Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-30-2014, 01:39 PM   #466  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Dry weight after fast was 166.? Nice! That's three pounds less than last week's low.

Meals today-

Egg on toast
Coffee with milk
Leftover pizza

Weightlifting day.

Patpat, i hope you feel better quickly. That's the worst!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #467  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks flower123. Glad you like fish too!

And sorry to hear you are unwell PatPat. I hope it was not the mackeral. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your can of it. My favorite canned mackeral is by VitalChoice (although I really like fresh mackeral and smoked mackeral too).

Down 2lbs today to 171.6lbs. I'd like to get into the 160s again but we'll see. I think the weight training is starting to add some with all the fish I am eating.

Breakfast today was mackeral, smoked oysters and oats. Lunch was my usual with octopus, smoked oysters, squid and smoked sturgeon.

I really am out of smoked oysters now so tomorrow I will be dry.

Exercise was a 4 mile run before work and 50 minutes weight training before lunch.

I have a big exercise day tomorrow. A friend wants to run in the morning (4 miles). I will then do weight training at lunch and then do a hash run (5 miles) in the evening. I have never run twice in a single day before. This could get interesting...

Last edited by IanG; 07-30-2014 at 03:38 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #468  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

CoolMom I can totally relate to it being easier to abstain from certain foods than to have in moderation. I can't even remember the last time I had pizza . Congrats on the 3 pounds.

Mars Hmm, angry birds? Sounds like one of those scary movies. Today was the big day, who won?

PatPat
I hope you are feeling better.

Kelijpa I would love to dive into a plate of nachos! All of those foods are so difficult to deal with. I saw that pop up thing from BB&B. It was cute! I just passed over it because I knew Cody would eat it.

Syckgirlsfv I hope your class goes well tonight.

Ian Are you feeling more comfortable with maintenance? Or does it seem like it's always a challenge to stay one step ahead of things? That's me right now. It seems like any time I eat an off plan meal that I show a gain and it's not just water weight. I must be eating very close to maintenance on a daily basis.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #469  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1400 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Start Here Cardio Sculpt & Legs w/8's
The Firm Weighted Cardio Gloves workout
Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #470  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Are you feeling more comfortable with maintenance? Or does it seem like it's always a challenge to stay one step ahead of things? That's me right now. It seems like any time I eat an off plan meal that I show a gain and it's not just water weight. I must be eating very close to maintenance on a daily basis.
Thanks Diana. I think I am but the big problem is my exercise. Running cuts my weight (burns fat and muscle) but weight training slowly adds weight (muscle). So I can't truly trust the scale any more. Gaining weight might be good if it is muscle.

So that is my problem at the moment. I don't have a precise maintenance weight. Nasty. I was hoping 165. It now looks like 170. But if I keep lifting, then it could go higher.

I am a moving target.

Why weight train? You may then ask. I don't want to be a skinny fat guy. Not a good look. Plus I like weight training as it helps me deal with stress.

Last edited by IanG; 07-30-2014 at 10:11 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #471  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Why weight train? You may then ask. I don't want to be a skinny fat guy. Not a good look.
I hear ya. I'm skinny and look great in clothes, however...nekkid is another story.

Last night I ran about 3 1/2 miles, tonight was Jillian 30DS. My thighs still feel like hammered meat but I survived.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:33 PM   #472  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

im just touching in for a bit....its been a crazy busy, intense summer at work and the stress is settling in on me....I've been running a temperature for 3 weeks straight or longer now although I feel fine besides that....i'm also getting nasty heartburn for no reason we had 84 students today too, always busy...

i'm still working out but it's after work now which physically is harder...which is odd...but i'm still trying to do the same level of workout that I have been....still working on eating well, I think i'm eating at about maintenance for this weight though, not losing, not really gaining

I do consider that a success though...to be exposed to so much unhealthy food and so much stress all summer and not really gain anything...that alone is a success for me
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:45 AM   #473  
maintaining since 9/2013

Diana, the tree won! It is on its merry way to be planted in a redwood grove. No persons or property were damaged It went surprisingly smoothly to squeeze it into the living room and out to the elevator, onto the truck. It took me over a year to get this together and the tree was already starting to die. The rescue arborist said it should be fine. The birds were alarmed but not angry A good day!

B vanilla whey shake
L 2 large chicken breasts
D chocolate whey shake, braised bok choy, chicken, avocado
S chocolate whey shake, a few almonds

Last edited by mars735; 07-31-2014 at 12:45 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:26 AM   #474  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Hey guys
Doing well on recovering from my recent overeating. I only had a chicken sandwich (with quite a bit of chicken) and a tuna sandwich today. I work tomorrow and then I'm going out for the weekend. I'm a little nervous but it should be all right. My plan to stay on track Friday is 1)not eating out 2)limit drinking (4-5 shots or beers) 3) no hitting up fast food / service stations for food and 4)not eating earlier in the day.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:59 AM   #475  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Hi all,

thanks for the good wishes, they helped

good news! I feel better and my cat is back . I had seen and heared her in the garden during all the time but she wouldnt come to me, probably too scared. As it started raining 2 days ago she marched into my neighbors living room. Despite windows and doors being open she placed herself on the sofa as if she belonged there and didnt go back out. They thought of keeping her (because they jsut started thinking of having a cat and there she went into their home) but then saw one of my posters. Now I will help them getting their own kitty in reward (and mine panics already when she loses sight of me ^^)

I feel a bit better, just slightly sick anymore. I have no clue what caused it.
I have gained 0.2 kilos (despite so much water leaving me) so maybe I also was a bit dehydrated?
I dont care about the gain, I just care about feeling better.
I did my workout not as intense as normally today, but I did 99 instead of 60 minutes.

Ian
I haven't eaten the mackerel yet, the dinner 2 days ago included shrimps. the mackerel is still in the fridge ^^. it is from a danish organic brand called "larsen pure" and only contains mackerel, water, tomatoe and salt. I dont think that combination can make me sick, indeed it sounds more like a sick food
http://www.larsenseafood.com/product...rel-in-tomato/

if its tasty tonight I will try their other stuff too ^^
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:25 AM   #476  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Thanks Diana. I think I am but the big problem is my exercise. Running cuts my weight (burns fat and muscle) but weight training slowly adds weight (muscle). So I can't truly trust the scale any more. Gaining weight might be good if it is muscle.

So that is my problem at the moment. I don't have a precise maintenance weight. Nasty. I was hoping 165. It now looks like 170. But if I keep lifting, then it could go higher.

I am a moving target.

Why weight train? You may then ask. I don't want to be a skinny fat guy. Not a good look. Plus I like weight training as it helps me deal with stress.
Interesting you guys are talking about this, I'm kind of struggling with this myself, what's the right maintenance weight...I thought my goal was at the high end for my height and still can't seem to maintain there, I want 150s even mid 140s, but can't seem to get past the 160s. DH was talking last night about how skinny his legs were at his low and he didn't like it, was thin but didn't feel strong and maybe this is where his body wants to be.

I'm not going to quit trying to get off this 15 but am aware that it may not happen...anywho I feel good, healthy and strong so hoping that balances out feeling like I'm failing at this last bit of losing.

Ok , thanks for listening
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #477  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

W-161.2
B- cream of wheat, pecans, almond milk, craisins
L- spring mix, banana peppers, thousand island, peas, balsamic vinegar
D- salad
E- walk

Diana I cracked up when you said Cody would eat it

PatPat glad your kitty is home!

Syckgirlsfv a little jealous of your riding, saw some articles about ComicCon made me miss the walking dead...the articles about WD not the accident during the zombie walk...

Alaskan good to see you, hope your stress lessens

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:48 AM   #478  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on:
Slim and Limber from Slim in 6
Immune Invigorator, Inflammation Relief, and Deep Relaxation from Dr. Yoga House Call

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh In: 169.4
No Change

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-31-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:12 AM   #479  

S/C/G: 217/194.6/160

Height: 5'1

Morning all...I know I've been quiet for a bit. Just too much stress, but those dang edits are done and back in my editor's capable hands. I managed to stay on the program and didn't overeat despite the lack of accountability. I need to get back in the habit of coming back here each day though. I need the support. I can do it without, but it's easier with.

Today is weigh-in day. I must be slowing down now, and the water weight must be gone, because this week I only lost a pound. That could also be because I'm not doing my yoga. Tonight I WILL do it. Even if my son has to harass me. Anyway...weigh in? 206.8 lbs. So I've officially lost my first ten pounds!

I'll check in later with my accountability.

Dakota
DakotaTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #480  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

kelijpa I saw that James Hetfield was at comicon!!! I was so bummed to not be there to see him... (lead singer, METALLICA) I love him!!! And I miss TWD

today's weight - 155.0

I just switched hotels for December's Vegas trip..couldn't help myself, another great deal on Bellagio!

B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - romaine lettuce/canned chicken breast/avocado cilantro Bolt House dressing
S - coconut greek yogurt/8 almonds
D - garden burger? not sure, have a midterm tonight

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 07-31-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote