Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Default New Accountability Thread!

Hey guys,

It seems like ages since I have posted here!

Starting tomorrow, I am making a concerted effort to get my journey back on track. It was going great until I had to have my tonsils out, and after a few little mishaps there, I am now well and truly on the mend.

This sudden motivation came from a random message I recieved on Facebook tonight from a fitness instructor. Before I got sick (almost 2 months ago), I was looking into starting kick boxing and she ran it almost everyday. I had been talking to her about it, then I got sick and just forgot about it. Out of the blue, she messaged me tonight and offered me a free session, and it has been enough to give me the kick up the backside that I need.

I have noticed a big change in my mental state since I stopped working out. I have been stressed, cranky, miserable and down on myself about my looks ad it sucks. I had no idea exercise would have such an effect on my mood and my outlook on life. So bizarre. But it is the thing that is missing from my life and now I see how much I miss it.

Before I got sick, I had lost about 4kgs in 2 months, by working out and eating healthy. When I had my tonsils out, I couldnt eat much, although what I did eat wasnt healthy. Now I am better, my eating habits havent been great. I know its no excuse, but I have been sick, crazily busy and broke, and the 3 of those things dont leave me much time or money for healthy food and cooking healthy food for myself, but as I said, starting tomorrow, it changes. I would start today but its after dinner time, so its probably a moot point, but anyway.

I have gained all the weight I have lost and I am back at square one where my fitness is concerned, which sucks because I was really enjoying running. The idea of starting from square one again is scary but I guess we all have to start somewhere. The only good thing I can say for myself is that largely, I have stuck to my small portion sizes the last couple of months, especially when I couldnt eat anything.

I guess I am just looking for a little motivation. I will also be using this thread as a record to list my measurements each month, and will also try to use it as an activity log, depending on my time shedule.

Any tips or motivation you can give me would be great. I am a little disheartened. I knew I would gain weight when I couldnt exercise or eat anything other than jelly or mashed potato, but I worked so hard to lose the little bit of weight that I did and now its been for nothing? I am not a yoyo dieter, I have tried every trick in the book and the only thing that seen me lose a number on the scale was eating healthy and exercising, but I sort of feel that its all been for nothing, now that I have put it back on.

Like I said, any motivation would be awesome. I will put my measurements up tomorrow. Thanks guys
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Okay, so I am back again! The numbers are a little late, but here they are!

Current weight: 109kg
Bust: 48.5 inches
Stomach: 48 inches
Bum: 45.5 inches

I am back on track to continue with my journey. I have eaten fairly well for the most part this week, and I have kept to m portion size. I havent done as much exercise as I would like because I did a boxing boot camp on Monday night and have only just been able to move without wanting to cry. I am hitting the gym today after class, and will do some pilates over the weekend. I feel so much better for doing even the only boxing class this week; it will be a weekly thing for me, so I am not spending so much time in the gym, because it gets a little boring after a while.

I am fully recovered from my surgery, and feeling great! I am also happy to see that I havent gained all of my weight back, I am still 1kg lighter now than when I started last time, and while it might not seem much, mentally, it kind of helps me a bit. Looking forward to seeing some results after some hard work, I have missed exercise and have noticed a negative change in myself without it. I dont sleep properly, I feel agitated all the time, my legs cramp up because they arent getting used so much and I just feel generally unwell. Cant wait to start feeling better again!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote