3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Impulsive Eating

Old 03-21-2014, 12:26 AM   #16
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Magical i think that is a very brilliant thought. You can't have any excuse for putting food in your mouth if you are wearing a face mask. But because they tend to be unpleasant to wear i bet its not something you could do for very long but it might be enough to get her out of the habit of just picking up food and putting it into her mouth without a second thought.

Serenity compulsive eating is different to impulsive eating.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #17

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
One huge example is at my work, I prepare breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack for 50 kids daily and serve it so I'm exposed to ALOT of unhealthy (for me) choices...It's also available to staff so it's not like I'm eating food that I shouldn't be....Everyone eats with the kids...And I find myself just eating so much more than I would if I wasn't in that environment...because it's in my mouth before I even stop to think about it

..I've tried having gum in my mouth but I have texture issues with that...lol
If it were me I'd try to put myself in a frame of mind that this food is not available to me. Act like a salesperson at the GAP, just because you fold the shirts doesn't mean you get to sample them lol. I know it must be hard if others are sampling and eating as they go and that's probably the real problem here, to see everyone else allow that freedom to themselves.

Instead of gum can you try mints? Or use Listerine mouthwash which is very strong and can you off anything lol. I find Cinammon Altoids to be really strong and I can't imagine mixing them with any other foods. Cinammon in general curbs my impulse to eat anything and I often have cinammon tea in the afternoon.

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth

Last edited by Wannabeskinny : 03-21-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:15 PM   #18
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

thanks everyone I've been crazy busy and not really posting the last few days....i'm going to try the idea of the cinnamon mints and see how that works
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.