The Expense of being healthy.

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • In hindsight, I'm betting my boyfriend is the one saving all the money since our food changes. I've always been the one who buys most of the groceries, while he pays the bill when we eat out. Hmm. Maybe I need to re-work this arrangement!
  • I eat pretty much the same foods as I always have, I'm just not overdosing on a regular basis like I used to. I never ate junk, sweets, or soda to begin with. I also quit smoking and only drink once in a blue moon so I guess it's a wash for me too.
  • Quote: I eat pretty much the same foods as I always have, I'm just not overdosing on a regular basis like I used to. I never ate junk, sweets, or soda to begin with. I also quit smoking and only drink once in a blue moon so I guess it's a wash for me too.
    Congratulations on quitting smoking! DH and I quit, too, and that really saves a bundle!
  • I think it could go either way and that a person could definitely eat healthy or unhealthy on the same small budget.

I'm a full-time grad student. I was incredibly broke the past 2 months. I ended up eating less and very healthy during that time. I effortlessly dropped about 3 pounds of the 8 I had regained during the prior two years. I call it my Po' Diet. I'm considering marketing it in a book.

I'll soon be working full-time again. With the extra funds, I'll probably start buying as much organic meat as I can afford, so that will bump up my expenses a lot. But besides that, eating healthy doesn't really cost me more.