Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 PM   #1  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

Default Back on track? Slip ups, and just plain failures.

So, I have to be honest with myself and know I have gotten out of control with eating again. I haven't been on a diet in months, though I do it for a day and go back to saying, "Well, TOMORROW! Tomorrow." Yeah, I can't do that anymore.

I need help, and I am so frustrated and bummed to know I've gained 25 pounds of the 150 I've lost. I need to check myself before I wreck myself. Have slip ups ever happened to the rest of you? What did you do?
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #2  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

First off, you lost 150 pounds!! You're amazing and I bow to you. There's no way a measly 25 pounds is going to get the best of you. It's time to get back on track. What's changed? Can you point to anything in your life that's causing you to eat more/have a less healthy routine?

A few years back, I needed to lose about 40 pounds. I lost it very slowly, over a period of about 14 months. Maintenance was pretty easy for a few years, but I had a small slip about a year ago, and a slightly bigger one recently. I'm about 10 pounds higher than I'd like to be. For me, a big part of it is I stopped exercising, but I've also been too careless about eating. Today, thanks to a surprise visit from friends bearing donuts, I ate way more than I intended to (about 1900 calories when I was aiming for 1500). And I don't even like donuts much! I'm feeling pretty frustrated with myself. I know that I just need to get back into a healthy routine. I think part of my problem is that I'm swamped with work and when I get overwhelmed I sometimes procrastinate with food, so I've gotta stop doing that. Right now, it seems hard to get back in the groove, but I know from experience that if I just force it for a few days, it becomes natural and easy. So I'm going to promise myself that saying "Tomorrow" is no longer an option. I've gotta make it "today." Starting tomorrow, of course. Maybe we can meet back here and let each other know how our Friday went?
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Slip ups are part of the journey I hadnt been on here long, maybe 2 months when I had my first slip up. I had lost about 7 pounds in the 2 months I was here, before I got sick and was told I needed surgery. I had my surgery on Monday, and after not being able to exercise for the good part of a month, I decided to weigh myself, only to find I have gained back every single gram of the weight I had lost. It is ok to feel a bit down or disappointed about it, but dont let that be your focus; look back on what you did, and where you changed the things that you were doing, recognise that it is those changes that have contributed to your slip up, and just start a fresh, knowing what makes you slip up, and trying to avoid them, living day by day. Congratulations on your massive weight loss, if you can lose 150 pounds, Im sure the 25 pounds you gained wont be too much trouble please keep us updated on your progress? The 2 week recovery period is driving me crazy, I miss the gym and being able to eat properly, I cant wait to start whipping myself into shape again!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Instead of feeling bad that you regained 25 lbs, be proud that you realized it before it became a bigger problem. Your before/after pics are amazing. You know you don't want to become that girl again. Think back to when you started this journey. What did you do? Did you track? That would help you become aware of everything you're eating and see what's causing you issues. Did you exercise? Get back to it again. Keep posting and reading the forums. Reading of the success of others will give you the encouragement to get this weight back off, because you know you can do it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #5  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldawg89 View Post
Slip ups are part of the journey I hadnt been on here long, maybe 2 months when I had my first slip up. I had lost about 7 pounds in the 2 months I was here, before I got sick and was told I needed surgery. I had my surgery on Monday, and after not being able to exercise for the good part of a month, I decided to weigh myself, only to find I have gained back every single gram of the weight I had lost. It is ok to feel a bit down or disappointed about it, but dont let that be your focus; look back on what you did, and where you changed the things that you were doing, recognise that it is those changes that have contributed to your slip up, and just start a fresh, knowing what makes you slip up, and trying to avoid them, living day by day. Congratulations on your massive weight loss, if you can lose 150 pounds, Im sure the 25 pounds you gained wont be too much trouble please keep us updated on your progress? The 2 week recovery period is driving me crazy, I miss the gym and being able to eat properly, I cant wait to start whipping myself into shape again!
"like"

btw, at least a part of your weight regain might be due to your body holding onto sodium and water. That's a natural survival response to injury, including surgery. I don't know the time period for it to reverse itself, but no matter---it sounds like you're recovering well, and still channeling your fitness motivation.

Wishfully: I can't add anything to the other posters who already said it. You've done an AMAZING job. The slips are part of the process. I've found it more motivating to keep negative self-talk to a minimum. Instead, try to be kind to yourself and curious about what's going on. Easier said than done, sometimes!

Last edited by mars735; 04-18-2014 at 09:07 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote