3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Join the June Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/294126-join-june-challenge.html)

worththeeffort2 04-19-2014 09:47 AM

I'm so excited! Starting the strength training routine at the gym has really worked to kick-start my weight loss again. Registered another 2 pound loss this week. That pleases me VERY much. The march continues! ;)

Cardio for me all weekend. I'm heading back to our elliptical machine, hoping now that I'm starting to be in better shape, it won't totally kill me. It's suppose to be a really efficient burn of a lot of calories and that's what I'm shooting for.

LRH 04-21-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summersweety (Post 4985119)
LRH, me too. I am glad I have a couple of months before I actually have to go get the clothes out. Although it was 70 here yesterday and now it's like 40 with flurries tonight. Darn New England weather!

I wouldn't mind the weather staying a bit cooler until I can get into a few more clothes. :D

Steelslady 04-21-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2b150 (Post 4980299)
:congrat: on your weight loss so far :high: I use to stall out often and was told to try calorie cycling since I counted calories and it worked. I haven't had any stalls in a while. I just go back and forth between the same few pounds :dizzy: Hopefully you'll see some movement soon :crossed:

I've been doing a modified version of Paleo with my youngest daughter- it did help get four pounds off, finally! Thank you so much for your kind words and help! :hug: I hope that you had a great loss this week! It sure was a challenge with Easter- I did very well yesterday, just a couple of treats, but stayed on plan for the rest of it. Hopefully, it will reflect that in next week's weight loss, lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheyenneb4u (Post 4980580)
-Steelslady- I'm feeling a bit stuck in one place too.. What kind of things work for you when you're having the MOST success??? AND, what things do you think are your biggest stumbling blocks/times/triggers ?? -- We can brainstorm together and see if we can just take one step in the right direction.. if we do that, that other foot will have no choice but to follow!

The best that works for me, believe it or not, is to simply switch diets around. High Fiber, Lower Carb, Paleo, Calorie counting, Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, and may try the Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise again during a future stall.

I recently switched over to a modified version of Paleo with my youngest daughter who wants to lose weight for her prom (we still eat some dairy), and finally, some weight is coming off. Bad thing about the Paleo diet is I am in the kitchen way too much, not enough time for exercise. I can see that I will be switching off of this diet soon- I miss my exercise time, believe it or not! I don't feel as good without doing it. :D

How are you doing? I hope you can find something to help you get your weight loss going again- it is frustrating to be so close to goal- you can taste it, but it can seem out of reach!

I also don't believe in going too low in calories. To me, it's not healthy and sets a person up for easier weight gain in the future. Hence, why I just switch diets around. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summersweety (Post 4984001)
Whoo Hoo! Lost 7lbs! I know that's not typical, and I sure won't expect it next week, but I am so happy!
I hope every one is doing ok.
Steelslady, I hope you are out of your stall. If not I am sure things will get going again soon. I have seen my share of plateaus and they always go away. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the encouragement! :hug: What an awesome loss you had- keep up the great work! :carrot:

I've been working hard at it, and this weight loss is slower than usual, but I also have a lot going on right now at home, and six people to cook for- 3 different diet plans to make every night. I feel like I live in my kitchen, lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summersweety (Post 4984003)
Found this on Dotties Weight Loss Zone

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Thank you so much for this!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: I needed to read it- it is absolutely the truth, too. I remind myself everyday- just one pound a week for three years, and I will be at goal- it's my mantra, lol. Still, it was nice reminder that the "only one pound" is much much better than no pounds lost!

love2b150 04-21-2014 04:53 PM

Steelslady it's great to have someone working with you in the house. It just makes things easier to me even if it's for a short time. My son says he wants to get in shape but everytime I look he's eating something and it's typically not diet/get in shape friendly. But he works out hard so hopefully it will all come together for him :)

Well since the 14th was my birthday I obviously forgot that it was only one day and continued it celebrate with all the wrong foods. I'd start the day off good and totally blow it. BUT no more, that's done and behind me. Today starts my new GET IT RIGHT journey and so far today has been totally OP. I will see a loss next week for sure ;)

LRH 04-21-2014 08:10 PM

Well since the 14th was my birthday I obviously forgot that it was only one day and continued it celebrate with all the wrong foods. I'd start the day off good and totally blow it. BUT no more, that's done and behind me. Today starts my new GET IT RIGHT journey and so far today has been totally OP. I will see a loss next week for sure ;)[/QUOTE]

Rennie: Belated Happy Birthday! I went off the rails on my b-day recently (two birthday cakes, hello), but you know, I'm not sorry. I'm back on it now and doing well. I enjoyed it all!!!

love2b150 04-21-2014 10:03 PM

LRH, Happy Belated Birthday to you also :hug: There were two cakes here also, thank goodness for kids and one made me feel ill so it was easy to resist. I was mad at myself at first, but once I got it in my mind that I can STOP the madness and I did it TODAY :D, I'm fine :) I'll know next week if I'm doing better or not ;). :congrat: to YOU for getting back on track :high:

Summersweety 04-23-2014 04:00 PM

Steelslady, glad you liked it!
LRH and Rennie Happy Birthday!!!!

LRH 04-25-2014 08:02 AM

Thanks Rennie and Summersweety! Hope you're having a great week!

Cheyenneb4u 04-26-2014 05:58 PM

I came in like a butterball.... All I wanted was for my weight to fall... (Ooops... those lyrics just are n twerking are they? )

love2b150 04-28-2014 08:42 AM

Thanks SummerSweety :)

Thanks LRH, I had a horrible week (food wise). I hope your week was great and this week is even better :)

Cheyenne I don't know anything about twerking but all I want is my weight (scale numbers to fall) also. I feel like I haven't accomplished much of anything this month. I hope I can end the month with a smile :)

I ate everything I could think of and the scale kept moving up then yesterday after reading on Saturday about a 5:2 diet I decided since I had had a ton of high (over) calorie days I would try the low 500 cal day. I still went over but I lost the bloat and am back to my 162 that I was on the 7th so I am happy. Two pounds to lose by 4/30 to make my goal :crossed:

Cheyenneb4u 04-28-2014 08:41 PM

Wow... 6 weeks in and I'm the SAME as the start!! 5 weeks to go ... Will I drop anything at all ?? I'm feeling discouraged!

LRH 04-28-2014 09:13 PM

Cheyenne: the same is ok. Don't be hard on yourself. You're holding steady. Sometimes that is a victory in and of itself. :hug:

love2b150 04-28-2014 10:12 PM

Cheyenne what plan are you following? I hadn't hit a plateau but the scale was going in the wrong direction. I read something about a 5:2 diet, talked to another 3FCer about JUDDD, and hear a lot about IF on here. Yesterday after several crazy eating days that had me going up and up on the scale I did a low cal, low carb day. Went to the gym and burned quite a few calories on the treadmill and today I loss all of that water that I had seen on the scale. I say give it a shot just to kick start your weight loss again.

LRH you are so right, sometimes staying the same is a victory in itself. But I would feel discouraged also if it were me.

Hoping we all have good weigh ins next week :crossed:

Cheyenneb4u 04-28-2014 11:56 PM

I'm not on a specific plan... I am a vegetarian not for dietary reasons but a personal preference to not eat animals! It makes following certain plans a bit more tricky ... I've not heard of the 5:2, JUDDD or IF... I'll have to google all three.. Maybe what I need is a plan of some sort to help me have a boundary.. right now my day is like an eating free for all and I think If i just wish hard enough maybe I'll lose a few pounds!!! - thanks for the outside perspective, helps me to think more clearly about what I'm doing! =)

love2b150 04-29-2014 07:41 AM

Cheyenne, The 5:2 diet or fast diet I saw a thread on MFP about it. I think it's big in the UK since most of the sites I found had UK at the end. JUDDD - Johnson Up Day Down Day diet I learned about from shr1nk1ngme on here she has done very well with it. It's basically has the same concept IMO at the 5:2 diet. and IF is Intermittent Fasting, there are several threads on 3FC with regards to that. The all seem to keep your body guessing and I am sure if you search IF on here there may be a vegetarian thread. As a matter of fact I think shr1nk1ngme is also vegetarian. Do you log what you eat on any site? I use MFP to help show the nutrients of what I eat especially sodium, carbs and protein. If you're not using a site that will give you the break down you may be amazed at what you thought was healthy isn't. or you may find that you aren't eating enough, idk. I do hope that you break your plateau this week, you are so close to goal :hug: