Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #181  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

HELLO EVERYONE! Yes I know I yelled.

caskaran- I'm glad it was not as serious as you thought but, I did get a good chuckle. Sorry. I can relate. I really dislike the doctors. I always get some kind of bad news or drugs or beat down for smoking and fat. So, when I go I usually expect the worst. At times, I waited so long it was BAD by the time I got there. So bravo for being brave enough to go before it got horrible. I'm with you on the middle age health quest! Yay us.

Alaskan- Hi there. I'm in Minnesota and our prices are just about the same as yours. I paid like 2.00 for one funky zucchini yesterday.

gonna get there soon- Do it in SPITE of him! Good health is the golden ticket for when/if you ever have to "keep it moving" from your hubs.

Psychic- hang strong! LCD is hard. Being hungry is just not right.

Radiojane- Ok, maybe it was too much food but it didn't look like it was junky so...bravo anyway. You still my hero.

KelijPa- Thank you for the nod. By the way, I always want to have some of your listed breakfast. My mouth be watering while I read. LOL!

Miss Diana: (HUGS) from me and all the dogs.

Last edited by miniapplecocoa; 04-07-2014 at 08:27 PM.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #182  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
now you've got me curious about the prices in california, since you said they were expensive...i've always wondered how the rest of the country compares to where i live....for example, milk is $2.99/gallon here and gas is $3.79/gallon...bananas are .79 cents per pound...zucchini is $2.48 per pound...

ive never lived outside of AK so i'm always curious how the rest of everyone lives lol
Those prices are similar to CA. Gas is $3.89/gal, milk is $3.49/gal. Bananas are about the same. Zucchini is less. Since it is grown here it's pretty cheap; about $1/pound.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #183  
JUST TODAY!

oh and syckgirl, I was hoping you would come visit me in Minnesota, we still have snow on the ground. You would love it. Just kidding.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

berryblondeboys, congrats on your weight loss!

sychgirl, I like coconut water, too. Fills me up and gives me the electrolytes I need. Plus keeps me super hydrated. Didn't realize they sell it at Costco. Have to check it out. Oh, by the way, we were in LA on vacation when the earthquake hit. Not real close to the epicenter, so just felt a lot of rolling. Being raised in CA, they're are exciting for me. LOL Did you feel it?

Diana, how are you doing these days? Hope you're keeping your mind occupied to avoid sadness. Sending you tons of hugs.

As for me, the weekends are kind of hard sometimes. So Sat. was not the best, although I exercised for an hour. Sunday and today went really well. I had about 1400 cals both days, and also exercised 55 min. on Sunday and 35 minutes today.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #185  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Miniapplecocoa Something funny about Cody going in to be weighed today. I have been getting him weighed every month so we get the right heartworm/flea meds.: The office person called for a tech to come get Cody for his weigh in. She used his name and called over the intercom. I told her that she made a mistake by saying it was Cody because no one would come and they were skeered of him. I was waiting for a few minutes but not long. She looked up again and asked if Cody had already gotten weighed. I told her no and again that I thought they were skeered of him and wouldn't come out since she said his name. A tech finally came out to get Cody. I told her that she was the only brave soul back there and everyone else were skeered of Cody. She laughed and agreed that she was brave. At that time she took Cody's leash and proceeded to walk him to the back while he did aerial stunts and acrobatics. Crazy puppy!

183StGB Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Kelijpa Oh wow! He's probably little now! Good job on the weigh in!

Psychic Good luck getting back on plan today. I hope you enjoyed dinner out tonight. Congrats on the inches!

Berry Congrats on the 2.4 pounds! Keep up the great work!

Shr1nk1ngme Sounds like you had a busy day. Hope you were able to get it all done.

Radiojane I hope your vacation plans work out. Sounds like something to look forward to.

Gonna Get There Soon Today is a new day and I hope it was a good one for you. Sorry about that stress. Definitely make the changes for you.

Casakran
Hi and welcome to the check-in. Sorry about the health scares and stress. I can totally relate. I am in constant fear of the C word. Not a good feeling. Wishing you the very best.

CoolMom
Hi! I hope your day was a good one.

Alaskanlaughter Hi Good to see you check-in. Gasoline here is about 3.24 per gallon. I think I pay $2.99 for organic zucchini. I don't buy milk or bananas on a regular basis so I don't know about those.

Syckgirlsfv Good job on your day.

Thistimeitsreal Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Tyla Thank you. It sounds like you did well this weekend. Good job staying active.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #186  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total approx 1420 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 650 Calories
Pasta e Fagioli 130 calories
Salmon/broccoli dinner 520 Calories

Exercise:
KCM's Circuit Burn - combined workouts premix - weights w/#8's and boxing w/#1's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #187  
JUST TODAY!

Diana: That is an awesome story about Cody! I have a few like Cody, the trick is to grab the leash and run to the back like your going on a jog. You can't give the dog time to react. I hate when tech's treat a dog like a monster. They should be skeered. He knows! They should meet my Buttons he acts like someone is killing him if he is not within 2 feet of me. And he's mean and will bite. LOL! He's a bichon! Man I love dogs.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #188  
JUST TODAY!

Today we walked the complex 3times this AM. I think I'm gonna do it again in a few minutes.

I ate on plan today. I tried a new product. Vegan chicken salad by Dixie Diner. Yummy. Low fat and low carb.

I actually put back some wonderslim chips because of too many processes and had some pickles instead. Crunchy and salty. LOL!

I watched a video on YT by that guy that changed his habits by small increments. I forget his name but he's the guy who started his weight loss thing by doing one (1) push up every time he went to the bathroom and now does like 60 day. Its a ted talk. His book is "Mini Habits" Anyway...he said to cheer for yourself every time you do one small accomplishment and keep up the cheering EVERY time you do the thing.

So for today's eating and exercise, " I'm AWESOME!" Yay! LOL!

Good night everyone.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #189  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

tyla yes I felt it, it shook me out of bed! I had that day off and was still sleeping - I thought at first one of my cats jumped up on the bed
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #190  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Lot's of posts today! I like reading about your updates.

Today was a fabulous sunny day, that will change back to rain tomorrow so we made the most of it.

Food went on plan and calories ended up only 800 calories. That's an egg sandwich, coffee with milk, two giant bowls of bean soup and an ice cream cone from McDonald's. Crazy! I love my bean soup recipe for that reason.

Exercise was the boot camp class and then weight lifting with hubby. I don't know if I should be doing both on the same day. It was tough but I feel like I get more out of the class *and* I like the gym time with DH.

We also got the bikes out for a quick ride to the park with the kids. A good day was had!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:58 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/153

Height: 1,73m

yesterday's exercise: --
yesterday's calories:1300

good morning you guys

I did really well yesterday, I guess the scale shocked me enough to stay straight. I hope to be running today, but it's raining. I had a little operation done last week, so I want to go with a friend, in case something goes wrong. Not sure if she's up to running in this weather - but her motto is 'not made of sugar', so I have hope

thanks for the welcome, Diana.
Hope everybody has a great day!
183StGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:19 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I second CoolMom, lots of posts, like to read them.

Friday was a tiring day, not much done but wow I was sore from the bootcamp class on Thursday! The weekend went by too quickly, I was rather down on Saturday but didn't over eat. Sunday, went to visit some family and also didn't over eat. (They are healthy vegetarians so they always have delicious salads and veggies!)

Today I went to bootcamp class after work, then cooked up pan seared fish tacos. I marinate cod in some seasonings for half an hour, then pan-seared it. Yum, I only had two tacos made with corn tortillas. For my boyfriend I make the chipotle mayo/yogurt sauce. For me, I just used tomato salsa. That's why tacos are great, I can keep the SO happy with all his fatty toppings and I can enjoy them my way.

Today I was ravenous at 4:30PM. Since I was at WF at the time buying the fish for tonight, I ended up getting some grilled chicken from the hot bar.

Today I had:

breakfast: egg sandwich (egg whites / english muffin)
lunch: 1 tofu salad wrap (rice paper, lettuce, tofu, avocado, carrots, cucumer roll it up like sushi and they cut it up into 8 pieces ) - I'm currently addicted to these.
snack: dark chocolate 3 squares and strawberries
snack 2: grilled chicken
dinner: 2 fish tacos

That put me right over the edge of 1800 calories (from my mental math).

My strategy now is to find a good calorie number and try to stick to it. I know 1800 is too much for me but I don't like feeling hungry.

I think I might try to make my afternoon snack oatmeal.

We'll see for now it's my bedtime.

@Psychic I'm with you on not liking to feel hungry. I think we just need to slowly adjust (if you want to adjust calories down like I do) and I'm not worried, we got this. Whenever I have these worries, I just remind myself of turtles. I'm a running turtle, slow and steady but I always finish my races. (I tell myself about actual running, but I apply it to weight loss too!)

To everyone about the high prices! Tell me about it, I'm in NorCal and gas is about $3.98/gal and organic milk is $4.69/half gallon! Crazy. I only buy milk for my boyfriend. I drink Blue Diamond Almond Milk and it's 1.99/half gallon. I guess we even out on the milk type costs.

Also it was rather hot today! 85 and another high of 81 tomorrow. Oh well. I should enjoy it as it will not last.

I hope everyone has a good night!
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:52 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Better late than never for Monday, though I still feel that I'm slipping or that my appetite has been growing.

S: Nuts/raisens, cups of tea
B: Eggs with cheese
S: Chocolate bar
L: Two weiners & High fiber granola bar
D: Apple and Tostitos
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:54 AM   #194  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Made to through the snack attack last night...stayed about the same this am.

Diana that's funny about Cody's acrobatics, our vets has the scale right when you come in, Hunter gets all excited by the different smells,but is definitely better than when we first started bringing him there, I feel like there's hope he'll act semi-normal, but you never know, sometimes CrazyDog shows up, lol

miniapplecocoa I like the idea of mini changes, I'll have to look for that TED, I like to listen to podcasts when I have to walk inside, it's pretty boring. One of the guys I work with still has a lot of snow in his yard, they must live in a shady area, I'm really glad I don't live where he does, hope your snow melts soon, it was so cold and windy last night I thought I was going to wake up to snow, but only rained, thank goodness.

Have a great day everyone!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 AM   #195  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Oops...
B- grits, unsweet van almond milk, poached eggs
L- greens, sprouts, banana peppers, curry yogurt dressing, balsamic, smoked oysters
D-?
S- banana, 3clementines
E- depends on the weather
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote