Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2014, 05:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

Default I'm back and bigger than before for the 80th time.

So over a year ago I became active on this site, did really well for two months then fell off the band wagon and off the face of the 3fc Earth. Since then I have had several start dates and start weights and grand plans only for them to never come to fruition. This last year has been really rough, a few deaths, a bad break up (and and eventual reconciliation). So I want to yell it from the roof tops that I'm back, and I'm 8 lbs heavier than my original start weight. I've been lurking for a few weeks then thought to myself...WHY?! I belong here. It's humiliating to be making this post again as it has been the last few times but I know when to tuck my tail between my legs and admit I can't do it without the support of the fine women (and men) of this website. I actually started my diet a week ago, and my first weigh in will be today.

I'm in a better situation than before. My grandfather is very sick so I came home to help take care of things and while this is terrible it presented me with a very unique situation that I will forever be grateful for. I have just graduated from college (YAY!) and my family here has told me that if I really really want to focus on getting healthy right now, I can, since I am caring for my Opa which kind of rules out me getting a job anyway. I will be going back to Chicago in about 7 months and though I will need more time to get to my ultimate goal of about 180, I feel like I can really use this time to my advantage.

So, hi again. And wish me luck I guess. I feel as though I'm in a perpetual unregulated boxing match with my weight and though I've gotten my *** kicked 6 rounds in a row I will still win if I can knock it the (bleep) out in this round.
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome back! It's very easy to just disappear when you fall off the wagon, but in the end, the best thing to do is confess your sins and stay here for the support you need. You are facing big changes, but you can do this!

We have all been in your shoes!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-02-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #3  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

You sound like a very caring person. Good for you for wanting to care for yourself! I wish you success on reaching your goal. Welcome back!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies. Another thing that really helps is that my brother who is over 400 lbs is doing it with me this time and we live together so we are very supportive of each other and what not.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome back! Most, if not all, of us have restarted many times so don't feel bad about coming back. Working with your brother sounds like a great idea. Good luck and I know that you can do this.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

If it did not work before just put it behind you, today is a new day and you will succeed specially if you have somone with you doing the same thing, now you are accountable to each other and it might make a big difference.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome back! I know I've been on and off many times (see my use name). You should be proud, not ashamed, of coming back to 3fc again. The average entrepreneur fails 7 times before succeeding. I suspect the track record on weight loss is worse. People who succeed are the ones who keep getting back up and jumping into the fray.

You might want to think about the last time and try to draw some lessons from it. What was easy/hard for you to do or keep up? Are there any things you can change to make it easier this time? Are there some habits that you can get in place over the next several months that will serve you well into the future?

Good luck with your goals and I hope you find something that works well for you!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Welcome back!

A couple platitudes for you:

Re: yoyoma's post above "if we don't learn from our mistakes, we are destined to repeat them"

And from someone's signature, I can't remember whose at the moment " Japanese proverb, get knocked down 7 times, get back up 8."

Wishing you much success, keep at it.

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! Glad you are here!

And I'll echo that we've all been there. Regain/restart is just a process. It's better than giving up! Hopefully we can all get it right this time!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #10  

Yeah I did some very serious thinking about what hasn't worked for me in the past and what has, and have formulated somewhat of a new plan where I'm trying to be a little more intuitive to my body's needs, as they do differ from time to time. Sometimes I think I'll die if I don't have a sandwich on bread, other times I don't need to eat as much as I feel like I should. I feel like a huge mistake before was trying to regiment myself instead of thinking "what do I feel like I need RIGHT NOW? Can I have it? Etc." Also being much less busy helps.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #11  
diamondgeog

If your brother is that weight now, most likely he is insulin resistant to some extent and it may run in your family.

For my two cents going low carb high fat was the best thing I ever did. It was the only way to conquer my hunger for good and my fat started melting away.

Research it, many resources at Mark's Daily Apple. It is transforming lives around the world.

The transition period is very hard but then...wow. Take your wildest imaginations at how good life can be at a healthy weight with no hunger ever. Multiply that by 10 and you might start getting close.

But research, research, research. Don't take my word for it.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #12  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome back! Lots of us have had to learn the same lesson multiple times before it sticks, or before we figure out the right approach for us as individuals!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #13  

That is already the route I'm going but I'll look into that specific link. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Welcome back. The only way you truly fail is when you give up. Take it one day at a time, and just keep working on it. I think most of us have been there once or twice, so we get it. If you fall down, just keep getting back up.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome back.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote