Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #61  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

Psychic, It was the combo bad move. Literally! LOL! I am cracking myself up over here. LOL!
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #62  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

BBB I'm so glad you came back! I'm returning as well. You're right, you know how to do it...we're here to support you.

It was a busy day. I think I will end it like I started it with a bike ride. See you tomorrow, everyone.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #63  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi everyone!

Syckgirlsfv Ha Ha for me dark chocolate is still chocolate. LOVE IT! I bought some 85% or 88% dark chocolate squares (can't remember which). I have been able to enjoy one every so often. I'm sure I can abuse that too. I just need to be aware of things. Good job on the pound! Sorry about the co-worker drama. She sounds very difficult to deal with.

Waterbunny Good job checking in. Thank you about my hip. I am going to do a yoga workout that's focused on helping with back issues.

Noshoes Good luck! Wishing you the best to reach your goal for the month.

Kelijpa I have read this in a couple different books. It seems like when you give into those voices that you give in even easier the next time and the next. Not sure if it's true, but just keep that in the back of your mind. Keep doing the best you can and aware of what's going on with you.

Mamakat Good job on riding the bike. I love the new avatar. You have a very dramatic look about you.

Kaitie Keep working your plan. It will probably take a bit for your body to catch up again.

Psychic
Does any of the pizza places offer personal pan size pizzas? I feel unsatisfied when I can get the foods that I want and I have to eat something else.

Radiojane Good job on the .4!

Ian Keep working it and tweaking things.

Berry Hi and welcome back! I agree, you are back, that's all that matters. Just move forward from here.

Alaskanlaughter I bet you wee rockin' those new jeans!

Chronostasis Hi and welcome back! Great job maintaining!

Tyla Hi and welcome back! Thank you! I am going to do some therapeutic back and hip work tonight.

Miniapplecocoa Thank you. Ha Ha There's rarely TMI! We all need all the help and advice that we can get.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

Total Calories 1370 +

I totally enjoyed my salmon tonight.

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)

Grilled Salmon (400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ
TJ Ab Jam standing section
Old 04-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all,

Melissa and Mamakat coming back today has given me the last push of finally rejoining you all! I have been lurking the thread since January telling myself each day that i'd find the time and motivation to post. It took 3 full months but here I am facing the music (solarplant edition).

I have been struggling since about last November. To quickly recap, I lost just a little over 30 pounds the fall of 2011 when I first discovered that I actually could be a runner. I lost all the weight with calorie counting and couch25k and subsequent races (5K/10K/halfs). I was able to maintain my weight at 165 for 2 years then last October / November I gained 10 pounds. I know it was a combination of non stop work travel and well just falling off the wagon with self control, eating whatever I wanted, etc. I told myself January first I'd lose these 10 pounds but here we are at April 1 and no weight lost. I am holding steady at 175.

Most of my clothes still fit, if a bit tight which is good but it's funny how I went from being very comfortable and happy with my body at 165 to very not happy and too squishy at 175.

So here I am.

On the upside the one thing that has remained constant in my life in the past 2.5 years is that I am still a runner. I try to run a half marathon every month or every other month. I've mostly succeeded meaning that I have ran 24 half marathons up to now ( the next one in two weeks!) and have been able to do 1 full marathon (early 2013).

If anything, all this has taught me that running for me is here to stay and I am so happy that I can keep the motivation for running as a separate thing from all my weight struggles and the motivation or lack there of that comes with that.

So that's what's going on, 10 pounds to lose, let's see if I can get it done by June 1st. Slow and steady. Edit, ok maybe that's not that slow. I think July 1st is probably a better goal for slow and steady.

My goals for this month are to post here every day and to get back to exercising regularly 3 times a week.

Also I want to let you all know that despite my lurking the last few months reading this thread has really helped me and for that thank you!

PS. Updated my ticker to reflect current weight. It's really sad when you have to adjust the ticker up.

Last edited by solarplant; 04-02-2014 at 01:45 AM. Reason: loose and lose are not the same oops :)
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #66  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, feeling positive, even before the weigh in, it seems it has taken a few days for my water intake to make a difference, in the tmi category, I was up at least 3 times to pee last night.
156.9 this morning
B- grits, unsweet almond milk, poached eggs
L- greens, 5 bean salad (1/2 cup) small salmon pouch, Italian, balsamic, yogurt dressing
S- banana, oranges
E- walk at work, trail hike at home

psychic thanks for that, I don't know if I would have thought to look for the cups!

Diana thanks again, that's so true, much easier to ignore those voices yesterday than the day before and I feel back to me today, hopefully it'll last for awhile

Best to all

April is a great time for renewal
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #67  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Rodney Yee's Back Care Yoga (I did the first section)

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
Weigh In: 164.8
Down: .2

Have a great day!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #68  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1637

B - Baguette w/ Swiss and Ham + Coffee
S - Sweet Nut & Berry Munch
L - Buffalo Chicken Flatbread + Baked French Fries + Sliced Strawberries
S - 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
D - Fried Tofu w/ BBQ Sauce
S - Hi I'm Skinny Sweet Onion Sticks
Exercise: Treadmill (-20) + Elliptical (-115) + Strength Training (-40)

I've noticed that I do eat extra on the days I work out. I eat back the calories I burnt and then some. I have seen articles where it says you need to eat extra calories to build muscle, so I hope this doesn't offset my weight loss. My scale weight is now up to 178, but I am getting physically smaller and more toned.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #69  
Colleen

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Hello Everyone!

I am relatively new to posting on this site but I am REALLY excited that I have started this journey and i am looking forward to contributing to this post to help keep myself on track as hopefully help others along the way

Today is Day 2 of:
1200 calorie diet
60 mins of exercise
No Smoking.

Yesterday (Day 1) was MOSTLY successful - i was 352 calories over my goal but it was because I waited too long between lunch and dinner. Today, I am correcting this by spacing my meals out a bit better and snacking on my fruit/veggies in between meals. I did, however, exercise for 65 mins The other part that I struggles with is the smoking - i had 1 cigarette yesterday. Today I will have NONE!

Work is annoying me today. I love my job but there are some VERY annoying days - if people just did what I told them/asked them to do, everything would be better (just kidding).

I hope that everyone has a fantastic day and keep posting- I love hearing everyone's stories!
casakran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #70  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Diana - We live in the country, so no pizza delivery. We get those"take-and-bake" pizzas from the Walmart deli. Sometimes I make pizza from scratch or buy those LC microwavable spinach & mushroom pizzas. Its rare that I buy a pizza from a pizza shop with the toppings that I like.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #71  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 0.2lbs today. I felt bloated at my morning workout so I am going to try to reduce my breakfast, which I do like to take big.

My aim is to cut my oats in half tomorrow. I doubled them a while back to get an extra boost of energy but I also eat fish in the morning now so I think I have some wiggle room.

Anyway, calories today will be about 1500.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Vital choice sardines 11 180 19 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Conservas sardinillas 8 149 17 2
Ekone smoked sturgeon 3 123 23 0
Ekone habanero oysters 6 165 20 9
Cockles 1 50 8 4
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 52 1516 128 135
Weight 171.4
Protein/weight ratio 0.75
Targets based on weight Low High
Calories 2400 2742
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 34 51
20% less calories to cut 1920

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training before work. Will run 4.5 miles with a colleague at lunch (let's see how she does!)

Last edited by IanG; 04-02-2014 at 11:15 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #72  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Up 1.7 today, but that's most likely due to getting almost no sleep last night. I took my nephews over night, but the little guy wouldn't let me leave the room, and there was barely any room on the bed. Then the oldest woke us all up at quarter to five. Hoping it goes down tomorrow.

Yesterday calories were 1650
2 eggs cooked in butter
broccoli
cauliflower
greek dip
herring roll mops
shrimp and scallops

No exercise, except hauling in groceries and chasing children.

Will swim today, and I'm scaling my veggies back a bit to make sure I'm still in ketosis.

Have a good day everyone!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #73  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all! Well, the scale is up two pounds today and last night my socks left huge dents in my legs... One of the side effects of one of the blood pressure medicines they gave is is water retention. Yep. I would say so! I'm not going to change my ticker as it will probably keep rising rapidly until I can ditch that one blood pressure medicine.

Waiting to get the doctor's word to get my thyroid medicine filled. I'm not quite sure why she won't let me start taking the meds. It's not like it healed itself! She just wants to know what the level is before giving any meds... UGH... and it takes months for it to fully work, so every day does count, especially since it's raising all the other things that need to be brought down.

Looking forward to spring. Man was this winter hard!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #74  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

i had a very weird eating day yesterday...i ate my normal morning food and then my coffee after my workout...then i wasn't really hungry...i ate a few nibbles twice in the afternoon and came home after 6 p.m. and STILL didn't feel hungry and no head hunger either so i ate a few bites (literally bites) of dinner...i had 1 1/4 bowl of cereal before bed...so that was just odd...much lower on calories/carbs than usual...it was just very strange not to feel that head hunger
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #75  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

good morning people another water pound kicked to the curb!

I actually ENJOYED my accounting class last night...the professor is nice and he makes it interactive and has us working on problems in class, together, which is the way it should be! Just being lectured at for 4 hours at night is the best way for it to go in one ear and out the other I have another accounting class on Thursday nights, a different one. I hope that one goes as well

crazy coworker is at it again...boss came in to talk to her about a mistake she made on a check she cut, and her attitude was terrible! He had to ask her to confirm whether or not she was saying yes or no to a a request he made of her, because she just got such a bad attitude and mumble something unintelligible. She sure has nerve!

ok, onward with Wednesday!

B - 0% Fage greek yogurt/honey/almonds/pumpkin spice
L - kale salad/chicken breast/poppy seed dressing/dried cranberries and pumpkin seed
S - popcorn
D - I haven't decided on dinner yet...

going to do squats at home with DH tonight

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 04-02-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote