Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 217/194.6/160

Height: 5'1

Diana thanks for the warm welcome. It's so awesome to see this group is active. Today has been a typical Monday. *sigh*

Any way...here my consumption for the day so far.

Breakfast:
Coffee,with FF French vanilla creamer - 1 pt.
2 Alice's of wheat toast with real butter. 6 pts

Lunch :
Another taco salad...(eating up left overs...lol) - 8 pts.
Crystal light - 0 pt.

Snack:
1/2 bag of 100 calorie popcorn - 1.5 pt

And I cheated....I added a side salad with ff dressing to supper. Got to get my greens

Supper: ( saving points for.)
1 cup of Beef stroganoff - 10 pts
1/2 cup of mashed potatoes - 3 pts
Milk 8 oz. -.2 pts

Bedtime snack
Rest of. Bag of popcorn - 1.5 pts

Which will give me 33 points for the day. ( only dipping into 2 of my weekly points)

Dakota

Last edited by DakotaTrace; 07-07-2014 at 09:03 PM.
DakotaTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #92  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1700

B - Everything Bagelthin w/ Cream Cheese
L - Buffalo Wing Pretzel Pieces + Dr. Pepper
D - Chinese Buffet (estimated 1k)
S - Multigrain Crackers + Parmesan Cheese

I wasn't home until yesterday evening. I tried to be good at the buffet and only had a small serving of rice, some tofu, some chicken, some seafood and some pineapple. I didn't have any of the deep fried foods.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #93  

Welcome DakotaTrace and TriumpDoll. I am new also. Joined 3 weeks ago. I am grateful to have found this forum.

WB Diana. Glad you were able to have a good time dispite the hurricane.

I was unusually low energy today. Finally I realized it likely is because I was not getting enough carbs. So I ate a hideous amount of carbs along with an equally hideous amount of grated cheese. Before my body metabolism changed 5 weeks ago i was able to do this a couple of times a week and maintain. Now I have gained some of the weight back. So I stopped doing it. First time in 2 1/2 weeks.

Dinner will be the usual diet fare. Getting on the scale tomorrow may be a bit frightning. But I still want to do it. Its important for me to see and know how this will effect me with the body metaboism having changed. I think the change is not a bad thing. I think adrenals are straightning out. Not in overdrive as before.

Exercise will take place as soon as i get the energy. I can only do 10 minutes of jogging on the trampoline.
I hope everyone had a good day. I am loving these summer days. The sound of birds chirping. Nature's sympony. The beautiful plants and trees. Ahhh summer in Northern New England.

Last edited by flower123; 07-08-2014 at 12:25 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #94  

Hi, Diana! *waves*

Dakota
Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #95  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Flower123 for the warm wishes.

Well, my wife and kids left today as was planned. I was going to take the day off of work but it was decided I should go in which was a good call. Tearful goodbye with my wife. Decided to let my kids sleep as saying goodbye would be too much. I booked a taxi and a concierge service at the airport for them and they are now on the plane. The boys seem excited about flying which is good. And my wife and I are on good terms. Being at home alone is a little weird (I am still putting stuff away out of the reach of the kids when there is no need to...habits die hard). I knew it would be difficult so I have been preparing for it by keeping busy. At least I had good notice. Some people are not that lucky.

Anyway, up 0.8lbs today to 169.6lbs. Calories will be about 1600.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Vital choice mackeral 6 120 18 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Vital choice canned sockeye 16 340 48 0
East Point shrimp 2 100 22 0
Ekone original oysters 5 165 17 11
Swordfish 6.75 210 33 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Hummus 2 35 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 57 1634 174 103
Weight 169.6
Protein/weight ratio 1.03
Targets based on weight Low High
Calories 2374 2714
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 36 54
20% less calories to cut 1900

Exercise: Ran 4 miles before work. Did 55 minutes weight training before lunch.

Last edited by IanG; 07-07-2014 at 09:49 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #96  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Well, I had a bad experience with alcohol this weekend. DH and I had a couple fruity drinks one night with dinner. Later I had a glass of wine. I was up at 1 AM sick. The last couple of times I had alcohol I felt queasy. I'm thinking alcohol is a no go for me from now on. Not sure why my body has changed like that. It's not worth it to try to find out what I can drink and what I can't. I will just stay away from it.

I will proabably wait a couple days before I weigh again. I never do that. I usually jump right on the scale and face the music. I know it's ugly, even though I didn't eat as bad as I have in the past.

Syckgirlsfv Happy Anniversary!

Peachflesh Hi

Dakota Trace Good job on your points. Monday is over and we are one day closer to the weekend!

Psychic Good job on the buffet. It's really hard avoiding the temptations.

Flower Thank you. Sounds like you are really enjoying the Summer there. I think we will be close to 100* this week with a heat index close to 110*. Some of my flowers are dying from the heat. We actually stayed cool longer than normal, though.

Ian Sorry you are facing those challenges.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-07-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #97  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Exercise: (700 Calories)
Baked chicken 400 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories
green beans 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 w/#1 hand weights
Old 07-08-2014, 12:59 AM   #98  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Kelijpa I know, right?!?!?!? The Walking Dead is just an epic, epic show. Such great writing, and the characters! Been watching since the pilot in season 1 and have been hooked ever since

peachflesh it was a nice break, too bad it's coming to an end!

Diana thank you it was actually on the 4th but we've kind of been celebrating the whole weekend!

We ended up going to a Japanese place and having ramen...I had curry ramen (with pork), a few pieces of vegetable tempura, edamame, and for desert vanilla gelato covered in crushed hazelnut. yikes!

Dinner was just a bison patty, mashed potatoes (homemade), and steamed broccoli. Rode 17 1/2 miles today.

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 07-08-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #99  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Still on my weigh in break.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +

I didn't do my yoga last night since I am still cleaning up from the trip.

Have a great day.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #100  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1767

B - JIF Hazelnut Spread w/ Salted Caramel + Honey Wheat Pretzel Twists
L - Sting Cheese + Fiber One Lemon Bar
S - Creamy Dill Chips
D - Meatless Chick'n Strips + Waffle Fries + YumYum Sauce
S - Multigrain Crackers + Parmesan Cheese

Exercise: 3800 Steps + Stretching & Strength Training

I binged on the hazelnut spread yesterday. I probably ate around 4 Tbsp. of it, mostly by just eating it off of the spoon. Meh.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #101  
Becoming less fleshy.

S/C/G: 195/150

Height: 5’7"

Diana Hi Your alcohol misadventure sounds awful! Bye bye booze. I try not to drink too often mainly because of calories and bloating, but I love a good craft beer. Think you'll miss it at all?
Flower sometimes you have to say f-it and have some carbs and cheese. Bet it was yummy. How's the scale treating you today?
Ian I'm sorry you're missing the wife and kiddos ps your food log is intimidating!
Psychic Are you really psychic? I'm in the same boat with you and your hazelnut spread and Flower's cheese and carbs. I enjoyed myself 4 tbsp of caramel. It's ok, better today.

Yesterday: exercise was 45 mins yoga + 1.3mi interval runs.
food: 1660 cals
eggs and toast and butter 340
Plum 40
Almonds 100
Grapefruit 80
Fish and veggies 200
Veggie tacos 380
Toast w 2 tbsp caramel 250
2 tbsp caramel 150
peachflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #102  

Peachflesh, I had the same thoughts about Psychic. I know I would long for hazelnut spread if I tried it. So it will remain on the list of foods I want to try but...
also thanks for asking. The scale is treatming me well this morning. I think my metabolism needed the boost. if I am careful today there will have been no harm. Good for you with the caramel. I bet it was delicious. another weakness of mine. I admire how well you exercise. You rock ! as do all here who are so diligent in their exercise routines.

Ian, still thinking of you. To be honest, my eyes got a bit leaky reading your post yesterday. I AM sorry.

Psychic, I had the same question as peachflesh. Are you in fact psychic? That hazelnut spread sounds delicious

Diana, glad you are recovering from the gastronomical adventures and mis-adventures of this past weekend. I totally understand how uncomfortable summer can be for those who live in warmer climates. While I ( living in northern Vermont) wait all year for summer, there are those in southern states who wait for the comfort of winter.

Today, or perhaps tomorrow I have to go to the Lake champlain chocolate factory to get more cocoa powder. They have samples. But I must say they are small. And people can only have one. Its likely I will go tomorrow rather than today.

I am very happy to see that my private messages and signature here are turned on.

Scale may have gone up a pound. or maybe a half pound from yesterday's popchips and cheese adventure. Thats just fine. I think my body does well with giving it a high octaine boost every so often. I may go back to that way of doing things and see if it still works for me. I do need to lose the final 2 pounds of what I gained in the beginning of June. But if I can do that, I will be back on maintence. I am hoping I never yoyo again as I did in past years. To get things back in control before they spiral out as in previous years.

I hope everyone has a great day and night.

Last edited by flower123; 07-08-2014 at 03:59 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Diana, welcome back! I, too, have regrets after I drink alcohol. I'll get a buzz for a couple of hours, and then I feel dehydrated and yucky afterwards. Wish it wasn't like that. Now I have to decide it I really want it.

Ian, I'm sorry things are as they are. Best of luck to you! Keep strong!

This is Day 35. I went on a brief vacation with hubby. It was great to see the Pacific Ocean and walk on the sand and play in the water. I miss it very much. I tried to be very good, but even though I tried to not overdo it, I feel bloated and not wanting to get on the scale. I guess the best thing is to keep going and not go backwards.

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!

Last edited by tyla; 07-08-2014 at 05:29 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #104  

Flower123 I am soo anxiously waiting for my signature line to turn on. I want to put my little tracker thing in it. It's such a quick and easy way to see how you're doing.

Psychic - I wish I could get that many steps in during the day. I'm chained to computer for at least ten to twelve hours a day and the other six is spent chasing an 15 month old around and doing housework. I plan on re-starting my yoga/pilates rountine next week AFTER I replace the stretch bands my kids somehow lost.

Diana - what exactly is "TF Fire 45 w/#1 hand weights". Sorry I'm new here and keep finding phrases and jargon I don't know yet.

Anyway, I love this board...it's so active. And here's my daily totals so far.

Breakfast:
Cup of coffee, with FF creamer - 1pt
1/2 cup of FF Cottage Cheese and diced up fresh peach - 3pts
total - 4 pts

Lunch:
3/4 cup of tomato basil soup -3pts
grilled cheese sandwich - 6 pts
crystal light - 0 pts
total = 9 pts

Supper (kid-planned)
1/2 cup of macaroni & cheese = 7 pts
hot dog with bun = 7 pts
side salad = 2 pts
crystal light = 0 pts

total: 16 pts

Snack: (planned)
Bag of 100 calorie microwave popcorn - 3pts

Daily total - 31 pts plus 1 weekly pt.

Not to shabby. Looking forward to weight in on Thursday.

Dakota
Old 07-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Syckgirlsfv We have always celebrated our events on multiple days, too. Good job on the bike ride.

Psychic I don't think I have ever had hazelnut spread. I probably don't need to, I have issues with other nut butters, so I'm sure I would over do it with that, too.

Peachflesh I haven't drank much since starting my weight loss program this time. Before starting this I would drink wine on Friday night and on Sunday while watching the Amazing Race. I loved to drink wine and eat cheese, crackers, and ham, etc. We would drink 1-2 bottles of wine on a weekend. Sometimes we wouldn't have any. I have noticed that in the last year or two that I feel sick and/or get sick every time I drink. Not sure what's up with that, so I guess it's best to avoid it.

Flower
I would love to visit Vermont sometime. I have always thought it would be a beautiful place. I can't tolerate cold weather. Even the cold we have is too cold for me.

Tyla
Sounds like you enjoyed your vacation. Normally I jump on the scale and face the weight gain immediately. This time I didn't. We went on a short vacation and I wanted to enjoy myself, which I did. I did my best to keep things in moderation. Of course I still had too much, but I got right back on track when I got back home. I agree, keep moving forward.

DakotaTrace
Good job on your day. Never worry about asking questions. TF = Turbo Fire They have a variety of length of workouts, TF 30, TF 45 EZ, TF 45, TF 55 EZ, TF 60, etc. The number equals the length of the workout, 45 minutes, etc. These workouts have a kickboxing flavor, so I like to use weighted gloves or hand weights.