• i am new to this site and i really need some help losing this weight. i quit smoking eight and a half months ago and put on way too much weight. to begin with i was 160 which was a bit too much but i was not really uncomfortable and felt ok about myself. then i quit smoking and began eating even more. i am now up to 190 and see no end in sight if i do not do something. i must say i do not miss the smoking anymore at all but am starting to get really concerned about the weight gain and i think i am using food as a subsitute which really takes the joy out of quitting smoking. so here i am an i need some help. any support at all is appreciated. thanks, mary
  • Maryann, You feel free to come over to Time for Serious Fun and check us out! Our thread is one of totally positive thinking when it comes to weight loss and all it involves! We have a topic for the day, a points system for staying on your program, drinking your water, and exercising with big hurrays from me each day, a current challenge to lose 10 lbs by August 31st and everything is at your descretion to join in or not! We have a lot of fun and I try to make losing weight a fun experience instead of one of dread!

Welcome to you and glad you are here!

Faye
  • Dear gma2one,

I saw your invite to your forum but can't find it yet. I'm new here too and really want to get this weight off. I need people to talk to about my efforts. Otherwise I just throw in the towel after a couple of days.

Please help!

Thanks.
  • http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=29464

there ya go =)
  • Mary... just one more WELCOME to 3FCs.
    There are soooo many great groups here... just start reading as many as you can... and when you find one that makes you want to post in it... just jump right in. All of the groups will welcome you with open arms. WELCOME !!!