Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 06:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Talking 300+ And Ready to Try Again #374

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We Chat on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7:30 CST

WELCOME!
Old 07-20-2003, 06:36 PM   #2  

Hi Chickies!

What a weekend!!!!!!!!!! Glad it's over!! Didn't do much but read...trying to prep for school in Sept. Read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair.....good way to gross yourself out so much you won't eat! (This book later helped to create the USDA)

Anyway, that was my weekend excitement. Think I need to play Scrabble!

Deb
Old 07-20-2003, 06:51 PM   #3  

Talking Hello Ladies

Well, I did this great post with all sorts of personal replies, but the posting pixies came along and ate it. So I get to do it again. I started a new thread to boot. I know I have to post a reply or the posting police-aka Sandy or Peek will come get me. So anyway, things are okay. Nothing exciting really. Procrastinating housework, as usual. I need to get my butt in gear for the September move. I also need to bake some cookies for hubby's lunches this week. I will eat some, but I will try to limit myself.

Let me try this again:

Lori-Sounds like you had a blast. Congrats on the $100. Hope you use it for something fun!!! I agree with Terri-gay guys are generally great company.

Deb-I'm sorry you had family issues. Sometimes it is difficult because our eating isn't about just nourishing our bodies, it is so emotional too. Probably almost all of us here have that problem. We can beat it though.

JoeAnne-I bet the exercise really helped your blood glucose levels. We all test our limits some time.

Terri-I hope you have a great time at the lake. Allergies shouldn't be that bad out there I wouldn't think.

Jen-What a nightmare you had. Hope you get to go home soon and that all works out with your car.

Sandy-What can I say? I ya!!!

2Cute-Boy, I'm tired just reading your post about moving and painting. That wallpaper removal sounded like a !!! I'll be doing it all over the next month and in September.

Adrian-Hey good job on 6 days OP!!! Husbands can be a pain sometimes. Just him in shape.

Natalie-Hope you are having a good "me" day. (They need a smilie in a bubble bath.)

Pam-Hope you are having a great day!!! You are doing such a great job!

Mary and Lucky-Your posts were too short for me to have a reply. Hope you are doing well!!!

To all those that are on vacation or out of town hope you are having fun and staying safe.

To all those working hope you are getting it all accomplished.

To everyone else who is MIA GET YOUR BUTTS IN HERE AND POST!!!!

Last edited by PheonixRising; 07-20-2003 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:55 PM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Talking We're Back!

Hi Ladies!
We'll, we are back from our weekend getaway in Atlantic City. We had a good time and hubby manged to win a little bit of money playing blackjack. When we go down to AC for we don't spend all our time together because DH likes to spend most of his time at the Blackjack tables and I like to wander the boardwalk. So, I spend Fri & Sat afternoons walking up the boardwalk. Good exercise and fun to watch people and go into the little stores. All in all it was a good time, but now that we are home I am in a horrible mood and being so mean to DH --- not sure what is going on with me. I know I didn't get nearly enouch sleep last night so I hope it's just that I am tired. I hate to be mean to him, but sometimes my *****y-ness just comes out of me without meaning it! Oh - and when I was unpacking I realized I left my bathroom bag hanging on the door in the hotel. Luckily it was nothing that I can't replace, but I am going to call and see if they will send it to me.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I've browed through all the posts, but I will need to go back and catch myself up on everything!!!

For now I need to eat dinner and get some rest.

Talk to you later!
Barb
Old 07-20-2003, 08:35 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

Ok Ok I know I have been one of the MIA Amanda mentioned! She made me feel guilty!

I'm not gonna be able to post indidvidual tonight...have to give the crabby boy and bath and get a shower myself! Its back to work tomorrow!

Anyways...I do wanna ask Barb if she wants to meet next Sunday....since I couldn't seem to get Tina to make any kind of commitment to meet all of us here in the Philadelphia area...PM me and let me know !!

And to all the newbies...Welcome!!

OK gotta get going!

TTFN Michelle
Old 07-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Happy Sunday to all of you
Food is terrible I have fallen off the wagon big time
Hubby took me out yesterday after work and we went to Macaroni Grill I had a small cesear salad, a chicken ceaser calzonetta(I only ate 3 peices of it) and a belini coctail. plus the bread they have.
I ate a low calorie ice cream bar last night.

Today started out soso. I ate 2 strips turkey bacon and a bagel with lite cream cheese and skim milk.

Thats when the day fell apart food wise. I decided it was time I went to see mother at the nursing home. My son and I went and he decided he wanted to buy mom lunch so we stopped at a truck stop and what did I order?
A cheese burger and fries. It was good.
We went on to the nursing home and say mother. My brother sent her some photos of the baby. She was thrilled.
Afterwards son wanted to go to a mall he had never been to so we went and walked.
On the way home there is a baskin robbins store so we stopped and I got a large capachinno blast. So you see I have fallen and I can't get up. HELP

I am trying not to eat any thing else today but a peanutbutter sand is calling to me. I can hear it now.

well I've bent you ears enough so I'll go and try to be strong.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:22 PM   #7  

Evening chicklets,

All is good here. Food is a little too good (which means it is BAD!!) Acutally just today really, kids and I went to McDonalds for breakfast, then we ordered chinese for supper....way over limits. Tomorrow is a new day thank goodness.

Michelle: It's nice to see you post.....how is the boy anyway?

Mary: Tomorrow is another day in Mississippi too ...lol...keep your chin up....you can do it.

Barb: Glad you had a wonderful weekend and hubby won. He won last time too didnt he? What luck. Sorry you left your bag, maybe they will ship it to you.

Amanda: are you suggesting I would repremand you for starting a new thread and not posting? LOL....I havn't done that to anyone in ages....

Deb: Sounds like some heavy reading you did. Is it a book for school? I love scrabble...lol

Okay night all, Im headed to bed so I can start that new day all refreashed.

Hugs,
Sandy

Last edited by peekabooangel; 07-20-2003 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:53 PM   #8  

Talking I'm getting a jump on Things

I don't really have anything new to say, but I wanted to get a jump on replies. This way I won't miss anyone and I won't have to write a book to catch up.

Deb-We posted at the same time-that sounds like quite the book. I haven't read it. Maybe that is a good thing?

Barb-Welcome back. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Your hubby sure does have the luck. Sorry you are having a crabby day.

Michelle-I'm glad I made you feel guilty. Welcome back. Good to see you.

Mary-What are we going to have to do with you? Glue your bare bottom to the wagon seat with super glue? Seriously, sorry you fell off the wagon. I'm sure you'll climb back on soon.

Sandy-Yes you would come to get me if I hadn't posted. You and I know you would and know that you know how to find me. The only reason you haven't said anything to anyone in a long while is that no one has given you cause. See you have scared everyone into submission.

That is all for now folks.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:04 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm baaaack! Felt really bad about not getting to Curves on Friday before we left, but as it was, I wasn't packed by the time honey got home from work so we didn't leave until after 6:00.

We had a very nice weekend at my BIL and SIL's cabin in the woods. The guys took the guns up and did some target practice...."some" is the operative word here since that is ALL they did ALL day Saturday! My SIL and I went out, shot once and said "ok, did that. What's the big deal?" and went back to the cabin. Guess it's a GUY thing!!!!

They have a couple of ATV's so we went 4 wheeling on the property. That was alot of fun. The guys went fishing for a little bit today before we left to come home and SIL and I went rock hunting while they were gone. And the best part of the weekend?????? There wasn't much traffic coming home!!!! WooHoo!!!

I've read everybody's stuff, but am just going to start over from here, I think, rather than try to catch up with everyone. CONGRATS to all who deserve it!
Tomorrow is a NEW day for everyone that needs that message.

Jen: What a horrible experience!!! I'm so glad that you made it out of there alive!!! OMG!!! I can see why you're anxious to get back home. Please join us often. We've really missed you when you've been gone.

Lori: Aren't you sorta doing what you accused him of doing??? I'm not seeing where that's right either. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're having a good time, at home, with guys you can actually have a relationship with. But isn't your problem with Brian his lies and possible infidelity???? * BTW, what happened to the movie deal. Wasn't that supposed to start sometime this month????

Mary: Not sure what to tell you about your high school friend. I had some temptation many years ago, and really had to think it through before anything became of it and decided what I had was too good to louse up. Just be sure you know what you're doing, cuz playing with fire....you could get burned. [[[hugs]]]

Ok, it's not that I don't love you all, but I just got in from driving 5 hours and I'm beat. Gotta snooze! Tomorrow is WW and Curves. Catch ya'll later.

"When opportunity knocks at the door, most people are out in the backyard looking for four-leaf clovers."

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-20-2003 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:00 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally posted by thinthinker

Lori: Aren't you sorta doing what you accused him of doing??? I'm not seeing where that's right either. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're having a good time, at home, with guys you can actually have a relationship with. But isn't your problem with Brian his lies and possible infidelity???? * BTW, what happened to the movie deal. Wasn't that supposed to start sometime this month????
Uh... Not going to one blind date lunch with a lawyer that lasted less than an hour and to karaoke with two gay guys (like that relationship would go anywhere ). The rest of the time I've either spent with A.) My girlfriends B) The cat brats C) ME Plus...I didn't go through their pockets and break into their cell phone voice mails .....Anyhoo, moving along:

About the film, in all the chaos about head Brian, I'd forgotten to mention that production had been delayed till fall. Something to do with script changes and location problems in Atlanta. Kevin is supposed to let me know when things are back on track. Hopefully by then I will be even skinnier.

Today, DID I REALLY BREAK OUT! I went out to do my power walk and something inside me just told me to try to go a little faster. Now mind you, I have arthritis in my knees, so I am not usually keen on doing this, but today, I thought to myself, "You know what, Lori? THE HECK WITH IT! JUST TRY! Next thing I know....

I'M RUNNING!!!

Do you know how many years it has been since I did that? And I wasn't even huffing and puffing that much afterwards! My lung capacity must be building up big time....

Maybe in a couple years I could do the Pittsburgh Marathon Just a thought.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:56 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys... don't know if I can get to everyone who has posted since my last post... but I will try.

Natalie... I LOVE scrabble !!! One of my most exciting days was when I found the "Deluxe" model at a garage sale for $1.00 I am too cheap to pay full price for it. LOL

Andria.. 6 days on program !!!!! I am sooo proud.
Where do you get those Birks.... maybe I should try them too.

Pam... Ahhh.. a day of rest. I think your body will respond to exercise better if you give it a day off now and then.

Lori... I started reading at 11pm and see you posted at 11pm my time. This is tooooo weird. LOL
Congratulations on RUNNING !!! What progress you are making.

Terri.... did you have fun at the lake??? We used to go all the time... but not this year. In fact.. my husband has a fising boat and he has not even taken it out in a year.

Amanda... I love your new photo !!! You are a smart woman to be preparing to move NOW !!! Don't put it off. There is soooo much involved... after you think you have thought of it all. LOL

Deb.. You mentioned starting school... I have forgotten what you will be taking and where... if you told us. Fill us in again please.

Barb.. You sound like you are having one of my old mood swings. Not knowing exactly why you are upset... but upset just the same. Hang in there... and try to remember to not be too hard on DH.

Michelle... HI BYE LOL Need more to work with here. LOL

Mary... Temptation.... it is the devils advocate... be it food, money or men. LOL
Just remember... the grass is always greener on the other side.... but once you get there... the grass is always greener on the other side. LOL

Sandy... You and Mary both can start anew Monday morning with a fresh start.

Thin... glad to see you had a good time. We used to have 2 ATV's and they were a blast !!! Back then... where we live was more country than city... we could go everywhere.... now the city is trying to take over all around us. Get a good nights rest.

Okay... to everyone... I have mislead you by mistake.
I am not actually "doing" the painting or wall paper stripping.
I am packing... and running boxes back and forth .... and trying to close and fix up the old house and redecorate the new. I am working hard at "supervising" the work. LOL I am also getting a lot of exercise swimming too. I am being totally active all day .... everyday !!! That is a big change from my former days of sitting and hating myself for doing nothing.

Oh by the way... my bedroom turned out BEAUTIFUL !!! My living looks GREAT too. I was soooooo worried I was going to think it was too dark. I have lived in an all creme colored house for sooo many years. I think I am really going to like living in colored rooms again.
Okay... it is almost midnight now. It took me an entire HOUR to catch up.
I sure hope I did not miss anyone who posted since my last post. Sorry if I did.
Good night sweet ladies. Zzzzzzz
Old 07-21-2003, 01:25 AM   #12  

In my house growing up, we used to jokingly call Scrabble SQUABBLE. "That's NOT a word!" "Yes it is!" "UH UH!" "YES IT IS! LOOK IT UP HOLE!" And on and on....
Old 07-21-2003, 01:28 AM   #13  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I was seconds from finishing my post, and the power went out here! Short version was that I made the entire week OP, and I'm going to hurry and post this recipe because DH is home tonight and the kiddies are finally in bed.

Parmesan Vegetable Stir-Fry

Prep time: 15 minutes (took me less than 5)

1 T olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped (I pressed mine)
1/2 c. mushrooms, sliced
1 c. fresh spinach
1 T lemon juice
1/2 oz. (2 T) Parmesan cheese, shredded

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until done. Add spinach, toss well and saute very briefly. Sprinkle on lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.

Makes 1 serving

(per serving) Calories 275, Carbohydrates 22 gm. Protein 8 gm, Fat 17 gm, Sat Fat 0 gm, Fiber 6 gm, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 1189 mg

The recipe is especially cool on this diet, because 22 carbs are free foods as well as 100 calories. So, the entire thing is about a wash!

Going to post this really fast in case the power goes out again.

Andria
Old 07-21-2003, 06:56 AM   #14  

Good Morning Chicks,
Humm, I read the message on the first page of forums? I'm either really really blonde or lost? Are we getting a new format for the threads too?

2cute: You may not be painting and wallpapering, but it sounds like you are really really busy and doing your part too. A new home will be so nice. Have fun...

Amanda: Love ya chicklet, what else can I say?

Andria: The recipe sounds yummy. My hubby loves Spinich, so this one may work. Thanks

Lori: I too, like Thin thought you were going out to dinner at some point with some man? The lawyer was supposed to be dinner wasn't it? But plans changed? Not that its really any of my business, but you did post about it, so I figured you wanted up to post about it too? Sorry to offend if I did. Good luck in what ever it is you decide to do.

Mary: Don't know what you sent to Thin, but if its what I think it is from her response, remember to think things all the way through. I still see a guy at the store once in a while that I was in lust with in high school, we dated a bit, but nothing major. He can still make my heart skip a beat, but I would not trade what I have now for anything in the world. Good luck to you.

Okay girls, today is a new day and I will meet it like it is the first day of plan, maybe then I will keep my a$$ up here on the wagon.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 07-21-2003, 08:05 AM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking Cheer to start your day !!!!

Give me an L ...L
Give me an O...O
Give me an S ...S
Give me an E ...E
Give me an R ...R
Give me an S ...S

Put them all together and what do you have ???

SRESOL !!!!! SRESOL !!!! SRESOL !!!!

Brought to you by DAM ... Mothers Against Dyslexia

Let's do it Ladies..... lets all be BIG LOSERS !!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-21-2003 at 08:08 AM.
Closed Thread