in clubs, sports, or other enjoyable activities builds strength and friendships.

Provide a listening ear about difficult situations, but encourage your kids to also tell you about the good parts of their day, and listen equally attentively. Make sure they know you believe in them and that you'll do what you can to address any bullying that occurs.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #115  

cheyenne
I saw this site and i hope this can help

Listen and focus on the child. Learn what’s been going on and show you want to help.

Assure the child that bullying is not their fault.

Know that kids who are bullied may struggle with talking about it. Consider referring them to a school counselor, psychologist, or other mental health service.

Give advice about what to do. This may involve role-playing and thinking through how the child might react if the bullying occurs again.

Work together to resolve the situation and protect the bullied child. The child, parents, and school or organization may all have valuable input. It may help to:

Ask the child being bullied what can be done to make him or her feel safe. Remember that changes to routine should be minimized. He or she is not at fault and should not be singled out. For example, consider rearranging classroom or bus seating plans for everyone. If bigger moves are necessary, such as switching classrooms or bus routes, the child who is bullied should not be forced to change.
Develop a game plan. Maintain open communication between schools, organizations, and parents. Discuss the steps that are taken and the limitations around what can be done based on policies and laws. Remember, the law does not allow school personnel to discuss discipline, consequences, or services given to other children.
Be persistent. Bullying may not end overnight. Commit to making it stop and consistently support the bullied child.

Avoid these mistakes:

Never tell the child to ignore the bullying.
Do not blame the child for being bullied. Even if he or she provoked the bullying, no one deserves to be bullied.
Do not tell the child to physically fight back against the kid who is bullying. It could get the child hurt, suspended, or expelled.
Parents should resist the urge to contact the other parents involved. It may make matters worse. School or other officials can act as mediators between parents.
Follow-up. Show a commitment to making bullying stop. Because bullying is behavior that repeats or has the potential to be repeated, it takes consistent effort to ensure that it stops.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #116  

I did exercise this morn and it was painful!! i will fight again to do it later on

Old 09-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightbbrave View Post
I did exercise this morn and it was painful!! i will fight again to do it later on

What kind of pain do you feel? Is it knees, back?
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #118  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, muscles are sore from running. =( Wish the number on the scale would go down.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #119  

Thank you guys for your advice and feedback!!! It's certainly an emotion provoking experience for me as well.. the dangerous part for me is that I'm such an emotional eater. I've been doing great workouts everyday and I FEEL STRONG =) I want to be as strong on the inside too.. My husband is going to go to football practice today to see talk to the coaches about the situation.. and we've e-mailed the principal, his counselor, and the sports director. Hopefully between the 3 of them it will be handled fairly. I should probably call his therapist and start making regular appointments again... I really love the advice about focusing on the highlights of his day and paying them the same amount of attention as the negative!!

As my grandmother would say... Never let yesterday use up today!!! =)
Old 09-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDazed View Post
Ugh, muscles are sore from running. =( Wish the number on the scale would go down.
Don't forget that sore muscles hold on to water and glycogen which make the scale seem a bit higher than it should!!! It's the evil trickery of weight loss science... =) GOod job running and enjoy the sore... as it's a good sore! =) or so I tell myself!!

Last edited by Cheyenneb4u; 09-16-2014 at 01:11 PM.