3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

The start of a new me

Old 03-26-2014, 04:22 AM   #46
2stones(28lbs) at a time

S/C/G: 261/242/233 1st goal

Height: 5'.5"

Optimistic Forward thinking

In the autumn (Fall) the new me should be emerging from the flab. I'm going to use this as an opportunity to get my wardrobe in order as well as my life. I have so many clothes, that I'm going to start again with just a core wardrobe. I have clothes that I've not worn for years and its time to get myself under control.
What to do with my 'fat' clothes is the thing. I've never been one to hedge my bets, but I'm a bit loath to give them all the charity. This isn't like me at all. However, I'm going to pack them all away in the attic 'just in case' If I keep them I know I'll stick to my new life. My friends say that by autumn I'll be glad to see the back of them because I'm so happy with the new me.
Dollydimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:05 AM   #47
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I usually just keep a couple of pieces. I've got a pair of stretch brown jeans that i have had for a really long time now. I don't need to wear them much even when i'm fat but i keep them because i really don't want to have to buy that sort of thing and they are useful in some situations. So i keep them.

I keep things i like but chuck out everything else. But not all at once. I wait for maybe one year and then chuck things out if they have been in storage too long.

I also keep skinny clothes in storage. They don't get a lot of use either. Fashions change.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #48
2stones(28lbs) at a time

Glad I'm not the only one who does that Pattience
Old 03-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #49
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/189/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Dolly! I'm new here, too. Sounds like you've got a great start, especially since you're involving a physician in your weight loss.

I've been struggling with the clothes thing lately. I have a stack that I either want to give to charity or try to sell or bring to a consignment shop (if I can find a place that will take my non-expensive clothes, even though they are in good shape!). I don't know what to do.

I am hanging on to just one pair of pants...the largest pair of pants I ever bought and fit into. I figure I will appreciate stepping into those and really seeing just how much I've lost. The last time I lost weight, I got rid of my bigger clothes and had to buy new clothes when I re-gained. But that was a bit of a slap in the face that woke me up and made me realize I had to get myself into control...

I am really glad I kept so many of my "skinny" clothes, mostly slacks for work and jeans. I've recently added 2 more pairs of slacks and 2 pairs of jeans to my rotation! So I only really need to buy some blouses. Plus, the style of slacks and jeans don't change too much over time
nonameslob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #50

Default Starting Ideal Protein on Monday w/ alternative products

I am new here and I too am just starting. I am around 276#,this is my[u] first ever diet.
I will encourage you. I will probably need it too. I am feeling a bit insecure, but I have to do this too. My husband says he will be here for me thru this too. I start on Monday with alternative products and doing the Ideal Protein diet. What about you?
Blackantsnpeonys8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:11 AM   #51
2stones(28lbs) at a time

Yeah! Safety in numbers girls. I'm so glad to meet the two of you. I am doing 'Shake the weight' Its a UK firm and sold via the internet. It has had good results and has stood up well when analyzed. As far as I can make out, it is the same as the Ideal Protein diet.

I am not doing it as my sole support. I have 3 shakes a day and a healthy low fat low carb meal at night. Because I lost 10lbs last week, my doctor has told me to slow up a bit this week and aim for 2-3lbs loss (by tomorrow) So I've added a couple of hard boiled eggs for breakfast this week. Next week I can go back to week 1 regime.

Yes, I too have a fat wardrobe and a very limited thin one!
Good luck. I'll post my weight loss tomorrow, but I'm not expecting a huge one, Mind you, when we gain a pound its the end of the world isn't it, lose one and it seems next to nothing!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:09 AM   #52
2stones(28lbs) at a time

Three pounds off this week. I'm doing the happy dance over here
Old 03-30-2014, 03:56 AM   #53
2stones(28lbs) at a time

Feeling a bit down this morning. It is Mother's Day here and my mum died on Jan 6th. Although it was a happy release (end stage dementia) and expected because she was 94, this is the first Mother's day, in 64 years, I've not had a mum. Our only child, our daughter died in 2010 so Mother's day, Father's Day Christmas, birthdays etc are not the happy milestones through the year they used to be.
I have picked a bunch of Spring flowers from the garden and put them by a photo of my mum and our daughter

I will have been here 20 days tomorrow and I hope I can get my ticker after that.

Last edited by Dollydimple : 03-30-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #54
2stones(28lbs) at a time

A quiet week for me, no big obstacles ahead, so can stick to the regime OK. Day 21 of being on the forum, still not able to have a ticker, but maybe before the end of the week?
Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #55
2stones(28lbs) at a time

Still no ticker! I don't think they want me.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #56
2stones(28lbs) at a time

Well, I've got me ticker but I'm damned if i can get it to show up. Still persevere Dolly. Persevere.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #57
2stones(28lbs) at a time

I've managed it. Oh Yeah

Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #58
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

How's it going Doll? I see you've got your ticker working now. I can't dance along with you cause those little fellas are not showing up without an effort on my part.

When you get lonely over here, come and join us on the fibre eaters thread if you like.

I have a couple of regular threads. I just had to drop one because it took tOO much effort. I felt a bit bad about that as everyone had been so welcoming.

Anyway as i'm subscribed to your thread, i shall be popping in from time to time.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #59
2stones(28lbs) at a time

Thanks Pattience. I'll nip across now and bookmark it

Old 04-02-2014, 03:58 AM   #60
2stones(28lbs) at a time

Very, very, hungry last evening, which I have put down to not having half enough water yesterday. We had to go to town and by way of cut backs in the recession, our council has closed all the public loos. So I was 'careful' in what I drank.
I didn't fall off the wagon, I filled up on apples but it was a nasty evening

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.