Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #1  

Default 6kg in 6weeks?

Hi all!

I'm new to this site. I'm trying to lose about 6kg by the end of June/beginning of July as I'm going to a beach getaway with some friends and I want to look good in a bikini.

Current Weight: 47kg
Goal Weight: 41kg
Height: 150cm

I know I'm not heavy but I'm short and have a rather unappealing fat belly.

I have been trying to eat healthy and exercise for almost a year now, preparing meals in advance and even joining a boot camp. But I always go back to my old ways. I believe I have an eating 'disorder', as I constantly think about food and end up binging. I have learned to see food as comfort and a source of happiness ever since studying abroad. It's helped me cope with stress and loneliness. I am trying to have a healthy relationship with food now.

Any advice on how I should go about this? Anything I can do differently? Is 6kg in 6weeks possible for me?

Thanks in advance!
flabstoabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/146/140

Height: 5'2"

At you current height and weight, I don't think 6 kilos/13 pounds is going to be possible. To reach your desired 90 pounds, you would have to eat next to nothing in that time frame which no one here would recommend.
Try weight lifting exercises. It can reshape your body to your desired physique. Losing weight won't do this. You will still have the same percentage of body fat, even 13 pounds less unless you replace the weight with some definition-giving muscle. Especially when you are already so small. And most of those bikini models you see do significant resistance training. And you can definitely see a difference in only a month. Try youtube to properly learn the basics.
Abdominal moves won't spot reduce but they are essential to a flat tummy so start now
Earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

At your height you might be surprised what only losing a few lbs of fat will mean to your physique.

There are many many things you can do differently the key is finding something that works for you and is sustainable.

Also, you may not want to hear this, but you may have to come to terms with living a life with an imperfect belly. If that is where you're genetically predisposed to carrying your fat then you may be able to achieve a flat toned belly but maintaining it may be impossible.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

Check out a BMI calculator. I think you may find that your desired weight is underweight.

In any event, you are already at the low end of your weight range. It sounds like your issue is really more one of high body fat rather than weight itself. That is, you may be "skinny fat." I would suggest looking more into changing your body fat composition than losing more weight.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote