Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Motivation Help

I'm still learning the ropes here, but I was hoping anyone could share with me.

I know why I want to lose weight, I know that I have so many important reasons to be healthier and eat better and exercise, I really do.

But I have such a hard time finding that extra ounce of will power or self control that I need to make progress.

So I was wondering, does anyone have any tips for that? Maybe how you find that motivation when you're so close to giving in and drinking that soda, or skipping that workout? I just need something to click for me, and I haven't found it yet.

Thank you <3
Chelainabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #2  

Motivation can never be at a high all the time, it comes and goes. So when motivation is lacking fall back on preparation.

Have meals prepared the night before, put out your workout closes ready for the morning and most importantly get an early night and some quality rest. Get a playlist of motivational songs/ speeches to listen to whilst you get ready in the morning.

All the best!
TheSkinnyProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm not sure if you'll find this helpful, but I hope so. I really struggled to stay on track many times. The lure of food was too much for me to take and I would just give in and eat, which really only made me more miserable.

What helped me was to eliminate foods from my diet that I couldn't manage without going overboard. I realized that all those foods had two ingredients: sugar and flour. It was incredibly difficult for me to take those out of my life. I felt like I was losing a best friend. But now, I'm a new woman. I am so much more in control than I was before.

Another thing I do is eat my meals at set times and only have one snack which is the same few things in rotation. For example, I'll have a greek yogurt with blueberries or I'll have a hard boiled egg and a hand full of pistachios. I also try not to eat anything too exciting because that will set me off.

Finally, I try to move around a lot. I do exercise but maybe only two or three times a week if I'm lucky. But I walk the dog every day and I park far from my destinations and take stairs, etc.

As TheSkinnyProject said, motivation isn't always there to be found. It's more about commitment and finding whatever you can do that will work with your lifestyle and that you can live with for the rest of your life.

I really hope you'll find a way and I send you many, many hugs.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

sometimes saying out loud how you benefit if you don't "diet" and stay the size you are can help.
"I don't have to think about myself."
"I can blame my weight for the fact that I'm single."
"I can fit in with my family/friends since they are my size."
"I don't have to feel bad that I spent so long at this weight."
"I'm afraid if I try and fail then i'm out of options."
whatever might be true for you.

Sometimes admitting why you might be self-sabotaging can help you not do it.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Weight loss is one of the few goals that is 100% within your capability. It's obviously not EASY and it requires hard work and dedication to the cause, but there are plenty of people who are dumb as rocks who've lost weight and successfully kept it off. Many life goals - career ambitions, bucket list trips, major milestone deadlines - are not as simple to accomplish.

I always think of it this way - my life is a mess sometimes but I have control over my food, my exercise, and being physically healthy makes the rest of the mess all the more manageable.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote