Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 06:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Talking 300+ And Ready to Try Again #378

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 CST.

Welcome!
Old 07-26-2003, 06:26 PM   #2  

Talking This is for Sandy aka The Posting Police

Okay posting police, I'm making a post. Even though I don't really have anything to say. I just saw that it was time for a new thread and jumped in there.

Sure wish I had some great revelation to share, but I don't. Hmmm.... All I can say is I hope to see some of you in chat tonight and I hope all of you are having a great day.

Lori-The Brian story is just too much.

Terri-A manicure-what fun!!!
Old 07-26-2003, 10:56 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Hi, I'm back...Did you miss me??

Don't all answer at once...

We had a great week, but now it's back to business...I'm off to work in a few minutes...

Welcome to the new kids on the block!

I'm unofficially up three lbs, but I just weighed myself now...I really need to check a morning/haven't eaten for 8 hrs/buck naked/no jewelry/makeup/hairspray/glasses weight...

Just to be official!

See you all tomorrow!
Old 07-26-2003, 11:45 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just checking in after chat. We had a nice size group show up tonight. That was great!

Did my 'showgirl' stuff all by my lonesome today. #1 son and honey had a nice time at the air show. It was overcast all day and threatening rain, but we didn't get more than a few drops.

Went out to eat at Ruby Tuesday's. I love their Killer Fish Sandwich. It has a cajun seasoning on it and it's wonderful.

My mom called this morning and said that her brother, my uncle passed away this morning. This is the uncle that I always take my mom to see when we take or pick up the 'baby' from college. This is her last living sibling so it will be hard on her. My father was the last to go of his siblings too. Guess they have the gift of longevity.

Anyway, the visitation is on Monday and the funeral is on Tuesday morning. Since it's in Frankenmuth (about an hour and a half from here) I think we'll take a motel on Monday night. Sooo, if I'm AWOL, you'll know where I am.

Deb: Your situation sounds like my son's. He was laid off and the government paid for his last two years of college, books and all. AND gave him un-employment. That was a pretty decent deal.

Andria: Your small town sounds like so much fun! Fingers crossed for the new job, whichever one you want.

2Big: Where abouts in England are your family? My husband (not my husband at the time) and I were in the lake district for 3 weeks some years ago on a high school choir tour. It was so beautiful up there. We made the rounds to a bunch of churches and cathedrals and sang. It was a wonderful trip.

Amanda: If hubby can walk to work from your new place, that means you get the vehicle back! YIPEE!!!

JoeAnne: Sounds like you've got a nice little enterprise going there. You know, we all expect a burrito in our mailbox next week!

Mary: Good to see you in chat.

Tina: Unbelievable about your kitty! That's terrible! Max runs up the stairs behind me in the middle of the night and nips at the back of my legs, but never to the tune of bite marks and blood. OMG. I don't know what I'd think. [[[hugs]]] Almost sounds like she's gone very territorial on you since she's had the kittens.

Barb: You will love your new manicure set. I have something similar and I've been using it for over a year. My natural nails are so long and strong it's unbelievable. * I bet your hair is really cute.

Lori: You are just having a terrible time! First TOM, then a tendon, and now an enthusiastic neighbor...geez you just can't win!!! * I'm probably going to stick my foot in my mouth again here, but this little temper tantrum of Brian's sounds like he needs a mommy more than he needs a lover. I'm with Terri, ship his A$$ back to California!

Kat: Good to have you back, kiddo! Hope to get a few more details of your trip the next time you stop by. Hope it was wonderful. And YES you do need to do a "morning/haven't eaten for 8 hrs/buck naked/no jewelry/makeup/hairspray/glasses weight...Just to be official!" Your evening with clothes on is always going to be waaaaaay more!

Well girls, I think I'm going to say goodnight! It's been a long day.

"Optimism: A cheerful frame of mind that enables a tea kettle to sing though in hot water up to its nose."

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-26-2003 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:21 AM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

That was a seriously long drive for one day, but we had such a great time! Dad and I talked and talked and talked on the drive. My grandfather slept almost the entire visit, so we were able to spend four hours with my grandmother as well. She really seemed to enjoy the company and the catching up on the entire family. They are moving some time in September, for the first time in 51 years. She isn't thrilled about moving, but this is going to be a lot more convenient. Grandma was sick for three days this last week and my grandfather took off for "home". He was trying to get into the house he lived in as a child. It is amazing to me how he can remember how to get there and can't always remember the names of his closest family members. I know that is how Alzheimer's works, but it is still so hard to comprehend. Anyway, family will be only two doors away in the new house, and if she is sick or something, they can hopefully come to the rescue. Also, it should make grocery shopping and everything else a lot better. Right now she has to make a list and hope they come back with something close to what she wanted.

