Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #376  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Goodness I felt nibbly today (new word). Extra prune here, slice of turkey...but it all added up low cal so that's good.

Got my workout in, later than usual but it's done. Did you make it, Novangel?

Diana, enjoy the new dishwasher. I hope it's a quiet one.

Ian, i hope you are having a great time out with the co-workers.

Sychgirl, you're giving me stress memories thinking about finals week. I showed up to one an hour late when everyone was finished. Nightmare! lol
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #377  

Syckgirlsfv I totally can understand why you have zero tolerence for your son being bullied. Great advice I think, to walk away. And then tell a teacher. Usually they are looking for a response to fuel them. I think its great that you will not allow this to continue. I was not treated well as a kid. Was a bit of a target by some close to me. And then others as well. Your son is lucky he has you to watch out and advocate for him.

Diana, I hope you are feeling better today. That the edema is not getting worse today. Thanks for the info re soy and thyroid. I am going to stop taking the soy lecitin until I can figure out what to do. When I eat pasta, which is on very rare occassion I use brown rice pasta. Not high in protein. But good in other ways.

Noavanngel, thats quite a perfect storm you have going on there with TOM and all. I wonder if others can detect what I and so many others do when we feel bloated etc. I feel like its so noticable. But I have to wonder if othes can see it.

Have been expereincing intense acid lately. Thought H-Pylori was back. But I am not getting relief I would from the Mastic Gum pills. I asked someone to muscle test. She told me that I am not producing digestive acids. So everything is sitting there and fermenting. I tend to have stuff like this anyway. I am sure that it was pushed over the limit, so to speak, when the hiatal hernia spasmed and I was not able to get my stomach pulled down for 2 weeks. So I am back taking some well chosen digestive enzymes. The sad thng is that I have been waiting weeks to get the mexican lasagna at the health food store hot food bar. Today was the day finally they were going to serve it. And, well, I was eating mild fish and rice stoup.

Today:
b: cocoa 250
L Cod, white rice, non soy miso vegetable stoup 480
Lemon iced protein thingy 60
D mild chicken and spinach sausage 240
salad cucumber, cold cooked cabbage with tsp of oil 70
yellow summer squash 40
Total calories so far 1140

I hope everyone has a great Friday

Last edited by flower123; 08-29-2014 at 12:08 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #378  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I didn't add on any yoga last night.

Anyone have fun Labor Day plans? Tomorrow we are going on a day trip to GA. We are going to stop at a place that has AYCE crab legs. I will try to overindulge in moderation. I won't be getting a workout in tomorrow since we will be gone all day.

I think my body is revolting against me again! I woke 1 1/2 hours early this morning, but I stayed in bed anyways. I tend to do this when TTOM is about to start. I'm still thinking there is a correlation between the angioedema flare ups and TTOM.

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh In: 167.2
Up: .6

I am up a total of 2 pounds. Prior to my diagnosis and taking the antihistamines my flare ups would result in about a 3 pound gain. So, things could always be worse. Ha Ha There's always tomorrow,

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-29-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #379  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday:

B- nada.
L- chickpea, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, cilantro salad with sesame dressing
S- applesauce, sunflower seeds, a smoothie and some honey.
D- apple and peanut butter whole wheat waffles. Yummy!
---

Eydawn: Thanks! It's slowly healing. And I hope things quiet down for you mentally.

novangel: I'm glad things are getting sorted with your son. I too have no acceptance for bullying. It's good your son has a mom like you.

Diana3271: Hello!
I hope your angioedema clears up soon!

Last edited by LiannaKole; 08-30-2014 at 12:39 AM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #380  

W 168.8
B egg on toast
L prunes, bran muffin and a peach
D finish the roasted veg and I think a few drumsticks missed getting cooked. Or a sandwich.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #381  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Argh, another life happens day today.

Up 0.6lbs to 170.4lbs. Thanks CoolMom75. Last night was fun. We ran up a $1100 bar bill at the Happy Hour (work pays ). I drank way too much Eydawn. I walked home but was all over the place.

But I awoke to a blocked laundry drain. It's fixed now but the plumber cost me $$$. So no working out today. But I guess I needed a rest day. In a week I am flying to Thailand and Myanmar again. I am looking forward to that, especially Thailand as the gym there is good and the seafood fantastic.

Anyway, for breakfast I had kippers, smoked oysters and oats. Lunch was my usual with smoked sturgeon, sardines, squid, smoked oysters and a crab cake.

Last edited by IanG; 08-29-2014 at 08:37 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #382  

Ian thats great re: going to Thailand and Myanmar. Hope you have great seafood fun there.

I ate popchips and non GMO organic cheese puffs today. With extra cheese. High sodium and calories. Felt rather sociopathic No conscience at all. I fully appreciated it. Not an ounce of guilt. Drank a quart of org. lemonade made with stevia. I make it myself from lemon juice I always have in the refrig.

Acid situation seems to be no better or worse. Still taking the digestive enzymes. I have 2 kinds. One is very soothing. The other less so. So I am taking 2 of the soothing kind. And one of the other ones. It feels right to me to do that. I also am starting the gall bladder suppliment I am supposed to be taking all the time. I do not tend to take this stuff unless I have to. I feel like I have to. Result: nausea subsided. My MD is supportive of my taking it.

Today I also had frozen chocolate protein stuff. For dinner I will have the low calorie chicken sausage and some cooked zucchini and yellow squash. And probably a bit of salad. Total calories for that will be 350. Total calories for the day will remain unknown.

I hope everyone in the US has a good Labor Day weekend. Summer in Vermont was too short for me. But I SO have appreciated every moment of the warmth, sun, rain ( instead of snow) green grass and colorful gardens. What a celebration of life !

Last edited by flower123; 08-29-2014 at 09:41 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #383  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Eydawn Great job on the steps! The pumpkin butter is awesome! I compared brands and got the one with the sugar. In my opinion, the flavor is better with less sugar.

CoolMom I have felt munchy this week, too. I haven't given in, but it's been tough. I am wondering if it's hormonal. Hope your day was good.

Flower I'm not sure about soy lecithin. Maybe it's OK. I would ask your naturopath or Dr. I used to take the mastic gum. I had acid really bad when my Dad got sick with cancer. I was taking 2 Prilosec in the AM and 2 in the PM. It was awful. After he passed, I wanted to try to get off the Prilosec. I took mastic, DGL, Aloe, marshmallow root, and slippery elm bark. I finally weaned myself off Prilosec. I had a time, though. I hope you can get things resolved so you can have the Mexican lasagne soon.

LiannaKole Good job on your day!

Ian Sorry about the drain. Again, I'm glad you were able to get it resolved quickly. You seem to be good at taking care of things like that. We have a bathroom project that has been a project for probably 7 years! I need to find someone to make the repairs. This is where the problem is! Finding someone!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #384  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1450 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)

bread -> I had that I made that choice, since the bread is just empty calories 150 calories
grilled salmon 400 calories
green beans 100 calories

Exercise:
Cardio Step sections from Kathy Smith's Step Workout
Old 08-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #385  

Calories ended around 1490 after a cocktail slipped in. It was a nice end to the week! Now I have to keep my head in the game through my work weekend.

Maybe I've mentioned it before, I bake all of the bread our family eats. I've gone from varying % of All purpose and whole wheat flour and tonight I have my second round of all whole wheat loaves in the oven. They seemed to eat the last batch okay and it turned out pretty good. I guess I'm doing something right that doesn't lead to a hard rock of dry bread now. Woot!

Flower, summer was extra fabulous weather-wise for me this year. I realized my body has even acclimated to 80 degree temps and I don't feel too hot in it. Odd for this part of Oregon. Flannel nightgowns and woodstove fires will be here in no time.

Ian, super jealous of the travel. The travel bug has been gnawing at me something fierce!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 08-29-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #386  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi all

just got done with a 25 mile bike ride with DH...burned over 900 calories, more than I've eaten today! I'm putting a pizza in the oven!

B - belvita
L - sirloin and peppers wrapped in low carb tortilla
S - pretzel chips w/cheese dip
D - going to be my fav frozen pizza - chicken bacon alfredo!

that's all. I'm beat.

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 08-29-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:40 AM   #387  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Very tired. Going to bed.

B- nada
L- leftover chickpea salad.
D- strawberries and peanut butter.
S- mushrooms, carrots, hummus, half a slice of pizza, ranch.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:03 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

11640 steps. Hellacious day at work. They kept trying to put patients in rooms that weren't even cleaned after discharges yet.

Roughly 1700 calories- coffee and cream for breakfast, mushroom swiss burger, kettle chips and veggies for lunch, home-made philly cheese steak esque thing and more chips at mother in law's for the college football game (CU vs CSU). My alma mater won.

Exhausted. Down to 194.4 pounds, we'll see what it does tomorrow. Sleeping in. Still stuck down the rabbit hole. Maybe I'll climb back out soon...

Exhausted.
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #389  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tune In, Your Life is in Your Own Glands, and Teapot Meditation from Fat Free Yoga

We are going on a day trip so I won't be posting a workout today.

Calories for yesterday: 1450 +
Weigh In: 166.8
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #390  

Mornin'!

W 168.4
B egg on toast
L packing some fruit and a bran muffin for work.
D steak and zucchini

Eydawn, sorry work is so exhausting. I worked in the hospital and got to the point I couldn't stand the 12 hours of cramming in more than one person's worth of work. I moved over to home health and am enjoying the slower pace. I do have to take my turn being on-call though and will be subject to calls at any moment the entire weekend, day and night. It's not bad.