Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2014, 11:26 PM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Cranial correction!

Me and my family have a long road of fat and lazy and health issues.

My sisters and I are working very hard on correcting all of this and make a lifestyle change instead of a diet.

We've done quite well, but my sisters and I had one of those light bulb moments today.

It's not a diet, it's not a personal trainer, it's not running or lifting or organic or tofu, or what ever.

It's a "cranial correction"

My middle sister told me the thing I said, that stuck with her is, "your mind will quit, long before your body does!"

So, no more whining! Instead, "cranial correction!"

It's not an easy road, I know this!

WE can DO IT!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You're so right, I like the cute term! I started seeing a nutritional therapist who specializes in IE. She doesn't tell me what to eat or when to eat. Instead we focus on why I eat and how I eat. Instead of a diet she claims we are "rewiring my brain." It's kind of awesome to think of it this way. In essence we are changing habits, and learning new behaviors, and building a different relationship with food. It's not just about what you eat.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/146/140

Height: 5'2"

Yes, I agree with this philosophy. Isn't it funny how on each of our weight loss/healthier lifestyle journeys we each get these little epiphanies now and then?
Permanent change rarely happens through a diet as the modern world views the word "diet".
Sometimes it really is mind over matter! Or rather, mind controls matter. I guess.
Earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Definitely! Change your mind, change your life!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I absolutely agree, but I also believe that the physical component still needs to be addressed for the mind to do its job. For me, I couldn't learn to have a proper relationship with food while eating sugar and flour. Now that I've eliminated them out of my life, I can get my mind rewired, but if I had still continued with those foods, it would be an impossible battle. I have 27 years of struggling with it to back me up. This isn't true for everyone, but we're all different.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I absolutely agree, but I also believe that the physical component still needs to be addressed for the mind to do its job. For me, I couldn't learn to have a proper relationship with food while eating sugar and flour. Now that I've eliminated them out of my life, I can get my mind rewired, but if I had still continued with those foods, it would be an impossible battle. I have 27 years of struggling with it to back me up. This isn't true for everyone, but we're all different.
That's true for me, too.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-05-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote