Stay at home Mom's #77

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Stay at home Mom's #77
    Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, humor and support. Feel comfortable to join us all newcomers and regulars as we share our lives while losing weight. Be sure to go back to SAHM's #76 to check up on what has been going on in our lives.
    Hope you are having a Great OP Day!

Ginny
  • Hi!!!!!
    Dh is standing right here.......so this will be short. Go to the Weight watchers thread and look under recipes.....and dessert. Someone there posted the angelfood cake recipe. I'm gonna try it tomorrow and will let you know how I fare.
    Got another walk in- 4 points of walking today and tomorrow is WI. See ya tomorrow!!!!!
    Ginny
  • Hi,

I made it back, but it sure take it out of me to just go to the DR. Anyway, the baby is growing and doing fine, but it seem that I have another bladder infection. Hum, I wasn't happy about that, since I just finished my meds. for my ear/sinus infection yesterday!?! Oh well, other than that, Dh, Ds and I toured the Maternity ward at the hospital today, and I did my preregistrations, so I'm all set!!!

Well ladies, I'm drained, I'll be back tomorrow!

Have a good night!
  • Good evening all!
    Mel I'm glad everything is going well with you and the baby. Sorry about that bladder infection, they are the worst. But it's good they discovered it because it can cause preterm labor.
    Ginny I think you are going to have a great WI tomorrow. Can't wait to find out.
    I did ok today. I was so excited about losing the 5 lbs that I ate a little more than normal. but I know I still stayed within losing range so I shouldn't worry about it. I didn't get a walk in today... kinda had a long day and just couldn't get myself out the door. But tomorrow is another day to start fresh and new!
    Well, I'm beat so off to bed I go. Hope everyone is having a great night.
  • Jen, Ooooo a concert - I haven't been to a concert in like 12 yrs. Lucky you! Great job getting the biking done , those first steps or pedals are the hardest!....Ginny, On the WW plan do you get to eat the extra points for the day if you exercise?....Melissa, Sorry to hear about the infection - I hope you're not too uncomfortable.....Spryng, I too always splurge a little after a good WI. Yesterday I was down 1# so I had a 1/2 order of grande nachos from taco bell. mmmmm good! Had a nice eve with family. We had a little grocery shopping to do, so dh took children through taco bell drive through while I shopped and then on too the park for supper. It's a real nice park with a little zoo and a lot of play things. The weather here has been just beautiful as long as swimming is not one of the things you want to do. It's a bit breezy for that. This weather came at just the right time though. We had been swimming almost daily for 4 weeks if the weather hadn't changed the children would probably be bored with that and if it was still HOT they'd probably be sitting on their behinds in the house and I'd be wishing for school! Have a great OP day all!

Kristi
  • Good afternoon!!
    Glad to see that most everyone made it over here............Jackie is still among the missing~ Hey, Jackie!!!!! Where ya hiding????We miss you!!! Ain't the same 'round these parts without you.

Kristi- sounds like you had a great day, between some great weather, a park, a zoo and not having to make dinner . Congrats on the 1# loss!!!!! You have worked so hard for this. Congrats!!! As far as WW goes, yes you earn "points" for the day by excercising. There are different levels of excercise- and of course that will help determine the true point value (so will how much you weigh- the heavier you are, the more points for the same duration of activity) but our leader (just as a means of standardizing for conversation) equates one mile of walking- at about 20 minutes of moderate excercise- to one point. So if you are walking at a moderate pace for an hour that is roughly 3 points. (as I said it is a bit more complex than that, but that is a good place to start!).WW recommends 1-2 activity points per day, and increasing that to 3-4 points per day as you approach your goal weight.

Spryng- congrats on the 5# loss!!!!!! I would not worry about one day over in calories.......you are doing great and still, just had a baby! How is Tanner??

Melissa- what a bummer~ another bladder infection??? They are so wickedly uncomfortable too- and as pregnant as you are!
    Have you tried drinking cranberry juice as a preventative? I used to be plagued by the dumb things- and found that 6 oz of cranberry juice at bedtime would rid me of an infection- if I caught it early enough. The cranberry juice (low pH) reduces the pH your system- and if you drink it just before bed the low pH sits all night and does the most good then. Big hug to you~ hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!

Got my 3.5 mile, hour long walk in this am....got good and sopping wet too as it started to pour halfway thru! I don't care, I was going to take a shower anyway and did not have to get wet first today . My WI was ok- I gained 0.2# (huh???)- but I made the WW stir fried green beans last nite- 1 point per serving- and they are awesome.......but high in salt. So, I figure that it was all the soy sauce used in that recipe. That's ok, I';; get even with that scale next week!

Gotta scoot!!!!!!!!! See ya later and have a great day!
    Ginny
  • Kristi.... so sorry about your bladder infection. I will echo Ginny's advice about the cranberry juice. Hope it clears quickly. Before you know it, baby will be here!

Spryng.... you are doing fabo! Keep it up!

Ginny.... Don't worry about the WI. You are doing all the right things with your diet and exercise. Sometimes, our bodies have a mind of their own, right? Hang in there.

I have been busting my butt all morning. The concert was awesome last night. But, every parent's worst nightmare.... the cell phone rang! The sitter was having a tough time with dd, who is almost 8 and does not like it when we're (or should I say I'm) not home. I am at my wit's end with this kid. I work nights (11p-7a) so that I can be home all day with the kids, and work while they're sleeping. Every night I work, dd is up 1/2 dozen times, crying and carrying on th dh about how she misses me. Last night was the first time she's ever done it with the sitter when we've gone out together. I try to plan special alone time for her and I, leave her things to remind her of me, etc. I just can't think of what else to do. I am really starting to get frustrated with her behavior, but I don't want her to know that. She is very sensitive and private, and doesn't like to talk about her feelings. I'm afraid if she thinks I am angry with her for missing me, she will shut down and never speak to me for fear that I will be angry with her. Any suggestions?

Whew, now that I have rambled....... I gotta get back to work. I am trying to get this house in order so that we can leave for vacation on Friday. I still have tons of laundry to do! And I have to work tonight, so that means I am no good for at least half of tomorrow. No exercise today, since I will be busy til dh gets home, and then need to get a nap in before work. No exercise tomorrow, either, since I don't get to sleep until dh gets home from work, at about 7pm. But, I am just trying to make good eating decisions. And I should get some hiking in while on vacation next week.

OK, back to work. I may not be around until after vacation, which would be about the 3rd of August. Hope everyone stays well!!!!
  • Hi!
    Just had a frustrating internet session with Dd..........about college majors, so I thought I'd stop in and say hello.

Jen, glad that the concert was great- but So sorry about Dd!! As of the moment I am not feeling creative about that kind of separation anxiety- but I do have similar with Dd (7)- she can really tuck in sometimes and just want to glue to my side. This will not help one bit.....but this phase she is going thru will pass- and believe it or not you will miss her attachment to you!
    Gotta scoot!!!!! Have a great vacation, Jen!
    Ginny
  • Hi ladies!

Just popping in for a minute to say Hi! I've been trying to rest, and get lots of water in me, since I'm having a few contractions again but nothing major!

Ginny, I have been drinking Cran juice but not before bed, hum maybe I'll have to do that!?! I've been having it in the AM, and it hasn't been working all that well? Luckily the bladder infection isn't too bad, it seem that it was just getting started up again, so maybe it won't get worse before it gets better!!! As for your gain, I'm sure you're right, it was probably the soy sauce and will be gone in no time and soon you'll be getting a star for losing 30lbs!

Sorry I haven't been addressing everyone, I'm just about give out, and this wooden chair at my PC is rough on the back! I'll try to check back again later.

TTFN
  • Hi!
    Just me again, in for a quick hello.

Melissa- oh, I feel awful for you. Try the cranberry at nite- it worked for me and I was getting an infection every other month.
    The Dr actually told me to drink it at nite, and I also read an article echoing the information. Do your best to stay comfortable, no easy feat 8 months prego and with a bladder infection to boot!!!!! Hope that you got your rest in and the contractions calmed down.

Now onto the pineapple angelfood cake........ I gave it a try. It came out well, Dh liked it ( my biggest critic!)- I found it a bit too moist, but I made it in 2 loaf pans instead of 24 muffins. That might solve the problem. This is what I did~

1 box angelfood cake mix (One bowl kind, I used Pillsbury. It needs to be one bowl kind.....I'll explain later)
    1 20 oz jar pineapple (crushed in juice)

Prepare the cake mix as described on the label, except use 1/2 cup of water - NOT 1 1/4 cups water as the box describes.
    Fold in the pineapple and juice. The cake/fruit mix gets a wee bit runny (that is why I cut way back on the water). Pour into 2 loaf pans or tins to make 24 muffins. Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes, checking to avoid burning and to be sure that the cake is done.

It comes out a bit heavier than regular angelfood cake- and I know I used the big can of pineapple (was all I had in the house!). I wonder if I used the small can......but then there would not be much pineapple flavor. With the 20 oz can of pineapple 1/24 of the mix (one muffin) is about 95 calories......2 WW points. ( my rough calculations).
    Nuff from me!!!!! Gotta go- have a great nite.
    Ginny
  • Ginny, great job getting that long walk in and thanks for the WW info. I too add a little extra something when I've exercise good, but not always. Alas, I'm one of those who has totally ruined her metabolism by dieting so my cals. can't go too high even with exercsie and still lose. Forget the .2# gain soy sauce is a killer for the water gain, but it does make veggies oh so yummy....Jen, Too bad you night was interrupted. I have no help for you since I never had child that attached after say 2 y/o. We own a convenience /farm/auto repair store and our children spend a lot of time there so they just naturally became very social. It sounds like you at least heard a good concert....Melissa, Take care dear....Me? I had a good day. I did an old Richard Simmons' tape and had a ball. It didn't feel like exercise. I guess I needed the change. My dd seems to have caught the biking bug. She wanted to ride after dinner again tonight so away we went. My sister owns a bowling alley in a little town 3 miles from us so we rode there and visited her awhile and had a pop. Then we rode the 3 miles home. So, I ended up getting a ride in after all, but with her along I really enjoyed it! I hope when she's grown we can be friends. Have a great night all.

WM 45--------BM 46

Kristi
  • Hi!

I thought that I'd stop in to at least keep a foot in the door at this thread! I've been extremely busy. Most of it is due to carting dd around to different activities. Thee Olde Wagon is sure getting some extra miles on it lately. Well gals, I'm pooped-so off to bed I go!! I'll try & sneak in later on Thursday. TTFN
  • Good morning!!!!!!
    Well, just a quick hello here....another busy day on tap.
    Jackie- glad that you are still alive, and sound happy- but busy.
    We do miss you!!

Kristi- good for you getting all that excercise in!!! I hear ya- sometimes we have to do something different so it does not feel like work. Glad that old tape did just the trick. And all that biking too. Gotta love those moments when you really like your own kids.....I sure hope that you can stay "friends" too! It is such a nice feeling.
    Gotta go - Oh, I did get a nice walk in- just 1/2 hour......but nice, nevertheless.
    Have a great day!
    Ginny
  • Good afternoon all!
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We were gone all day at the in-laws, took the kids swimming and I even got in too! It felt so nice. I counted that as my exercise for yesterday. i did really good on my eating also. Sometimes it is hard to stay OP at someone elses house but I did good. I ended up having a baked potato, fresh sliced tomatoes, a small amount of cottage cheese and green beans. So mostly it was veggies for dinner. But I was satisfied and it all tasted so good! Today I've been good too. I've had a lean gourmet meal for lunch and plan on roasting a chicken for dinner with broccoli and such on the side. Mmmm... feeling hungry already. I hope to get a walk in this evening too.
    Other than that I am ok. Been dealing with a little bit of hormones lately that send me crying or angry. I hate those. My Dh is trying to get into Truck Driving School and it's been frustrating to say the least. Class starts on aug 4th so we are running out of time. Plus that puts more stress on me because once he finishes the class (which is 4 weeks) he'll be an over the road driver and I won't see him much. He could be out as short as 2-3 days at a time or 6-7 weeks at a time. Ugh. But we need to get back on our feet financially since Dh has been off work for 10 weeks now. It really hurt our pocket book. So I'm trying to look at the pros of this job. PLus once he has some experiance in this field he can get a local route that keeps him home every night. Everything is temporary. But we have to get him in the class first. And my in-laws are driving me nuts. Nothing new there. Mostly MIL. She is so selfish sometimes and is so negative about everything. But anyway... that is another story.
    Sorry I can't get personal right now. I just jumped on to say hi and I hope everyone is doing good. I'll chat more tonight.
  • Hi everyone!

I dont have time to do a huge post but I thought I would pop in to let you know I am doing well!

My surgery was yesterday at 7:30 AM and I was back home before noon! The doctor didnt have to take my ovary and tube! (WooHOO) but it was a bigger job than he thought even going in thinking my those were my problem. The scar tissue from the 2 c-sections and my last Laporoscopy 8 years ago caused my bladder and uterus to fuse together. and the another part of my uterus was fused to the front of my pelvis. Now he was able to separate everything and remove the scar tissue and the endometriosis as well. He has a great prognosis that I will be pain free, but if I ever have the pain come back, I will have to have a hystorectomy. sigh.

Today I feel pretty good. I havent had to take the percoset at all (yet) but I feel like I did right after I had my kids, sore down below! But I can move around and do stuff which is good. I even went with mom to the grocery store just to pick up a couple of things for dinner. It was good to walk around a bit.

Jen - I remember you too! Welocme back... and I have to say I am SOOOOO Jealous. I LOVE BON JOVI! I couldnt get tickets when they were here in Seattle! But even my kids love them (5 and 7) DD is a Richie Sambora girl and I am a David Bryan kind of girl! Although Jon makes me drool too.. but gotta love those curls! In fact I have the Bon Jovi Screen Saver on my computer. LOL!

Ginny, Spryng, Mel, Kristi, Jackie (Good to hear from you!) I will try to post more later Sounds like all are doing well. I wanted to check in an let you all know how it went and that I am doing well!

Hopefully I will feel a bit better tomorrow. I need to get my feet up now...

Hugs!