Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 02:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Kristi you were posting the same time I was
I have done RS sweating to the oldies but it was hard for me to do since he doesn't tell you what to do, you just have to watch him. I think I get burnt out on exercise videos too easily. I have denise austins tapes and such and I used to do them regularly until I got my recumbant bike. Now I just love to take my walks (gives me alone time too) or ride my bike or lift my dumbells. Btu I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and got in a good workout too. I have those lonely stay at home mom days too all the time. It seems like everyone has an exciting life but me so I try to live vicariously through them lol Hey if you get bored you can email me anytime, I check it several times a day.
Well I think I will take that nap now (see? I'm very exciting! lol)
Old 07-30-2003, 02:31 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Spryng, That's so great that your little guy is allready doing cereal. I'll be hoping he pulls and all night sleeper for you as well this eve. You being post partum I would never recommend you walk 6 miles at this stage of the game. The 30 min. you've been doing or the 45 you're planning on trying sounds about right to me. I think it's awesome you've started in on exercise at all at this point! As for gaging my miles I live on a lef of a well known bike trail in WI, so my regular route has mile markers. For any place else I use a pedometer which I check against he mile markers from time to time, because my children tend to reset my stride distance and then I end up walking way more or way less than the readout says! It sounds like you're having a great day. I'm planning salad for dinner also, but with left over chicken I plan to zing up with a little taco seasoning! Bye bye!

Kristi
Old 07-30-2003, 08:21 PM   #48  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just me again. Sorry that you were having a lonely day out therek Spryng and Kristi.
I'm just here for a quick hello......

Kristi- don't get upset about being "way up" on the scale.
A few weeks ago at WW, Laura (group leader) was online with us waiting for our WI's and she told us not to be upset if we had a bad week. The body retains more water in humid weather.........guess that explains what happened to you. WTG getting all that walking in!!!!! Keep it up, you are doing great, and sooner or later the cooler weather will be here.

Spryng- good for you getting your walking in and eating well!!!
Guess little Tanner likes his cereal?! Well, if it helps him sleep better- and he sounds like a good sleeper anyway, great. (I only had one good sleeper, Dd #1, the others.......well it took them a while!) I'll get to that WW article tomorrow, ok?
I can't walk too late at night either, or I am up all evening- and I have night owl tendencies anyway........

To answer your questions.......I got up at 4:55 am to walk and it took me 53 minutes to cover the almost 4 miles. Yup, you guessed it right too, the judge gave us an hour and 25 minutes- I had my walking shoes on anyway..........changed my blouse to one for walking.........and walked the mile and a half to the Dunkin Donuts for a hazelnut coffee with skim milk! (one thing about me is I am predictable!!!) So, I guess today's total is almost 7miles- a new high for me, I think. And I still feel bloated.......but then TOM is just around the corner.
Gotta go take my Dd's buddies home (3 houses away)- have a great nite!!!!!
Ginny
Old 07-31-2003, 10:04 AM   #49  

Ginny, Great job! 7 miles is a lot of walking. You are so smart to plan ahead like that, many would've used hury duty as an excuse to cave into all kinds of temp. WTG......as for me, I'm still having like a lonely day. I wish it could be explained by TOM, but thats more than a week away. I think it has to do with completely losing the handle on kid chores once again. I do real good for so long setting up schedules etc. to have the kids help out and then I let it slide again. Lately they're not helping at all unless I end up angry over their messes then they pick up. It's not like I expect them to clean the comode or anything. Well, I'm tanting so I'll let you all go until I'm feeling better. Thanks for the vent!

Kristi
Old 07-31-2003, 10:34 AM   #50  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning!

Spryng - Did Tanner sleep with that cereal in his tummy? I did that too with DS (only I started it about 5 weeks) and it made him sleep longer streatches at night! Boy did I need that!

Ginny - Great job on the walking! 7 miles in one day is awesome! Boy.. I would be sore though after that! I am sure the walking is helping you with the stress of being on a jury too! I did that last summer. The case was about a guy and gal who were dating and when they broke up, he alegidly stole her dog (a bison frise). This was about 18 months prior. It was so sad... we mistried it because although everyone on the jury knew in there heart he did it, there just wasnt enough evidence to prove he did it... 36 hours of deliberation... and we were hung... so so sad...

Kristi - hang in there! During the summer I always have more up WIs than down. but the Down weeks more than make up for it with the water loss. The heat and humidity always make me retain water. Infact I refuse to get on the scale right now. we have had 8 days of record breaking temps in our area. My kids and I are sweltering at soccer camp for the 3 hours we are there!! even with 45 sunblock.. I have managed to get a little burnt too!

I am feeling a lot better today. THe soreness is only when I move the wrong way. I talked to the dr's office yesterday and told me that the swelling should be gone for the most part by next week. I am not to lift weights for another week at least, probably 2. I am going to wait until tomorrow to see how I feel before I head back to the gym though. even a short walk still winds me. BUT.. I didnt have to take the percoset lastnight! WOO HOO! That thrills me! I hate having to take drugs for pain.

well off to feed the kids then it is Soccer camp for 3 hours and then a birthday party right after.... sheesh.. the kids will be so exhausted! Me too! I will check in later!
Old 07-31-2003, 11:01 AM   #51  

Well hello ladies!!!

I don't know if you all remember me but I recognize a few names still on the board! My name is Tami, I have two kids..Tyler is 4 and Emma will be 2 in Sept. I haven't been to the board in quite a while!! I was doing really well with my diet and exercise and lost about 15 lbs and then I just lost all of my ambition! I have managed to keep 10 of the 15 lbs off so it's not all bad but I am ready to give it another try! We just turned our downstairs living room into an exercise room with a brand new treadmill, weight bench, and an exercise bike! I feel a little bit better this time because my dh is also in on it with me! We're trying to eat healthier and exercise almost every day! I think I have lost another 3 lbs since we started up again! Are there any challenges going on right now??? I would love to get in on one or we could start one! Anyone up for it???

Spryng---Congrats on the arrival of Tanner!!! How is everything going?? Is having 3 kids a lot more difficult?

Ginny-7 MILES????? Wow! WTG! I get all excited when I do a whole mile on the treadmill!!

Kristi--If you don't mind me asking...where in Wisconsin do you live? We live in Onalaska which is right near La Crosse.

I know I didn't get to address everyone but I will try to next time!!! I'm so glad to be back and am looking forward to getting to know everyone again!

Tami

230/227/???
Old 07-31-2003, 01:09 PM   #52  

Karen, It's good to hear your swelling is going away and most movement isn't painful!!! Thanks for the support, it's just so darn irritating when you go up 5# in 8 days!!!! I just feel this shouldn't be possible. It sounds like and the kids have a big day planned. As for soccer I sat at our local park last night and took registrations. Numbers were down, but a lot of people have gone to mailing their reg. form. I have been on our soccer board for 2 yrs., which means I ended up doing a lot more volunteer hrs. than the avg. parent and field complaints I can do nothing about most of the time. lol Definitely no glory in being "on the board"......Tami, welcome back!! I live aprox. 80 miles SE of you. The largest town close to me off the interstate would be Mauston, but if you would take HWY 33 you could run right into me. My family spent June 28th at the Holiday Inn Express right by the mall, because my dh and 8 y/o ds boarded a bus at Camp Decorah for a baseball game in MN. We were also at Chuck E Cheeses in July. My dh and I usually do the Olive Garden there whenever we can get away without the kids. We have a soon to be 10 y/o dd, 8 y/o ds, 6 y/o dd, and 3 y/o ds. I think it will be great conversing with someone who'll know some of the places I talk about. Write more and tell me about your children etc....Well, I'm feeling much better allready today. I don't knowwhat gets into me. Maybe I feel better because I set the kids to doing a few chores and managed to do so without blowing my top!! Now I have to decide on lunch. I love cooking, but I just wish for even 3 meals a week someone else would plan what we're going to have!

Kristi
Old 07-31-2003, 01:24 PM   #53  
soontobethin

Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is having a good day. Yesterday i did my 30 minutes of aerobics at home, then went and walked 2 miles at the track yesterday afternoon. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. Sorry this is so short, but I have to go. I will try to get on here later
Ricci
Old 07-31-2003, 02:52 PM   #54  

Good afternoon all!
Tami I am so glad you have joined us again!! I can't wait to get to know you better again also! And yes, having 3 kids now is definitely harder than with 2. I always thought going from 1 to 2 kids would be a hurdle but it is nothing compared to adding a 3rd. It's been a challenge but we are all finally getting used to it now. I finally don't panic when my DH has to go do something and I have to stay home with all 3. whew! lol I hope to see alot more of you now that you are back with us
Karen I am glad you are feeling better and able to wean yourself off of the pain meds. My DH was eager to get off his too after his surgery.
Ricci, sounds like you are right on plan too. Good for you to get that exercise in.
Kristi I understand how you feel about the scale going up and trying even harder with staying OP to get the numbers to go back down. That is what I am doing. Exercising everyday and eating even better so that next tuesday's WI will be better than this last ones.
Well ladies... I did well yesterday with my eating and got in 30 minutes of walking. I wanted to do 45 but my SIL went with me and she couldn't handle no more than 30 but I was happy to have the company Today I shoot for 45. Oh and Tanner was a dream again last night. I gave him some rice cereal before he went to bed and a nice warm bath and he slept 6 hours!! Got up and ate 4 oz, went back out for 3 hours, ate 2 oz and then went back out for 2 more hours!! I was so impressed!! It's amazing how far 1 tbls of cereal will help in that department!
Well, I need to get off here. Today is going good for me too. I had a slim fast bar for lunch so far and not sure about dinner. What all are you having??
Talk to you all soon!!
Old 07-31-2003, 10:19 PM   #55  

Hello ladies!

I just got done working out and feel great but hot and sweaty!! I only did 20 min on the tread mill and did some upper body weight lifting. I've been drinking water like there's no tomorrow! Although today I did REALLY good until dinner time! For breakfast I just had a bowl of raisin bran, then for lunch I had a little bit of mac and cheese and one hotdog with no bun, for a snack I had some reduced fat wheat thins....so not too bad but then for dinner I had pancakes and sausage!!! BLAH!!! What was I thinking! Then before the kids went to bed we all had ice cream!!! ARGH!!! I'm trying not to totally beat myself up because I know everyone has set backs!! Plus am I really going to go the rest of my life with out those things? I have to just eat them in moderation!

I think I'm struggling with some mild depression too maybe! I really thought that it was PMS and went to the dr and he gave me some medication to use (which I really haven't) but now it really doesn't seem to be just around that PMS time! Today was horrible (yesterday too). I have to find a way to relieve my stress a little better! EVERY little thing my kids do just upsets me to no end! Emma is a little stinker too so my days can get quite long!!! :-)

Spryng--So great to hear that Tanner is sleeping for such great periods of time!!! I don't miss those sleepless nights with a newborn!! Is your dh back to work yet or is he still home?

Kristi--Great to hear from another Wisconsinite! How is your weather where you are? Tonight we were having quite a few severe thunderstorm warnings and (even though I hate them) I was a little disappointed that we haven't seen anything YET!! Have you lived in Wisconsin all of your life? Hope to get to know you better and hope we have some great success to share!

Well, I think I'm heading to bed to read! BTW, has anyone ever read any Janet Evanovich books? They're the Stephanie Plum series...I'm totally addicted! Number 9 in the series just came out and I read that am now starting the series over again! If anyone gets a chance you should read them!!! I've got number 5 waiting up my room for me!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!

Tami
230/227/???
Old 07-31-2003, 11:21 PM   #56  

Good evening all!
Tami I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. I know how you feel though. I just went through a phase of it myself. For me getting out for a walk really helps. It gives me alone time for myself and allows me to think and clear my head. I really enjoy it. But I have days too that my kids get on my nerves to no end. They are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 and know how to irritate mommy. My dd, the oldest is pretty good all the time but my ds, the 2 yo is a typical terrible two and loves to test mommy and push her limits. But he's getting better these days. Just take a deep breath and tell yourself that everything is temporary... it will pass soon. Don't worry about eating bad either. Because you are right... this is a lifestyle change and it's gradual. There are days I eat too much or make poor food choices. What I am trying to do is not cut out anything I like...if I can make a low fat version of it I will do that but if not then I will have a little of it and try to work out longer. That's my main goal right now... to increase my exercise. I want to be able to eat normally but lose weight by more exercise. It's a process. i love to read novels too but I haven't heard of that author. Is it a romance novel?? I love Dean Koontz. I need to get back to the library and check out some more. But I don't know when I will have time to read them. Guess I should wait until Tanner is a little older and doesn't require so much personal attention 24/7. But I do hope tomorrow is a better day for you!! Oh and no Dh is not back to work yet. He starts truck driving school this monday, it runs for 4 weeks (until aug 29th) and then he'll be an over the road driver come september. So it will be big changes for us but good ones hopefully.
Well, I did really good today. I had that slimfast meal bar for lunch (do you ever notice how strange their chocolate tastes??) and made some cheeseburger macaroni for dinner (low fat of course) and got my walk in and I even added an extra block to it. It was really nice out there tonight. But I have a question... I feel good while walking but today my ankles felt really worked out. Is that normal?? I would think I would feel it more in my legs but no, only in my ankles. Maybe I have weak ankles that are getting stronger now. Hmm.... food for thought.
Tanner has been quite fussy today. Don't know why. He just wanted to be held ALL day long and if you put him down or anything is acted like he was about to die! He's down for the night now but boy do I hope he's a little cheerier tomorrow.
Well I am off to bed now. I hope everyone had a great day. And ginny I know you couldn't get to your WW meeting but did you get a chance to WI on wednesday? Just curious.
G'nite all!!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:28 AM   #57  

Tami, Sending good vibes your way in hopes of a better day today. Maybe you're just having a mid summer crisis ( you know the ole, "when does school start? "). Is there a chance you get a day away from the children. Sometimes all I need is a couple hours away from mine and everything goes back to normal......Spryng, WTG adding that extra block it always feel so good to push yourself just a little more. Remember for you just a little pushing though your bods been through enough!! I don't eat slim fast, but my mom does and she's a chocaholic I'll ask her about the taste......As for me, no walking yesterday, but I did do the R.S. dance your pants off tape. I got it from the library and I love it, but it has to go back today, so that's my plan for today too. Kids have been good, although a little whiny. That's probably my fault though, I have put no effort into taking them anywhere or anything this week and it's been so humid that we've been trapped in the house alot. So I will be doing the library and probably the pool. I still need to WI today to see how I did for the month overall and set my exercise goals for the month.....Ginny, Hope alls going well and your trials done soon.

Kristi
Old 08-01-2003, 10:05 AM   #58  

Good morning all!
Kristi I hope you get to take the kids somewhere. Mine get like that too. If they feel too couped up they start to act out so that's we we go to my MIL's house alot to take them swimming and such. Are you going to check out another workout video from the library? Our library is so small I don't think they have any videos. Can't wait to hear how your WI goes!!
Well, today I plan to splurge a little and eat out. I promise not to over do it but I haven't ate out in about 3 weeks!!! So we have some bills to pay today and I'm hoping my DH takes us somewhere to eat. Then I will get my 45 minute walk in tonight and we are having DH's neice come spend the night with my dd, so that should make the kids happy.
Guess I should get off here and get something done in this house before we go anywhere. Talk to you all later!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:52 PM   #59  

Spryng, We did get out to the library this morning and all the children are in a much better mood. As for you having a small library ask your librarian if you have an interlibrary loan system. This gives you the option of checking out items from many othe libraries in your state. I can actually access mine from my computer at home. This morning I put in an order for 3 dance exercise videos one of them being hula. I'm totally looking forward to trying this and getting them from the library you have no cost involved if you don't like it!!! I did have a good WI thanks for asking. I managed to lose 4# in July, which is very good for me so I'm pleased. I'm especially pleased because I haven't cheated to celebrate and still have not plans too!!! This puts me at 142#, exactly what I weighed lasr summer. Finally!Heres good vibes that your dh takes you out for dinner. Enjoy!!

Kristi
Old 08-01-2003, 08:32 PM   #60  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Gee, sorry that I missed yesterday........
I'm gonna start a new thread.......#78. See ya there!!!!!!!!Ginny
Closed Thread