Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Default I've been in denial...

I stopped using myfitnesspal for awhile and really think I was grossly underestimating how much I was eating I've been complaining for months that my scale isn't budging but I think it's because I'm actually consuming enough calories to maintain rather than lose. I got right back on track this week logging into myfitnesspal tracking everything. I have loosened us far as...if I want a cookie, well I eat a cookie! I just log it! I need to curb that a bit but I also don't want to spend the rest of my life denying myself of food pleasures on occasion. I feel like my clothes are fitting just a smidgen looser I'm just bummed because my scale is not working. I'm not in a position to buy a new one (finances are terrible!) so I'm sucking it up for now. So happy for the support here! I know all of you go through these struggles, and I feel so fortunate to have found this forum! Thank you!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/265.8/230

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hey, i was in denial once........or should i say i was procrastinating?.............oh well, cheer up, we ALL have our ups and downs. it WILL get better!

I have been back on my diet for almost two weeks now and i messed it up yesterday, totally binged! But hey, i am back on track today! thats life.

Just make up your mind to do it and if u fall, get up brush the dirt off and continue!
kimmy2tweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Been there, done that vealcalf--in fact, I'm intermittently STILL doing it. My diet (meaning way of eating) has everything to do with a drop on the scale for me as well. Take it from one who can be more than a little scale obsessed at times, it might not be such a bad thing to be without one. Honestly, if I were in the same position and could feel my clothes loosening up, this would take the edge not having numbers to self-evaluate/flagellate
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Height: 5'7"

Yup. Been there done that. Many times, unfortunately. I'm up 6-7 lbs as a result right now, but I'm thankful that I had enough sense to catch myself before things spiraled out of control. I feel very motivated to get the scale moving back down again. I was starting to feel really good about how my body was looking and now, not so much. It's amazing what a few pounds can do. I'm trying not to beat myself up to much, though, and just getting on with it.

Good luck to you. You've come a long way so you obviously know how to do it and I'm sure you'll get back to where you were before you got off track in no time.
Veloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Well just look at it this way. It could be worse. At least you know you were underestimating your calories. I have been weighing and measuring every thing that I can(which is just about everything), and rounding up when not sure, always under my total daily calories, and now, tomorrow will be a month of exactly no weight loss. NO cheats. Nada. Even with 4-6 days of exercise every week ( alternating steady state and HIIT, and lifting weights). I would be glad to have a reason! But that's awesome that you are able to realize it and get back on track. That's where I have always failed in the past. Keep going, because it sounds like you are on the right path to success!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:47 AM   #6  
~~

Height: 6'

Comeon Now VC.......YOU GOT THIS!!!! You can move beyond this and continue your awesome success!! We'll be your cheerleaders.....hey I may be chubby but damn Im cute

It's gotta be so frustrating to be doing what's right and see the scale stuck. Just know it isnt all about those numbers, it IS about YOU and how you're feeling and even looking. If you feel good...you WILL look good and the opposite is also true (or at least Im telling myself that too)

Stand Strong VC...you ARE on the right path
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #7  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Buy yourself a cheap scale for now. At least you can see a general direction up or down the scale is going. I like to use clothes as a baseline. Try on your favorite jeans notice how tight they are. When they are too big and you need a new pair, you know you have big losses. I also like to try on clothes that were too small and voila they fit and look great. That is the greatest motivator of them all.

Keep moving forward.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/155/120

Height: 5'2"

sigh - this has been the biggest problem of my weight loss journey.

accepting i have to eat less, not just eat right.

I started using myfitness pal and it scared me. It proved that i eat enough for maintainance on a good day and normally eat slighly more. AAARGH

I almost stopped using it - or lying to it. It took me a little while to stop the denials. i just hope i get used to this new level of eating soon. I know this is the right choice, but the shift is hard. My mind keeps thinking i need more food even if my stomach thinks it's well fed.
maddierep is offline   Reply With Quote