3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Need some encouragement, celebrity photos

Old 06-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Loose skin on women is different than loose skin on men. There will be more fat layers on a woman's body than a man's body and some of that fat attached to the skin is just not possible to lose without surgery. (and not that I'm recommending that).

Really, I think if you work on more exercise and toning, you might be surprised at what you can do to your body. Just getting leaner will NOT make your body look perfect unless you get dangerously thin.

And, of those photos you showed? Those women are working out. And working out for awhile and consistently. AND... they are lucky - there's a reason they are famous celebrities. It's not just their acting ability that gets them the jobs.

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #17
100 lbs wifey

S/C/G: 140/100/toning and maintaining

Height: 5ft

I have stopped comparing my body to celebrities LOL I realized I dont have $30,000 a year set aside for "beauty" like Jennifer Aniston. I never had loose skin issues but I understand it can be very frustrating. I had a pudgy belly even after I lost a lot of weight, what helped me rid of it is changing my eating lifestyle.
FatNoMore03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #18

S/C/G: 216/132/120

Height: 5'9

I'm 23 years old and I'm still a virgin, so no I've never had children. The scar on my stomach is from a very bad appendicitis two years ago.
I'm squeezing my stomach to show you guys that it is definitely fat, and not loose skin. Loose skin should be papery and saggy. It's all fat on me. That little dip caused by my appendicitis surgery might make it look like loose skin, but I'm very young and my skin is still elastic.

You can barely pinch an inch on my mother's stomach even though she is 58 years old! Why? Because any excess fat on her is carried in her thighs.

@JohnP
Thank you, it's good to hear you think the visceral fat is probably mostly gone and its just subcutaneous fat that's still hanging on.

Start date: Sept. 2013 at 216lbs
End date: whatever weight gives me a flat stomach. I'm apple-shaped.
216: size 16 jeans, XL shirts
185: size 14
170: size 12, L shirts
165: size 10
159: size 8, M shirts
150: size 6
140: size 4 (can't find anything smaller in womens)
130: size 5 (juniors)

*Note: these are the sizes I usually fit when I try on things at Walmart/Kohls/JCPenny/Sears etc. ALL of them practice vanity sizing.
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #19
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 155/143/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Sorry, thought that was a c-section scar but whatever the case I seem to have the same problem as you.

novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #20

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

WHY are you comparing yourselves with celebrities? It is literally their job to look like that. They are millionaires who have trainers and nutritionists at their beck & call. It is not at all realistic to compare yourself to them.

Secondly, although I'm only a few years older than you I've seriously found that with age you start to feel better in your own skin - that is to say, the need for comparison dwindles and the drive to be the best YOU you can be, increases. Hopefully you will start to feel that way soon and you can feel proud of what you already have accomplished.

That aside, what is your work out routine? Perhaps that's where you should focus if you're looking to tighten some things up... Seriously though, you look fab and you should be very pleased with how far you've come.

If you change nothing, nothing will change.

Last edited by kaybee1 : 06-09-2014 at 05:57 PM.
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #21

It's not just celebrities. I see people all the time that are that skinny. Back when I was in high school, lots of girls were really skinny and you knew it because they'd often have a bare midriff in defiance of dress code rules.
I'm not planning on walking around with a shirt too short XD but I do know it's possible to be skinny. Look at the entire nation of Japan. I've been there twice and that really inspired me. 99% of that population is perfectly slim and trim. And they don't do anything special other than eat lots of veggies and rice and walk around a lot.

*Note: these are the sizes I usually fit when I try on things at Walmart/Kohls/JCPenny/Sears etc. ALL of them practice vanity sizing.

Last edited by Arwen17 : 06-10-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #22

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen17 View Post
It's not just celebrities. I see people all the time that are that skinny. Back when I was in high school, lots of girls were really skinny and you knew it because they'd often have a bare midriff in defiance of dress code rules.
I'm not planning on walking around with a shirt too short XD but I do know it's possible to be skinny. Look at the entire nation of Japan. I've been there twice and that really inspired me. 99% of that population is perfectly slim and trim. And they don't do anything special other than eat lots of veggies and rice and walk around a lot.
It's absolutely true that many people are thin. And you are thin too. Why are you comparing? If I were to compare myself to you because you're thinner than me what does that accomplish? Thinner people are not of greater value.

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #23
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Well i don't know if its true of all Japanese girls but i hear there is a lot of pressure on them not to put on weight. One woman i know here (around 45) is also very very skinny. It suits her as i've never seen her any other way, though i've never seen her in a bikini.

She does a lot of yoga and works in a shop standing up all day. I don't know how much she eats but i imagine its probably not really that easy.

The thing is unless you know exactly how much an individual eats and how much activity they do and what other physiological factors are going on with them, its really not possible to know how hard they are working at it to maintain their skinniness.

I know my sister pretty well. She's skinny and muscular. She works damned hard at it. Some of it is her job as a teacher, a busy lifestyle, a dedication to eating plenty of vegies and fruit, not much sweets but doing lots of exercise. The thing with my sister is that she is fairly naturally self-disciplined and has been doing her fitness really all her life except for maybe a few years in her late teens and early twenties. but then she was a smoker so that held some things in check as it did with me who is much less disciplined, more prone to overeating and under exercising etc. But my sister has always since we were tiny, been the more skinny one and i've been the chubbier one. Always.

Being thin is hard work for most people. Its possible but its hard work. And at a certain point, its not really worth it. There are better ways to achieve happiness and a fulfilling life. i.e. there are more rewarding ways to achieve it.

Ok let me put it like this, keep going, do what you can to get rid of the belly fat, but if or when you find yourself at a certain point getting sick of doing what you have to do to maintain the perfection, then don't consider yourself a failure. Rather realise that what your were aspiring too was beyond your body's ideal weight and work on accepting yourself at a slightly higher weight. I say this because if you keep fighting to be really skinny, you could end up fatter than you've ever been.

Why don't you show us some photos of how good you look in clothes.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #24
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I have the same exact problem (worse actually) at about the same height/weight -- except I don't have the benefit of being in my 20s, I'm 46. That's why I believe I'd have to be in the 130s to lose the belly fat, but I'm not sure I can sustain that weight. I haven't even been successful in getting under 140 yet.

Not sure it will ever happen for me.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird.)

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 06-10-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #25

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Its okay if you want to be 130. If that is your goal, great.

Now, celebrities and Japanese girls. They live in a world where overweight is not acceptable, end of. They don't eat a lot of food and they stay active.

Well, realistically, they don't do the things that get people up to 175, 200lbs, and beyond. If you are working on reversing the damage done by weight gain, be realistic - you are still losing. Approach maintenance with the mindset of keeping the lifelong habits that slimmer women have. Good luck.

Start: 145lbs around December 2012(*Baby born November 2012)
Mini-goal 1: 140lbs*Achieved January 20th, 2013
Mini-goal 2: 135lbs*Achieved February 18th, 2013
Mini-goal 3: 130lbs*Achieved April 8, 2013
Mini-goal 4: 125lbs
Long-term goal: 120-125lbs
Losing while nursing... slow and steady
Maintainer 2004-2009 & 2 babies & now losing from Nov 2012 - present

sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #26
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I can relate to the frustration of seeing other people have a perfect body and not feeling like yours measures up. Over the years, I've had times when I was obese and times when I was anorexic (not for very long though) and I've never been grateful for my body. As I've gotten older though, I've made a decision to accept my body for what it is because it's the only one I"ve got. Part of me is very vein and would like to look better, but most of me has now accepted that there are more important things in life.

I think it's hardest at your age because girls who walk around with skimpy little outfits and perfect figures get a lot of attention and it's definitely an ego boost for them, that's not something that will matter later on...not that it matters to you now, but I"m just guessing.

I agree that you should keep working at it as long as it makes you happy and feeling good, but most people have faults and find ways to wear clothes that flatter.

Ok, not sure if this post even makes much sense...I'm very sleep deprived. Just wanted to say that I get it and I used to feel the same way....and I honestly think you look great! Congrats on a job well done!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #27

Thanks for all of the good replies, guys. It always helps to hear a bunch of different opinions. It motivates me to not give up yet. Dropped 1 lb this morning after eating well the past couple days. 3-week maintenance rest break seems to have helped.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #28
On my way to -77!

S/C/G: 209/168.6/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I think, Arwen, that you are comparing yourself to people who have always been skinny or lean. There are skinny people with flat tummies all over the world and while I wish my body was like that, I know it never will unless I work out like a mad woman every day (and I mean it, you have to do more than Zumba and a few other exercises to get a flat tummy after being overweight). I'm okay with a bit of a pooch because I know that's a huge progress in comparison to what it used to be, but then, that's me.

Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulitens View Post
I think, Arwen, that you are comparing yourself to people who have always been skinny or lean. There are skinny people with flat tummies all over the world and while I wish my body was like that, I know it never will unless I work out like a mad woman every day (and I mean it, you have to do more than Zumba and a few other exercises to get a flat tummy after being overweight). I'm okay with a bit of a pooch because I know that's a huge progress in comparison to what it used to be, but then, that's me.
Charlize Theron, the beautiful actress in the first picture, gained a lot of weight for a role in a movie called Monster. And then she lost the weight after the movie. Granted she wasn't at that weight for very long, but she still did it.
That picture of me at 200lbs is the heaviest I've ever been in my life and I wasn't there for very long. I've always floated between 150-180lbs. AKA I've been 'chubby' for most of my life, but not that far away from my ideal weight and I'm only 23 years old. Surely, that is enough on my side to reverse the damage done.
Don't know until you try.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #30
Refreshed

One thing that has to be considered in weight loss is your natural body shape. I'm not suggesting you cannot work towards your goals, but maybe look for inspiration from those with a similar body shape to your own.

I will never have Cameron Diaz' body. I can weigh the same, be the same height, work out and eat the same, and yet, on my body, the weight will be distributed differently.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.