Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #16  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Yay! I just did measurements. Scary stuff, but this time I wanted to get the measurements truly at the beginning and I got more to be even more accurate.

Like tummy sucked in and tummy relaxed - BIG different in measurements and I'm not talking "painfully" sucked in, but how I hold myself normally when I'm fit. When I'm fit I naturally hold it in versus letting it all hang out - but then and now it's a 3" measurement difference - interesting!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

For a very long time, that 200 mark was the "absolutely not I will NOT weigh that much." Surprise! I shot past it. I agree with you all... there's something very psychological about weighing less than 200 pounds. I'm actually flirting with the line right now (I tend to flux up and down) and am down below it today.

I'm committed... I do not want to start at above 200 pounds and then have baby weight to lose on top of it...

Hope everyone can meet their goal!
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/191/150

Height: 5'1"

What is it about Onederland that makes it so motivating? I started trying to lose weight a few months ago, and my longest stretch without the scale budging was right at 200.2. When I finally got to Onederland, I felt so fantastic and motivated! It was like I could finally realize that I actually could lose weight and drop BMI categories, it wasn't just a dream.
OwlBeRightThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #19  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Where have you ladies been all this time? I actually crossed over into that promised land almost 2 weeks ago. I have one foot in and am still shoulder-charging my way through the door. It's just not real until the 2 disappears forever from the scale, but that pesky number keeps coming back. I've become a synesthete, with the number 2 taking on the appearance of one of these in my brain:

I don't know why, but I will not feel successful at weight loss until I'm in that Land of Oneder. For Good. Part of the reason for that is denial regarding my highest weight, plus I have never been good at weight loss. That number has been a constant reminder of failure and other bad words I try to push out of my brain.

One fantastic aspect of OnderLand is that the shrinkage becomes more obvious and clothing sizes change faster.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #20  
Melissa

I think you hit it on the head with how it's easier to be in denial that there is a weight problem when there is a 1XX versus a 2XX. Very few people have ideal body weight in the 200s.

Of course, how far into onederland people need to go varies a lot. At 165 pretty darn close to ideal weight for me - body fat and everything. If were shorter and finer boned, 115 might be where I should be, but still no matter, that 2XX number is just a "I have to face the music" number. I cannot deny I've gotten too fat.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #21  
IBAlex

Hello everybody,

my name is Alex and I'm new to 3FC. I'm here to help you with any technical problems you might encounter on the site, working as a liaison between you and the tech team. I'm testing now the issue with disappearing posts that some of you reported last week. I'm writing this post to see if the same will happen with my post.

If you encountered the problem with disappearing posts please let me know about it on the "Announcements and Forum Help" , thread "Post disappearing".

Thank you!
Alex
Old 04-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #22  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

It's my first mini goal so count me in! Honestly even though it's so close I can smell it, it is a challenge for me. For some reason everytime I get near it I start to go in the other direction. Not sure if it's self sabotage or what but I am really tired of almost getting there!
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

I've been on my way to onederland for more than a year, lol. It is such slow going!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #24  
Melissa

Hey all! How are we all doing?

Do you have a goal of when you would like to get to onederland? Or is it "I'll get there when I get there?" (Nothing wrong with that either - scale heading in the right direction, is scale headed in the right direction - no matter how fast or how slow!)

My goal is by my birthday in December. I hope to get there sooner, but I will not beat myself up if I don't. This is a LIFELONG thing... not a quick fix.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #25  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Before my 30th, in early January. Before Christmas would be better though!

I don't want to feel 80 at 30. (I'm sure there are more than a few 80 year olds that are in better shape than I am at 29...)
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #26  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I'm hoping to get there by the end of April, but knowing my luck it will be the slowest three pounds I've ever lost in my entire life haha! But in reality, I'll get there when I get there. I just started weight training, so I know it's possible I will gain a little bit first. But man, that's a whole other mental battle...
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Onederland will be the first milestone for me. I'm hoping to reach it some time in June. I've been there and back a couple of times in my adult life. Maybe the third time's the charm, and I will finally be able to stay there. This year has been different for me because I'm eating more vegetables, reading all food labels, and have been scared away from many processed foods. I'm hoping these habits will stick in the long term. I don't crave sugar the way I used to which is a feat in itself.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Well, I was aiming for Christmas 2013 so...
Really though, I am losing just slowly. I would love to be 199 by this Christmas, but if not, then oh well. I am way healthier, I feel better, I look better and I don't feel like I am on some torture train. I have changed my lifestyle and I know I can live this way forever.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #29  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

I'd like to be there by end of April as well....I only have three pounds to get there but I know it will fight me tooth and nail, lol!
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #30  
IBAlex

Default Test message- please disregard

Hello everybody,

my name is Alex and I'm new to 3FC. I'm here to help you with any technical problems you might encounter on the site, working as a liaison between you and the tech team. I'm testing now the issue with disappearing posts that some of you reported last week. I'm writing this post to see if the same will happen with my post.

If you encountered the problem with disappearing posts please let me know about it on the "Announcements and Forum Help" , thread "Post disappearing".

Thank you!
Alex