Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Weighed in at 205.6 yesterday and then today back up at 206.4. I'll just keep on keeping on. My clothes are fitting well, and I know I'm not overeating so it'll happen. I'm also getting back to being consciously active. With the move, I was not hitting my steps (weird because I FELT like I was in constant motion...). But I'm righting myself there again. Hiking and exploring and just moving more. Some time next month, I'll start the gym

The most bothersome thing right now is my new scale, which is finnicky. I'm annoyed with myself for throwing away the directions. I'm constantly having to reset it (because I'm constantly moving it). If I don't figure it out, whatever. I'm not going to spring for a new one but maybe wait to see if the gym has one I can use. Until then, I'll keep fiddling with this one.

Ok. Back to no internet land.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #332  

Height: 5'5"

Scout83 - Just a suggestion on your new scale. I am the worst at keeping track of directions, but most companies put the PDF file for the instructions for their products online. Just try Googling the instructions using the product name as precisely as possible. You'll probably find the instructions for it. =) Good luck!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #333  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Found out from the doctor that I have low vit D levels and high cholesterol.. some changes are coming. Thankfully I'm now taking 50,000 IU of vit D a week and I'm already feeling better than I was.

As far as diet goes I'm trying to stay on track during my TOM, fun times. Also adjusting my diet and exercise a little. My doctor suggested Paleo at my appointment, now the nurse says to do high fiber low fat. I've been doing high fiber (veggies, fruits, oats, chia seeds, etc) but I don't want to switch to margarine and low fat yogurt from ghee/coconut oil and greek yogurt. I like eating the less processed foods. For now my plan is to stick with my paleo-light lifestyle (which I just started about a month ago) add more fiber and exercise, and if that doesn't affect my cholesterol I will rethink things.

Right now I"m maintaining around 201.8 during TOM. I've been hovering between 200-202 all month!!! I feel like I'm going a little insane, but weighing on the scale less is helping, I'm no longer obsessing as much, just making changes and living life. Time will pass eventually and I am getting healthier, even if the scale disagrees.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Claygirl, there's low fat Greek yogurt if that helps...I've eaten the Chobani 100's for the longest time because the proteins/carbs are fairly balanced while the fat is 0 and cals are...well, 100 They don't taste bad and are natural ingredients, though the ones with fat do taste better I have to admit.
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #335  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Thanks lesmillsluvr I will look into the low fat Greek next time I go shopping!

Still TOM so not weighing in right now.

I'm seriously considering joining a CSA at a farm 10 minutes from our house. The way it works is we pay them $38 a week for 12 weeks and we get a basket of the fall harvest every week ( all organic veggies, fruit, eggs, herbs, maybe meat too have to check etc). Ive never done anything like it before, but right now I buy a lot of that at bi lo, Walmart, or whole foods (sparingly due to prices!) I need to eat more veggies as it is, and it would be great to have a lot of fresh, organic options. I bet its cheaper than buying all of that at whole foods! Anyone ever done that before? I'm a little scared because its a lot of money $445 isn't chump change for us, but it might be really great! Thoughts?
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Doing my best to be "good" over the holiday weekend. I've got a real shot at breaking the 200 barrier at my next weigh-in and of course its a holiday cookout weekend HAHA Doesn't help the gym is closed for the long weekend either - but I managed to find a couple classes at the YMCA for today. Better than nothing for 3 days I guess.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day for those who celebrate!
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

LaurieDawn Great idea, thank you! Definitely looking those up.

I'm still chugging along. Still no internet but I realize checking in is a good, well a good way to check in. I went for a hike to day and feel great about it. Looking to keep my new active habits that I worked hard to build before I moved here. My eating is OK, not great. I'm not eating much in terms of quantity, but I'm certainly not getting in the fruits and vegetables I want/need. I'll hit up my first farmer's market here tomorrow.

Claygirl1518 I don't have any advice on the CSA as I've considered it myself but never pulled the trigger. If you do it, please let us know how it goes!

Best to all.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #338  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Claygirl1518

Glad to hear you found out some answers. Hope you can get things sorted out.

Are you out in the sun alot? Why is your vitamin D so low?

I have gone back recently to taking a multi vitamin and am starting to do calcium/magnesium.

I had just been doing a B comlex.

My hubby and I were going back and forth on the vit D, he said I should be getting plenty of sun with all my walking, I told him we should have some in a supplement.

Quote:
I'm seriously considering joining a CSA at a farm 10 minutes from our house. The way it works is we pay them $38 a week for 12 weeks and we get a basket of the fall harvest every week ( all organic veggies, fruit, eggs, herbs, maybe meat too have to check etc). Ive never done anything like it before, but right now I buy a lot of that at bi lo, Walmart, or whole foods (sparingly due to prices!) I need to eat more veggies as it is, and it would be great to have a lot of fresh, organic options. I bet its cheaper than buying all of that at whole foods! Anyone ever done that before? I'm a little scared because its a lot of money $445 isn't chump change for us, but it might be really great! Thoughts?
At first when you said $38 for 12 weeks I thought you meant TOTAL and I was going to tell you to jump on it cause it is hundreds and hundreds of bucks here.

LOL

$445

Yes I have been browsing websites too and it is alot of money. If I had the money I would do it.

I may next year if we are in a better spot.

What I wonder about is how much would we get and of what?

Try and figure out how much you spend now?

I have been trying to get some stuff here and there from the farmers market recently.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by Jasmine31; 08-30-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:08 PM   #339  
I AM healthy!

scout83

You'll get there! Just keep eating healthy and exercising.

Last edited by Jasmine31; 08-30-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #340  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Claygirl1518

Glad to hear you found out some answers. Hope you can get things sorted out.

Are you out in the sun alot? Why is your vitamin D so low?

I have gone back recently to taking a multi vitamin and am starting to do calcium/magnesium.

I had just been doing a B comlex.

My hubby and I were going back and forth on the vit D, he said I should be getting plenty of sun with all my walking, I told him we should have some in a supplement.

At first when you said $38 for 12 weeks I thought you meant TOTAL and I was going to tell you to jump on it cause it is hundreds and hundreds of bucks here.

LOL

$445

Yes I have been browsing websites too and it is alot of money. If I had the money I would do it.

I may next year if we are in a better spot.

What I wonder about is how much would we get and of what?

Try and figure out how much you spend now?

I have been trying to get some stuff here and there from the farmers market recently.

Let me know how it goes.
Hello, old friend! Great to see you on here! I have missed you! I still think of you a few years back when you decided to make the scale say what you wanted it to say, LOL. I never laughed so hard from a post on a message board in all the time I've been on the internet!

How are you? Need to catch up!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:21 AM   #341  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Hello, Wonderland. Just barely, but this morning the scale finally relented. 199.8. What a relief to finally arrive! I'm so happy now, knowing that each exercise routine; each calorie burned will just take me lower on the scale and closer to my ultimate goal. Thank God I've finally crossed the threshold.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:57 AM   #342  
I AM healthy!

Steelslady

Well hello there! Good to see ya! (HUGS)

Yes I am here again. haha

I will send ya a private message!

I don't remember that post. Are you talking about when I smashed the scale? HAHA Cause I remember smashing that sucker. I got a new one and it is being good.

Last edited by Jasmine31; 08-31-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #343  
I AM healthy!

worththeeffort2

WTG!!

Congrats!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 08-31-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #344  
Intuitive Eating & HAES

S/C/G: 290/244/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi, all. I'm a new subscriber to this thread, hoping to get unstuck and land just on the other side of onderland.

This summer, I was swimming along effortlessly with weight loss when progress stalled two weeks ago. The problem finally occurred to me: when my car was in the shop for an extended period, hubby drove me to/from work. Once I got "wheels" again, snacking opportunities called me from all along the sides of the road ... "Come on, you know you want to stop!"

Now that I've discovered the environmental factors that slowed me down, I'm trying to get back on track and use some gentle discipline to overcome them. One big change has been to revamp my ticker so that it reveals my actual weight (rather than just pounds lost). It's making me feel quite vulnerable, but I hope that this will help to keep me honest and accountable as I journey toward a size that feels right for me. Good luck to all of you, too.
PartTimeHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 281/198.5/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I'm new to the website, joined today. I started my life style change on August 11th by starting the IP program. As of the 28th, I've lost 17lbs. I am looking forward to getting to the other side of onederland!
kristinee1 is offline   Reply With Quote