Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2014, 01:50 AM   #46  

Diana, I am SO sorry that you are dealing with the angioedema. I hope you can soon recover from this current onset of it. I wish I knew of some great treatment. Re your question, I will send you a pm

yayyyyy August. Way to go !! Sydney, I can only imagine how relieved you must be. On another note, hope you feel better from whatever has you sick atm.

Ian, I think your crabcake recipe rocks. Why mess up beautiful crab with a lot of ingredients. Interesting idea re the baking powder. I can see how that and the eggs give it a teeny bit of fluff and rise. Just enough to hold it without adding any carbs. Nice.

RadioJane, congrats on the 5 lbs.

hi Fool4fotos. Good to meet you.

Alaskandaughter, I thought that ellipitcal was really good cardio. I hope your ankle heals soon.

Today was NOT a good food day. I was irritated about something. Very irritated. The quickest way I know to stop that pain.... carbs and cheese. So what did i go for? Nothing original. The same high caloric stuff.

I am not one of those people who lets that set a tone for the rest of the eating for the day. I am fully able to eat regularly after the indulgence. I do not know what price I will pay tomorrow.

going to force myself to do that trampoline. If I rush I can get in the 10 minutes before 2:10am. Hows that for procrastination. I also will do the homolateral crossovers.

Thanks everyone. I love reading what you all write. I hope Monday is a good one.

Last edited by flower123; 08-04-2014 at 01:51 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:33 AM   #47  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Work weekend is over and I think I overdid calories in the evening. Next weekend is off and hubby took Friday off so we could go somewhere fun. Silly us thought we could book a hotel for a summer weekend at the beach with one weeks notice. Nope. Not even a tent sight available.

Diana, sorry the edema is bad. I hope you get a handle on it soon. That sounds rough!

Sydney, that's wonderful about August. Sounds like it was finally due for good news.

Alaska, sorry about your ankle still bothering you. Elliptical machine seems like it would definitely be easier on the ankle. I love riding my bike, especially a bike trail where I don't have to stop at intersections all the time.

Ian, have I mentioned I have an organizing/purging addiction? Lol I love getting rid of stuff. It sounds like you are doing some nice "spring" cleaning.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:56 AM   #48  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

ergh. I gained THREE pounds yesterday. whatever happened that is something shocking to deal with. I didnt overeat so it must be water. but it is still ergh....
fasting day today, to see what happens....
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #49  

Height: 5'9"

Broke out the old NutriBullet and made a green smoothie yesterday for a late lunch ~ avocado, cucumber, salad, mint, melon, water. So good!!

Won't be so lucky with food options today, but will try to procure a veggie wrap, or something healthy/veggie based.

I'm doing some IF-ing too. Can already feel a difference, though am scared to get on the scale.
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:38 AM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

It was too late, so I didn't add on any yoga last night. I'm feeling better this morning, though.

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +
Weigh In: 170.2
Down: .6

Have a great day and start to your week. One day closer to the weekend!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #51  
maintaining since 9/2013

DianaI'm so glad to hear you're feeling better.

Yesterday was better.
B egg with arugula; protein shake & coffee; coconut oil
L big salad/tofu/egg/evoo & steamed summer squash
D Wild Alaskan salmon burger, steamed squash, bok choy, walnut oil
S Gravenstein apple, not fully ripe, broccoli, protein shake
Cal 1050
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Hi I've been on a glycemic/low carb habit. I'm also trying to run 5 k with c25k. I'm american living in England 3 yrs now with Brit hubby and our teenage son. We are going back to america in 11 days. My son is already there for the summer with my retired parents. I went back to USA alone March 2014 because my mom took seriously ill and on life support. She is home now, as of July 4 th. This is the first time I will see her not hooked up to machines and dying. I'm anxious. She doing "ok" but things will never be the same. I'm anxious that her appearance and lack of mobility will send me emotionally. And anxious that I won't stick to my eating as well. This is going to be difficult. I'm hoping I can still run on treadmill at hotel for my 5k and that it will help with stress too. I'm desperate for a vacation. I debated with my self to buy a piece of cake on my work lunch. ( fabulous bakeries here!) instead I ate my apple. Can't say I'm satisfied but at least not guilt ridden. Hope everyone is having a good day
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #53  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

I didn't sleep well last night so I'm super tired. I was stressed because I had court for child support again so I was running around all morning to the city and back by train and foot. I also loathe taking the elevator up to the top floor of a highrise. I don't like elevators, or heights...or dealing with court.

Everything turned out okay though, better than I expected. Thank God that's over for now. We will have to go back eventually but not for a long time. Onward!

I did a ton of city walking today so maybe I will take a rest day, or maybe Jillian. I will play it by ear.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

Diana..I have been lurking on this thread since I joined .I am thoroughly impressed by you and your great attitude.You are a great example of determination in the maintenance phase weight control.You have been doing a phenomenal job in maintaining your weight despite the obstacles.
You are doing a great job hanging in and I admire you.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #55  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPat View Post
ergh. I gained THREE pounds yesterday. whatever happened that is something shocking to deal with. I didnt overeat so it must be water. but it is still ergh....
fasting day today, to see what happens....
I highly doubt you gained 3 real pounds. Don't fret.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #56  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 0.8lbs to 170.4lbs today.

Breakfast was broiled sardines, medium stickleback and smoked oysters washed down with oats. Lunch was my usual with salmon, anchovies, squid, smoked oysters and a crab cake.

Exercise was a 4 mile run before work and 50 minutes weight training before lunch.

I am glad you approve of the recipe for the crab cakes flower123. It is so nice making stuff yourself because you can tweak things to take out the stuff you do not want.

And CoolMom75, I certainly am having a clean out! It is so nice to lighten up by getting rid of junk. I have got a lot more to do yet but I am slowly getting there.

Last edited by IanG; 08-04-2014 at 08:10 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #57  

Ian My aunt who is around 85 years old said that before she dies she wants to have Smoked Scottish Kippers again. She remembers them from when she was young. I do not think it matters if they are scottish or from some other place. But do you have a good mail order source for them? And if so would you mind telling me either here or in pm? The subject came up today because I told her I had smoked trout for lunch. Ahhhh it was amazing.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Please send some good thoughts and prayers for Cody. His original appointment for his follow up was for tomorrow. The vet called to confirm and I asked about getting him in there today. They had an opening, so I took that appointment. The bump has grown some and the Dr. wants to remove it. They did the labs so they could do the surgery tomorrow.

Flower I hope today was a better day. Hang in there. Did you get on the trampoline last night/this morning?

CoolMom Did you find something fun to do next weekend?

PatPat That definitely sounds like a sodium issue, unless you have angioedema. That will bring on some crazy water weight.

Inkrid Sounds like a great combo for a smoothie.

Mars I have never heard of a Gravenstein apple. Can you describe it? My favorite is Fuji.

Cheddahcat Hi and welcome to the check-in! I hope your trip back home goes well and you are able to spend some good quality time with your Mom and family. Especially enjoy the time with your Mom.

Novangel Good job getting over that hump today.

Apo9 Hi and welcome to the check-in Oh gosh! Thank you very much. I swear challenges are everywhere! I often laugh that this is my real learning when it come to weight loss, not the part where I lost so much. Hopefully I will learn how to deal with all of these obstacles and I can keep the weight off, this time.

Ian Good job on your day! Ha Ha We joked, in the past about passing each other. We are almost the same today.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Haddock 400 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
Kimberly Spreen Cardio Camp Workout
Old 08-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #60  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Ian My aunt who is around 85 years old said that before she dies she wants to have Smoked Scottish Kippers again. She remembers them from when she was young. I do not think it matters if they are scottish or from some other place. But do you have a good mail order source for them? And if so would you mind telling me either here or in pm? The subject came up today because I told her I had smoked trout for lunch. Ahhhh it was amazing.
OK. There are smoked kippers, smoked kippers and smoked kippers.

The cheapest are canned which you can get for $25 for 18 cans. The best are Polar Kippers. Delicious. Eat one (or two or three!) of these a day and she will live to 105!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...olar%20kippers

Then there are the ones I eat at the weekend. These are "fresh" smoked, herring fillets, chilled and available at my local Latino/International store for $6/lb. Here is a pic of my stash.

And then there is the real deal which I have not tried here yet because of the cost. Caster kippers. Which she probably means. http://www.amazon.com/Scottish-Genui...caster+kippers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kippers.jpg (24.0 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by IanG; 08-04-2014 at 09:36 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote