300+ And Ready To Try Again....#375

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
  • Ok Thin you forgot to post.

Hey guys sorry I haven't been in sooner just been busy.
    I am still off the wagon somebody reach down and snatch me up.

Have any of you made the pop cake? I found the recipe on the ww site here.

I used yellow cake mix
    lemon lime diet soda 12 oz
    2 egg whites mix all and baked in a 9x13 pan.

Icing was
    1 small sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 small lemon jello sugar free
    1 cup skim milk
    1 8oz fat free coolwhip
    mix together and ice cake

Let me tell you this is yummy. You can use and diet drink and any cake mix. You caan leave the egg whites out also.

a serving is 1- 12th forgot the points.

well I'm off here catch you later Tina glad you are back
  • Oh Mary... that sounds yummy.
    Thin... thanks for starting the new thread.

Tina... WELCOME HOME !!! We were all getting worried about you. I am happy to see you had such a wonderful trip.

Well... I have been going gunho since last Thursday... and I am DEFINITELY TIRED OF THIS MOVING CRAP !!!
    I am getting rid of sooo much... but still have soooooooooo much still.
    Now my husband is getting overwhelmed with it all.
    He has been in denial and not packed a single thing until today.
    I forced him to go through his closet and he got rid of a TON of clothes !!!! I know I can make a couple hundred dollars just on his clothes alone. Big and Tall and Womens Plus sizes really sell if you advertise... the problem is... it is toooo HOT to be having garage sales. I may just open up the house for clothes sale only so I can stay in the air conditioning. LOL

I am headed to Missouri in the morning. Mom is doing okay... considering. I feel bad I can not be there more than i am... but this moving is taking up all of my time.
    Oh well... I am doing the best that I can.

I wish I had time to respond to everyone... but I only got ONE hour sleep last night. Hopefully tonight will be better.
  • Hey ladies

I've been catching up on the threads from this weekend. Glad to see Ms. Tina is back - I enjoyed your pics. Glad you enjoyed your trip even though you had car trouble.

Lori is RUNNING!!!; my knees (and my boobs) couldn't take it. Good for you.

Glad to see Amanda in here; I like your new pic; missed seeing your face.

Hope Barb is feeling better tonight.

It's motivation Monday; my motivation is all you guys getting in the exercise and staying OP. I'm trying!

I've been thinking about joining a gym; I think I would get more out of a gym than going to a weight loss program (I've joined WW umpteen times, plus I paid $600 to a weight loss center that went out of business). I know what to do to lose the weight, but I think my time and money would be better spent in a gym working this sh*t off me, ya know. There is a YMCA in the town where I work and a privately owned gym; they both have showers and I could work out, shower, and then go to work. I don't know the fees for the Y, though I think I'd rather go there since they have a pool and maybe a water aerobics program. The other place has a $25 registration fee, the program for singles is $90 for a 3-month membership and you don't sign a contract; but they don't have a pool. This place is also open 24 hours, but they are located near a sleazy section of town and I don't want to be near that place at night. My main squeeze is worried about safety in the shower, he thinks someone might break in on me. I haven't been to the "Y" yet to talk with them. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Well, I get to leave work early tonight , so I'm going to get started putting this paperwork together so I can get out of here. I'll try to get back in here and post replies tomorrow.

Have a good night.
  • TINA, DAHLING! WELCOME HOME! GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK! And thanks for the great pics!

2Cute: Sometimes I wonder if men live to procrastinate just to irritate us... I'm with you on the moving thing; when I did my last move, I couldn't wait till it was finished! (And I only had ME to deal with!)

We just had the thunderstorm from here, or I'd posted earlier; between that and having to catch up on all the reading on the previous thread from all you Chatty Cathys. Anyway, the lemonade klatch with the girls was great. Then I come home to find I white florist's box in my door, with a single red rose inside, with a card underneath:

"I'm sorry for my stupidity. Please forgive me. B."

Then it gets better.

My answering machine light is blinking. Well, I figure it is my friend Shayna calling to either confirm or cancel our shopping plans for tomorrow (she is great for being considerate like that), so I press the button...and here is a message, not from Shayna, but from Bri's brother Zack (whom I love to pieces, but wish he wouldn't call me "dude." But what the heck, he's 14):

"Dude! Mom wanted me to call you and give you the heads up that Brian's on his way to Pittsburgh! He's gonna be there probably sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon!"

WHAT?!!! IS THIS GUY OUT OF HIS GOURD?! Either this guy is totally stupid or he really is sorry. We'll see where this one goes from here. I can hardly wait
  • Hey everyone

I weighed in this morning, and it was good! I haven't seen the scale move that direction in so long, I actually had tears in my eyes. I'm down 3.5 lbs. from last week and a total of 6 lbs. from the first of the month!

DH wants me outta here so we can finish our date night. He took me to Pirates tonight. It was sooooo much fun! Enough to make me forget the smell of popcorn everywhere.

See you all tomorrow!

Andria
  • Great weight loss Andria; be proud of yourself girl!!

• Good morning!
    Andria: Congrats on your loss!

Welcome back Tina-your vacation sounded great, despite the car probs.

Lori: PLEASE keep us posted as to what's going on with Brian. Sounds like he's REAL sorry.

2 cute: Good luck with your moving. It'll be nice when it's all over

Hoping everyone has a super day!
  • Good Morning all!

Welcome back Tina, enjoyed the pictures, looks like you may have had fun, despite car troubles!

Andria, 6 lbs... yippeeee!!

2 cute: when will you ever be able to rest?? moving, and now going to Missouri...whew! you will deserve a vacation when all of this is over

I will check in later chickies, have a great morning!
  • Good Morning,

Welcome back Tina, your trip sounds good, despite the car troubles. That sure was a lot of oil to go through. Hope you got it all fixed up. Pic's are great!!!

Andria: you go girl.....dance your little heart out for that loss!!!

Connie: Nice to see you posting there chickee pooh. Glad all is going well with you. Keep up that positive attitude.

2Cute: My lord woman you need a vacation more than anyone I know. Hope all is going well, is the house all painted and papered now? Are you living in it or the other house still or inbetween both?

Mary: Soda cake? Sounds yummy, I will have to try that one. Sounds nice and easy and arn't we all out for easy.

Well girlies Im off to surf for a bit I guess, and I wanted to figure out the imaging thing....yet again?

Hugs,
    Sandy
  • Good Morning!
    Hi Chickadees!
    I hope everyone is off to a wonderful start today! I am feeling much better today. DH and I had a long heart to heart last night and got some feelings out into the open. We have some things to work on, but what marriage doesn't? Luckily we have not major issues, just little things that I let build up and bother me. He had to take the train into NYC today - hopefully he made it. He hit his snooze button until 6:30 and had to be on a 7:00 train. I haven't heard from him so I am assuming he made it.

I've got a lot of catching up to do. I don't have a lot of time now, but I'll try a little bit....

Mary - The pop cake sounds good. Cake is one of my weaknesses. I may have to give this one a try.

2cute - I know how hectic moving can be. Remember to take some time for yourself here and there! You can't do everything at once.

Connie - I am feeling better today. Thanks for thinking of me. I am right there with you on the gym decision. I have been debating between the gym which is less than a mile from my house with no pool. Of the Y which is about 15 minutes away with a pool. I am really the most interested in swimming so I am leaning towards the Y and I have a treadmill and some other equipment at home. Sounds like the Y may be a better place for you since the gym doesn't sound like it's in a great place. You don't want to have to worry about being safe.

Lori - I think you could write a sit-com about your life! I can just see you with your friends on the stoop every night having your drink and catching up on life. Then the men - yikes! I can't wait to hear about Brian! Jumping on a plane to fly 1/2way across the country since you won't return his calls. Sounds like he is really sorry and cares about you! Let us know how it goes today!

Andria - Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work!!!

Tina - Welcome Back!! I'm happy to hear that you all made it home safe and sound! Sorry about all the car problems! The pictures are great!! Thanks for sharing!

Homebound - I know you said your TSH is low and Dr. is treating with meds. Do you know much about high TSH levels? Mine is slightly elevated. Not enough to cause my Dr. alarm but I do have an appt. with and endocrinologist --- however I can't get in until Nov. I am just trying to find out anything I can for now.

A big HELLO to everyone else that I missed or those that are lurking around and not posting!

I'm going to have to get some work done now. I've pretty much goofed off all morning.
    See you around lunch time!
    Barb
  • Hi girls. How are we all doing today? I am having a great day. One more day of work and then 4 days of vacation for me. I am planning on laying by the pool and drinking daquiris. I can't wait! I'm trying to get Tom to go strawberry picking with me, even though I don't like them I figure I can mix em up in a smoothie or something. I'll convince him somehow, it just sounds like such a romantic thing to do.

Barb,
    I'm glad to hear things are going better for you. It sounds like you have a strong relationship, that's wonderful!

Andria,
    YOU ARE AWESOME! Great work on the loss, doesn't it all seem worth it now?

Lori,
    I can't wait to hear what happens next. It's like I'm reading a romance novel. But it's real! PHEW.

Dixie,
    I've considered joining a gym also. I found that I can get just as much workout at home and cheaper. I have some equipment that cost less than a yearly gym fee. The mini-trampoline was about 20 bucks, I have a QVC treadmill that was 100.00 bucks (easypay for 5 months) and a weight set for another 20 bucks. So with all that I have my own workout tailored just to myself and I don't have to deal with other peoples sweat or silly fees. And I don't have to drive anywhere, that helps tremendously with motivation. Just something for you to think about.

2cute,
    Take a big long deep breath. This will all soon be over and you can then relax. Hang in there sweetie!

Grannie,
    I'm definitely going to try that cake, it sounds wonderful.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm trying to eat celery and type at the same time. Ah, the price we pay for a healthy lunch.
  • Hi Gals,
    Where is everyone hiding today???

Natalie - Your 4 day vacation sounds wonderful - laying by the pool drinking daquiris! You could use the strawberries to make them. Enjoy your time off!!!

It's been a pretty good day here. Finally starting to feel a little more normal again. I just finished eating part of my lunch. I had gotten a cup of soup and a small salad and after the soup I wasn't hungry so I just ate the salad. Then I figure I'll just have something light at home tonight. I like spreading my eating out during the day. Found that it works better for me so I don't get so hungry.

Lori - I'm dying to hear the update on Brian showing up on your doorstep. Yes, I am nosy!

Alrightly, I am going to finish up work and head home. I'll stop back later!
    Have a good evening!
    Barb

Big Brother is on tonight --- am I the only one watching this cheap summer entertainment???
  • Hello chicklets
    Here I am at work and it is raining to beat the band.
    Food has been soso.
    Had to have my car worked on today. But at least my neighbor has a shop so I go to them.

Where is everyone today?
  • Hello ladies!

We just got back from the lake. We had so much fun yesterday that we drove back down there today (2 hrs each way!).

Yesterday, we took our boat (17 foot v-bottom fishing boat) and the dog down to the lake that is near where mom lives. We stopped by the cemetary to see the stone for dad. Very beautiful but was shock to see it written in stone. We got the boat unloaded without incident and tried to get the dog in the boat. This was our first trip with Bear in the boat. Actually, we've never had him swimming or anything. I had to push him in from the dock and then get in myself without falling in. Thank goodness, the lake was nearly deserted! He didn't know quite what to do other than he wanted to jump in after the spray. Try holding a 150 lb dog back! We soon headed over to the beach where mom and Hollie, one of my nieces was waiting. We let Bear off the boat and he had a blast in the water. He spent most of his time in the water up to his head. He'd swim some but didn't really like getting out where he couldn't touch. He'd try to climb up on us which was not fun! I swear he even pee'd in the lake. He doesn't hike his leg and once I saw him drop his butt down and he had that expression he normally does when you're watching him pee. Good thing it was a lake and not someone's pool! It was hot so it was good to have him and us in the water. We took a couple boat rides and just played in the water for a few hours.

We got all loaded up and headed for mom's house. We got about 5-7 miles from the boat ramp and I asked where my white bag was. The one with both our wallets, the cell phone and the digital camera along with other stuff. When I first got off the boat with the dog, I got the keys out and set it on the dock and went to get the truck & trailer. I didn't go back to the dock and no one else noticed it. DH said a few cuss words and turned the truck and boat around when he could and made a fast trip back to the boat ramp. I was about to die thinking of losing both wallets and our cell phone. Sure enough, it was still sitting where I left it. Again, thank goodness the lake was almost deserted.

We came home and went back down today without the dog. Only DH and I went over to the lake with the boat and we had a great ride. Although, that lake is bad for wind if you're not in a really big boat or a sailboat. We ended up swimming some because the water got too rough and then pulled it out. We didn't want to fry too much.

I think I'm going to try to take a few scattered days before the 20th of August to go back before DH has to start driving the school bus again.

Andria - Congrats on your loss!

Tina - Welcome home!

Everyone else, no time to properly catch up. Have a great evening and tomorrow! It will be hump day already. Woohoo!