Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Ian I remember reading about Hungry Girl's super sized oats and went to look for it. You can cut the amount of oats and calories while still having the same or more volume. Here it is: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newslette...-vita-surprise You can modify the other ingredients to make it work for you.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #77  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Diana. That looks like an amazing trick! I will try it tomorrow. Same amount of flaxseed milk, half the oats! What a winner!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #78  

Height: 5'1"

While I did well yesterday, today I went and bought a chocolate bar. I still haven't eaten it, but I hate that I bought it because now it's here to tempt me. Such an impulse buy!
jedesherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #79  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Lately I have been letting extra calories creep back in to my diet. A cheese stick here, an extra helping there. All healthy foods, but still extra calories. It might have something to do with donating plasma. I am taking the week off from donating so I can get back on track. I also think it's because I am semi-comfortable at this weight, but I really want to lose a bit more. Just a few more pounds to a "normal" BMI! Need to get my head back into the game for the home stretch!
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #80  
Trying to be in the 160s

Well spotted sh1nk1ngme and you should try to stop that. I went through a phase of that with my diet and while, like yours, my choice were healthy and did not cause a regain I did start to stall out.

My approach was to keep the extras for a little while (i.e. without adding more) and then to slowly cut them.

I have managed to get rid of most of my extras now and am even starting to cut some of the normal things on the home run.

It's tough when you are so low. At higher weights you have much more wiggle room. I miss that.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #81  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedesherz View Post
While I did well yesterday, today I went and bought a chocolate bar. I still haven't eaten it, but I hate that I bought it because now it's here to tempt me. Such an impulse buy!
I keep a case of Chocoperfection bars in my pantry. They are not low-calorie, but they are sugar-free and sweetened with erythritol instead of maltitol. The result is that it does not have the negative, ermmm, gastronomic consequences that maltitol-sweetened sugar-free chocolate usually has. And it also does not spike your insulin the way maltitol does.

They are an imperfect solution to cravings because of their high caloric content, but they are a much better cheat than a regular chocolate bar.

I only eat one a month or so. But they are handy to have around when I go out to eat. I eat my chocolate bar when everyone has dessert. Or at the movies when everyone is eating candy. That sort of thing. Keeps me on the wagon, so to speak.

Google them; you have to buy them by the case. The milk chocolate ones aren't as good; they have a weird mouth-feel, but the dark chocolate almond ones are the best!

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 04-02-2014 at 03:36 PM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #82  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Dropping in for my accountability before I head off to an exam-

B: greek yogurt (140)
L at the dining hall: 1 plain chicken breast, 2 side dishes plain cooked baby carrots, LOTS of fresh strawberries and watermelon and chopped lettuce, + some green grapes (750?)
D: small apple (55), raw baby carrots (135), vegan pad thai noodle soup w/peas added (215), blackberries and raspberries (90), spoon of almond butter (120), piece of dark chocolate (50)
S: half of a gluten free bar - 120

total: 1540

Last edited by Chronostasis; 04-02-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #83  

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shr1nk1ngme View Post
I keep a case of Chocoperfection bars in my pantry. They are not low-calorie, but they are sugar-free and sweetened with erythritol instead of maltitol. The result is that it does not have the negative, ermmm, gastronomic consequences that maltitol-sweetened sugar-free chocolate usually has. And it also does not spike your insulin the way maltitol does.

They are an imperfect solution to cravings because of their high caloric content, but they are a much better cheat than a regular chocolate bar.

I only eat one a month or so. But they are handy to have around when I go out to eat. I eat my chocolate bar when everyone has dessert. Or at the movies when everyone is eating candy. That sort of thing. Keeps me on the wagon, so to speak.

Google them; you have to buy them by the case. The milk chocolate ones aren't as good; they have a weird mouth-feel, but the dark chocolate almond ones are the best!
This sounds like a wonderful solution! I don't think they have these in Europe but I'll try to find something similar. Thank you. I am vegan so at least my chocolate consumption is always dark chocolate which is healthy in moderation. My problem is the moderation... I know if I start eating that I won't be able to ration it throughout different days. It's just too early in my weight loss to fall into this temptation. I put the bar in the back of the freezer, so if I think about it I'll know it doesn't really taste that good frozen up lol

On a better note I bought almond milk as I am trying to give up soy products (hypothyroidism). When I was in the US, almond milk was so easy to find and it was delicious, here it is expensive and there aren't many options which is annoying.
jedesherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #84  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening Everyone,

Exercise was a 30 minute boardwalk walk with my DD and 2 hours of painting and putting the bathroom back together. If the weather is good, I will start on the yard work, tomorrow.

Tried something new tonight Low carb, gluten free waffles. As hungry as I was, I could only eat one...I still struggle with eating enough food throughout the day, so dinner is my main meal, most days. I'm sure I've had enough calories today, but if not the grapes I'm sure I'll eat later will push me over

My lower back hurts from the two nights we've walked...I am so out of shape...we've decided to take it slow until we get used to it again I'm still trying to find the right shoes...this has been such a hard struggle since I lost the shoe sizes...but I won't give up.

Have a good evening everyone.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #85  
Trying to be in the 160s

Update on the oats. They look runny but let's see how they cook up for a second time tomorrow. Mine are steel cut so I cook them twice. I think I will need to try to find the sweetspot with the flaxseed milk. Perhaps 1/3 of a cup.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #86  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Ate out for dinner tonight. That's twice in the same week after being so frugal last month.

Breakfast: egg sandwich, coffee with milk
Lunch: skipped.
Dinner: beef pho (yum!)...and some of my son's tater tots.

Total cals 1234, and did my weight lifting today.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

1227 Cals. today.

Today was a hard one for me, because I had a few disappointments happen. It's funny, because when I'm disappointed, overwhelmed or sad I seem to turn to food to ease the pain. I knew I was coming here to report, which saved me. Thanks, Diana, for keeping us accountable.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We just got home. We went to visit our sick friend Danny. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

casakran
Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

tyla I'm sorry about the disappointments today. Good job staying strong, though. I had a similar situation today. After we went to visit our friend we went to eat dinner. It is so sad to see our friend that way. I felt very munchy after we ate. I really just wanted to dive into something to eat. It didn't matter what it was. It's so hard because I know I could have easily done that. I didn't though. Not an easy feat. It's like every day is a new and different challenge. Eating the extra food would not fix anything in the first place. (I know it would make me feel better at the time though. I haven't completely brainwashed my own self, yet. )

Total Approx 1290 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (520 Calories)
Savory cedar salmon dinner (Applebee's under 550 menu) 520 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Circuit Burn (complete program premix, weights w/8's boxing w/1's)
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #89  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Hi Everyone,

I always want to comment on what seems like everyone's post. I read them all and am cheering for everyone.
Kelijpa
Syskgirl
Ian
Diana
Tyla
Coolmom
Mamacat
Shr1nk and waterbunny, radiojane etc.
AND EVERYONE ELSE TOO! WOO HOO! Stay strong or don't, the the battle is already won by just showing up. One loss or slip or weakness never undermines the whole process. I see that there are sooooo many more "wins" on here, I am always encourage and in awww of all the strength. YAY! sniffle. Ok enough mushy stuff.

Last edited by miniapplecocoa; 04-02-2014 at 11:32 PM.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #90  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Today, I did not do any exercise. I groomed 5 dogs in 4 hours. woo I'm just too pooped. I did walk the dogs.

I thought I would do something different today.

Breakfast- wonderslim 100 cal shake and coffee

Lunch- wonderslim alfredo with chicken and spinach added(lean/green)

dinner- Konjac noodles with lots of veggies and teriyaki sauce.

wonderslim cran grape drink- snack

some wonderslim snack for dessert (not yet)

Still feel bloated and full. Only able to get in 1 ltr water. Officially.
I may have to nix the new progesterone or that stupid Statin drug. Still having physical tom symptoms ( 9 days) and lost about .2 in two days.

Humph. "Its always something"-gilda.

Good nite everyone!

Last edited by miniapplecocoa; 04-02-2014 at 11:29 PM.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote