Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #16  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

That's funny boatingmommy and Pixellate I'm just looking down and all I see is my belly and it seems bigger from holding on to some water still and in comparison to my smaller boobs, they're not popping out of my bra anymore I can feel my rings are tight. Both of you are right on, it has a lot to do with perspective

Last edited by kelijpa; 05-02-2014 at 11:25 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #17  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
For me? I have to measure to know for sure. (And it has).

Because if I just look down, with the shrinking boobs and arms and legs, it makes tummy look bigger than before. Even though it too is smaller. Just not as fast as other areas.

A.
This is so true. Well said!!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm similar to some of you - have big boobs and stomach -- in general a larger upper body than when compared to the portion waist below, although would describe myself 'hourglass'. I'm having such a hard time getting my breast size and ab size go down. I have gone down to a size XL after losing 30 lbs -- but the real story is that while the XL size seems to fit well, my stomach seems to be the same as it was 30 lbs heavier, and thus protrudes out of the shirts and looks bad. I went to Old Navy yesterday to buy workout clothes and ended up buying the same XXL shirt that I bought 30 lbs heavier! Somewhere I read that as the weight goes down, and body fat reduces, the stomach area will get better and love handles will get dropped. I hope atleast my belly shrinks to a large extent, even if it doesn't get flat. I wonder if my age has anything to do with it - I'm 42 now. Several years ago, when I was 37, I did some simple workouts each day for 1/2 hr and in 2 months lost 20 lbs -- that time I went down from 195 lbs to 175 lbs. And that time, I noticed a vast difference in my breast size and belly size. Somehow it is not happening the same way around this time. But I could be wrong too - because I am concluding things based on mere visual inspection and clothing size. I really hope I am wrong .
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #19  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

depends on the person, I'm sure. But for me, i have a pretty flat tummy (just with loose skin). take a look at my goal link and I have a pic of side tummy before and after. definitely a lot flatter.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskiss View Post
depends on the person, I'm sure. But for me, i have a pretty flat tummy (just with loose skin). take a look at my goal link and I have a pic of side tummy before and after. definitely a lot flatter.
kisskiss, you look absolutely fabulous! Your stomach has gotten completely flat. It seems to me that you have worked out pretty hard on the ab area, is that correct?
Old 05-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #21  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Yes, definitely. It's far from being flat as I am flat from my weight goal (and I don't think it will ever be flat), but it did shrink and it continues to shrink.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #22  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNomore71 View Post
kisskiss, you look absolutely fabulous! Your stomach has gotten completely flat. It seems to me that you have worked out pretty hard on the ab area, is that correct?
thank you

the first few months all I did was walking, then slowly started incorporating gym (elliptical and treadmill). It took me a long time (probably a year into losing weight) before I started really using weights and working on my ab area.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #23  

It's very nice of you to share your weight-loss secret, kisskiss. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulitens View Post
Yes, definitely. It's far from being flat as I am flat from my weight goal (and I don't think it will ever be flat), but it did shrink and it continues to shrink.
Yay! Now that's what I want to hear!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

No, mine will never be "flat." But I have a natural bump there sort to speak so it became less bulgy. I only once got it to where I would consider it flat for my body type.

I watched what I ate and exercised about an hour and a half a day (cardio) while doing strength exercises 3-4 times a week.

I have no where that amount of time now so I'll settle for less bulgy again. In fact that is my goal for May.
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #26  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yes. I have a smaller version of the exact same pot belly.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #27  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Yes. I have a smaller version of the exact same pot belly.
Exactly.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #28  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

If you are an apple shaped figure, it will be slower and harder to lose the tummy fat but it will definitely get a lot smaller. And almost disappear. Do not fret. Learn to accept the shape you get because few of us have ideal figures even at our best.

When you get smaller you can see whether your tummy bump is actually fat or slack musculature. And some of it will just be the genetic shape you were born with. The last can't be changed. But the others can be changed a lot.

make sure you take some pictures along your journey so that when you are smaller you will see how big the difference is and be appreciative of your success.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #29  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Have hope! I'm apple shaped and my stomach was huge when I started my weight loss. I was thrilled with how much smaller it got even though I did have a lot of loose skin when I was done.

Even though I've maintained it did become round once I hit menopause. Hopefully that doesn't happen to everyone or is a long way away for you!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:42 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
Have hope! I'm apple shaped and my stomach was huge when I started my weight loss. I was thrilled with how much smaller it got even though I did have a lot of loose skin when I was done.

Even though I've maintained it did become round once I hit menopause. Hopefully that doesn't happen to everyone or is a long way away for you!
That's sad.. after the tummy getting flat, it is not fair menopause made it round again. But as Pattience says, if that's what we will get, that's what it is. All those tight, cute shirts are dancing before my eyes... even though I won't wear attire that reveals my belly, atleast I want to get to that level my tummy won't show through the tight shirts! Let's wait and see!