Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Well.. I fell off the wagon and now I'm back

I used to frequent these boards often. I wanted to lose about 40-50 lbs and I did manage to get 20 of it off. Then I went into a rut. I slacked off and gained 5 lbs. I got sick.. needed, scheduled and had surgery 5 weeks and 1 day ago.

Now its time to get myself in gear! I began by walking this morning. I went 1.5 miles at a fairly quick pace and then I walked another 1/10 of a mile slowly to wind down.

I have began eating properly again as of yesterday.

Ladies.. I really need to get this weight off. After the c/sect birth of my 5th child in 1999 I weighed 178 lbs and stayed there for 3 years before losing some of it. Now I am at a steady 152 and I want to be 130. I am just miserable with the way I look and how my clothes fit.

I am going to try my best to get myself back on the ball and stay there to get these lbs off! I have a trip coming up in 6 weeks to visit an old friend that I havent seen in 14 yrs ( since I was 18 yrs and 115 lbs) and I really want to look good before I go.

Its good to be back.
Hugs,
Debbie
Old 07-16-2003, 06:09 PM   #2  
The ever shrinking woman!

good luck to you, wow you sound exactly like me!

I was 177 after delivering my last child. Then I got to 157, gained back 8, to 165, then I decided enough!

my goal was 145, then I hit 140, then 130....and you get the idea. now If I could just hit 120 I will have gotten to my ultimate goal! =)

I fall off the wagon all the time, haha, so I know exactly what you mean. I wish I had better suggestions for ya. I guess my best one is that I force myself to work out, and force myself not to eat terribly, then when I do it, and I see results, like today : I got on the scale, and I have FOUR to go! that feels so good, so everytime I feel like saying screw it, I remember this feeling right here... Hold onto the good feeling it gives you when you work out, and eat good, and see results, and do not forget it.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:20 PM   #3  

Debbie,

Feel free to join us at Time for Serious Fun here on support. I started the thread to have a place to go that is totally positive in its outlook on weight loss. We have a great time so check us out! We would love for you to join us and we have a young woman in just about the exact same situation as you!

Faye
Old 07-16-2003, 08:50 PM   #4  

Glad you decided to come back!

Wish you lots of luck! We'll be cheering for you!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:25 AM   #5  
The ever shrinking woman!

oh, and don't leave when you get results, stick around, I am finding more and more this board is giving me so much motivation!

I plan on sticking around when I hit my goals, if nothing else to just read all the positive attitudes around here, it makes me want to succeed, as well as help others to succeed in any way

so stick around !
Closed Thread