Staying OP on the trip wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm a little shy on my water intake and totally lacking in exercise for the day, but overall, I'd say it was a good day. Now, if somebody could try to convince the craving monster inside me that I don't need a cookie or bit of chocolate to go to bed, I'd sure appreciate it! This is my absolutely toughest time of day to get through, even after two weeks. I'm going to solve the problem tonight by going to bed and ignoring the saboteur inside my head.

Andria
Old 07-27-2003, 02:51 AM   #6  

Angry How do you keep up?

I can't believe how many people post to this thread! It must be hard to keep up with everyone's info. I guess you get to know people over time.

Can someone who keeps a journal tell me a little bit about it? How do you like it? Can others read it? Is it helpful for you? I have never been much of a writer, but I think it might be helpful for me to use one. I have a lot of issues to work on with regard to my weight and things that happened to me in my childhood (it has only taken me ten years of therapy to finally uncover and discover some of the basis of my problem). People have told me I have a lot of anger to work through, even though I don't feel angry , I thought a journal might help.

Anyways, I did get to curves today, actually I went regularly all month and I am very proud of that because I haven't been getting there consistently over the last little bit. I weighed myself (just to see - I have been retaining water and bloated because of TOM - don't you hate that?) and I lost a pound and a half . Not bad since I have mentioned that I am having a hard time staying on plan. I get measured and weighed officially next week so I will have to report in when I get my results

I also went and had my hair cut - wow I feel bald. I normally wear my hair shoulder length and I had it cut up to my chin, all one length - too short!! But it is only hair and it will grow.

Other than that it has been pretty quiet for me except chasing around my 16 mos old . He is a ball of fire and he has the temper to match (unfortunately he gets that from me), but I love him to death!!! I'm sure all you Mommy's out there know how I feel - there really is nothing like a child to make you smile.

Lori,

All I can say is WOW ! Let me also put my foot in my mouth by saying I would be the third vote to ship Brian back to California. Let his Mommy deal with his temper tantrums.
Unbelievable.

Tina,

I have 3 cats and I have to say that if one of them did that to me - I would be tempted to toss them off the balcony (and you have never met a bigger animal lover than me). Maybe it is time for a trip to the vet to get a professional opinion on her behaviour. Make sure you clean out that cat scratch well as they can get badly infected very quickly.

Andria,

Night time is a bad time for me too . I haven't yet figured out how to conquer it. If you (or anyone else) has any suggestions, let me know.

Well ladies, my little guy just woke up so I will have to go tend to him - sorry I don't have time to respond to anyone else. I look forward to posting again tomorrow.

Laura aka lola
Old 07-27-2003, 06:57 AM   #7  

Good Sunday Morning Girls,

I was having major withdrawals yesterday and evening before being away from all of you, my phone was dead from mid afternoon Friday till abt 11a yesterday morning! Sooo no phone line no talk about separation anxiety

Couldnt begin to reply to all of your posts, so I will start fresh today and get back on track..all of you have been busy, isnt being active and feeling fit better than being sedated and bloated and in a stupor from all of that compulsive overeating??? I will take this anyday!

Check in with you all later. Don't have to go into work till 2p today!! most Sundays I go early, almost a whole day at home!!!.well it is when you get up this early!

sw 356/June 5th/348.8 June 24th
cw 336.5 July 24th - down 19.5 lbs! - I am SURE my tennis shoes and clothing weighed 1/2 lb!! soooo, I will whisper a 20 lb loss
next goal: lose 10 more lbs by August 31st
next goal:lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130

later chicklets stay
Old 07-27-2003, 09:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Good morning ladies!

Just want to say hi before we head off to church. I enjoyed chat last night - asked DH to rearrange his eating times to feed me beofre 7:30 from now on!

Two things on my agenda today. Make that three. One is to order a new Video Cycle tape. Two is to do 45 mins on the spinner today and three is a NAP! Its going to be 103 today so staying inside as much as possible.

Lola - I use the journal and love it. I've switched over to the new journals. You can mark them as private so no one else can read. I'd like it better if they had the link to the new journal here like they do the old journals. But oh well. Can't complain if its free.

Everyone else, have a great Lord's day! Stay cool and stay away from the food!
Old 07-27-2003, 10:38 AM   #9  

Talking Keeping Up!!!

I enjoyed seeing so many in chat last night. What fun!!! I'm sorry I left when I did, but I was kind of groggy and had to spend time with the hubby. Anyway, I have to get going to make breakfast, so let me do some replies real quick.

Terri-Hello, sounds like good solid goals for the day!!!

Laura/Lola-Just a thought, if you don't want to do a 3Fatchicks journal then you might consider checking out www.Fitday.com They have journals and a lot more and best of all they are free!!!

Andria-Sounds like you had a good day. You have been spending a lot of quality time with your dad. That is cool!!!

Thin-I already told you I'm sorry about your uncle, so I'll just say have a safe trip.

Kat-Welcome back!!! Yes, we missed you. You should know that.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:01 AM   #10  

Tina I don't know - I think it might be a "cat" thing because I have heard of this happening to people I know. How old is the cat that attacked? My Sweet & Lovable Dusty will attack anyone in this house if I am not here. I do have him declawed so he can't do any damage - they always get away before he gets his teeth into them.

I had a cousin stay with me a couple days and Dusty sat on his lap or by him most of the time - very cute but , we were going to a funeral and I left early to go and get my Dad. My cousin said that as soon as he heard the door click shut, Dusty turned on him. He said he started hissing and swinging his paws at him whenever he moved. It had to be a territorial thing since he was fine while I was here.

Dusty is also that way when my sister, BIL, and nephew were here at Christmas. He was fine while I was home but when I went to work he started the same thing - hissing and swinging. My sister even called me at work to talk to Dusty on the phone !!! She wanted her purse but Dusty was sitting by it and when she would try to get it he would get As soon as I got home he just sat around like everything was "cool".

Since Dusty is a cat and thinks this house is his, I suppose I should consider myself lucky he doesn't treat me that way.

Well I have a mini goal, and will need all your .

I want to see how much weight I can lose by Sep 11th. (no, nothing to do with that. I am meeting some friends to shop and goof off) I thought maybe a mini goal would help me.

Well, off to sit on my heating pad/vibrator . I somehow hurt my back and need to give it some attention.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:14 AM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Good morning....

Hey gals! I still feel pretty crappy....but I'm going to force myself to be cheerful. I would like to give you an update on the cat attack however. What I thought was a scratch, was actually a bite. Dh was looking at it yesterday because it hurt so much and what we've concluded was..... at the back of my right leg (calf muscle) there are four puncture wounds. (where she dug in with one of her paws) Around the bottom of my ankle, there are 3 pretty big gashes. (that's where her other paw was) The deep gash has two points, one about an inch and a half away from the other and it's bruising badly. We've concluded that she actually bit me and the marks were from one of her top and bottom fangs. I am still very upset about this and not sure what to do. I really love my new kitten Peanut, and do not want to give him away, but I fear as long as he is there and she has the tie to him, we could be in danger. Part of me just wants to give her away or take her to the pound. I know that sounds cruel perhaps, but you weren't there when it happened....it was terribly frightening. Not to mention that as much as I think of her....my family has to come first. Still thinking on this......

Secondly, I was running a fever last night. Dh rolled over next to me in the bed and said I felt hot to him. I took my temp twice and it was 102.7 and 102.8. I've been taking my antibiotics faithfully for my kidney infection, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. I'm not nauseated or vomitting though and that's what he told me to watch out for and the pain has almost subsided. I hope it's not associated with the cat bite.

I am actually at work today... One of the first shift girls that rotate with us went on vacation, so I am filling in for her today. That means I will miss most the race though, so I am none to happy about it. I should be home before it's over though, so at least I will get to see the finish.

My friend that I work with (my best friend) is here with me today and I just have to tell you how special she is. She knew the kind of week I've had and she decided to cheer me up. When I came in, she had already went to Walmart this morning and picked me up a Lean Cuisine for lunch that she had tried and really liked. She also had got a french manicure set so we could do our nails today. (Sundays are slow) She also knows how much I like to write and she got me a notebook and set of colored pens. AND, (don't panic) she got me a bag of yogurt raisins. Yes, I know they are my downfall, but before I got here, she had already sorted it out into individual servings and had them bagged up. Could you even ask for a better friend?

Ok, on to replies:

Sandy: THIS IS THE POSTING POLICE! Where in the world are you? You can't very well lead the posting police if you do not post yourself. If I'm not mistaken, you didn't post the whole last thread and I know you've been here because I saw you posted on another thread. Get your butt in here gal....we need you!

Kat: I still feel a little embarassed posting to you even though I know I'm being silly. I don't think I have the words to tell you how bad I feel about not being able to meet up with you. It just seems like I was totally swept up in the situation around me at times. However, I have learned one lesson....an important one. DON'T plan a vacation with other people. Even though I had a great time with them, I didn't get to freely go where I wanted to without having to consider someone else. Next trip that way....I'm doing things myyyy waaaay. (said to the tune of "My Way" from Elvis) Yes, Elvis...not Frank Sinatra. I'm from Tennessee, remember? Glad you're back. I've missed you sweetie.

Amanda: Thanks for the kind words sweetie. Just remember, even though you've had a tough time lately, we can do this. I've been floundering a bit as of late too, but I'm heading back to WW on Monday and I'm getting my crap back together!

thin: I'm sorry to hear about your uncle passing. Were you close to him? I know this must be hard on your Mom too....especially with him being her last living sibling. My granny had a real hard time last year when she lost her last two sisters and the worst part of it was, they passed away within two days of one another and she had both of them in the funeral home at the same time. I will say a prayer for your entire family.

Andria: I'm glad you had such a good time on your trip. Sounds like you spent some really good quality time with your Dad. I'm sure your grandmother isn't looking forward to moving especially after so long, but living close to family is good...especially if something happens. I know when you take a trip it can be hard getting water and exercise in, but good job staying OP!

Lola: Hey there sweetie! Whatever you do, don't get overwhelmed. It is hard to keep up with everybody sometimes, but that's ok. It just takes time. What I usually do is open to thread windows on my computer and then read each post individually so I can respond better. Also, don't feel like you have to respond to each and every person on each post. You don't. Just come in and tell us how you are. Congrats on the pound and a half. Good job! I know how you feel about "being bald" too. I've always had hair down to my butt and just got it cut above my shoulders a couple of months ago. It is a big change and I love it! Also, my 2 cents on the journal. I think it is nice that they offer you one here....but I prefer to simply write in one that I can carry around. JMO

Pam: Sorry you were having trouble with the phone line. Doesn't that stink? I had trouble with my cable/dsl forever and was down more than I was up, but they finally have it fixed, thank goodness.
Quote:
Isnt being active and feeling fit better than being sedated and bloated and in a stupor from all of that compulsive overeating??? I will take this anyday!
Isn't it the truth? When we know how good it feels to be on program, why would we EVER go back to overeating?

Terri: Glad you enjoyed chat. I missed it as usual. I'm going to make an effort to get in there next week for sure. I can understand what you said about Bear attacking you....we used to have a rottweiler too. (I think I told you that--his name was Bear too) Anyways, she's never done this before though. I think that's why it's so distressful for me. Since you have an agenda today, I will have one too. Go home and watch the race! AND...do my WATP video....at least the one mile.

Ok guys... I have responded to everyone that has posted so far, so I am heading out for now. Much, much love to everyone else. I hope you all have a terrific day. I'm off tomorrow, so I will probably hop back in her before the night is out...you never can tell!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:20 AM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Oops!

Lucky: You snuck in on me while I was posting, you evil monkey....so I must respond to you, especially since I miss you so much. Although beggers can't be choosers I suppose and we have been seeing more of you lately. Some Lucky is better than no Lucky anyday. My cat is actually almost three years old and has never portrayed any of this behavior before, so that's why it is so startling. Part of me just wants to give her away, but the part that is still attached to her wants to hold on. But I'm still scared.....and I do not want to be scared of her.

Whatever I can do to help you on your quest to see how much weight you can lose by Sept. 11, I will do and will you return the favor?

Good luck sitting on the heater/vibrator.

Take care and always remember we love you gal.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:40 AM   #13  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Angry Miles and Minutes

Here are my miles and minutes for the week;

7/21-7/27

11.25 miles
254 minutes
I could've done more, but I've got no energy when the evening comes.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:16 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello fellow chicklets
I am so sore But I guess tahts to be expected when you fall on concrete.

Tina I hope your leg gets better. Watch out for infection though.

I cooked lots of veggies today. DH is going to mexico Tues for several days so son and I are going to eat veggis. I cooked collards, peas, butterbeans. I have corn to cook tomorrow so thats what we are eatting.

I am so uptight about all the extra work that is coming but theres nothing I can do. They will find some one eventually

Chat was great last night with all the people there.

Well I'll run need to do some work here at home.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Thin -

I'll be adding you to our prayers. So sorry to hear about your uncle. Have a safe trip and give your mom a hug from all of us.

We love ya!
Closed Thread