Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2014, 04:57 AM   #31  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Good luck with tomorrow but it would be better not to imagine you should lose x amount. You just don't know what factors are in play.

And don't make a big deal of weighing yourself. Its a recipe for disappointment, if not now, later one.

Its great you have not cheated. Keep working on your resolve to avoid doing it. If you feel you want to cheat, have a back up plan so you eat something better instead of something you my regret.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #32  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Week 1 weigh in

I have lost 10lbs. 10lbs in a week!. I know it’s only a flea bite in the amount I have to lose, and most of it is water weight but I’m absolutely thrilled. In the weeks to come I’m sure there will be disappointing results, and some weeks when I won’t have lost so much as an ounce. But I hope I can keep this positive ‘I can do it’ resolve. I hope on the weeks I don’t lose much I will lose inches, which will keep me on the straight and narrow.
I’d like to start a diary/journal, but I doubt I’ve been here long enough to do that just yet.
Dollydimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:41 AM   #33  
banned

I came here to start a journal so i don't see why not. If you invite others to join, the mods will be even more chuffed. I found it hard to know where to put mine so i put it in the vegetarian section. I am now in the food talk section because mostly my journal is about what i eat.

On the fibre counters page, some posters post all their meals. I like knowing what other people eat and i like sharing what i eat. Of course if i see people eating bad things whilst thinking they are good, i find it difficult to ignore. But if someone acknowledges it then i can cope. But that's my stuff i know.

You could just make this your journal right here, since you started this thread and its got your story here from the beginning. That's what' i'd suggest anyway. But of course its not up to me.

Congratulations for doing so well this last week. Stick to your plan and you should have no regrets.

Resolve is something that you work. When things are going well, you strengthen yourself and when things are tough, you dig your heals in and use the resolve and progress you've made to date to help stick to the path.

I am not much good when i fall off so i work hard to avoid it.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:46 AM   #34  
Trying hard

Thanks P. I would far rather keep this going, than start a journal, but I didn't know if it was allowed and you had to do it in a special place. When I've been here 20 days I can get a ticker. I've never done before, but there is info on a FAQ so I can follow that.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #35  
banned

At least you've got the right sort of title.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:00 AM   #36  
Trying hard

BAD day yesterday
Was I glad to go to bed last night! What a day, I was tempted by the 'munchie goblins' all day and had a longing for something sweet. I ate a couple of apples, cleaned my teeth, drank loads of water and consequently was up piddling half the night. At 11pm I had a toffee... no big deal. Look at the size of me, then look at a little toffee.
Today is a new day, yesterday is in the past. At least I didn't give in and end up face down in a box of doughnuts.
My husband treated me to a new summer skirt yesterday. It is a little 'snug' and, as he said, try it on every week, and as I see it get looser, it will give me encouragement.
Off to have my breakfast shake now. Tail up and wagging
Old 03-24-2014, 03:21 AM   #37  
Trying hard

What a dreadful day it was yesterday! My husband had some dental work done at our local hospital a week last Thursday. Yesterday, Sunday, he woke up with the left side of his face up like a balloon and very sore. To cut a long story short, we had to go back to the hospital and because it was Sunday, had to wait for a consultant dentist to come in. We were there all morning. The problem is that my husband is on anticoagulants following a coronary and that is why our dentist didn't want to do this rather difficult extraction.
Anyway! I had made contingency plans for bad days, but they all went to pot yesterday and I had a chicken sandwich out of the machine AND a glass of milk. So what? I'm not in a race, this week has turned out to be put politely, challenging.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:24 AM   #38  

Please let me know what you think of Ideal Protein and if its worth trying. Who had done the diet? Have you kept the weight off? I need to loose approx. 30-40 pounds. Thank You

Last edited by brneyes; 03-24-2014 at 03:28 AM.
brneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #39  
banned

Dolly, I think a chicken sandwich and a glass of milk is nothing to be upset about. I think its a great solution to hunger when you haven't got food about.

brneyes, Dolly is only just starting how can she answer your question. Personally its not an approach i would take. Its expensive, you have to survive on 1000 calories a day which is very stressful for the body and is difficult if you are not highly motivated. Most of the bought food from what i gather reading posts around here is not very good tasting. I can't see how you can learn to eat well and healthily on this diet. But there are a few people doing it. My bet is they are a minority.

There are much easier ways to lose weight in my opinion.

Last edited by Pattience; 03-24-2014 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #40  
Trying hard

I'm awfully sorry brneyes but I'm on a UK liquid(ish) diet. Its 3-4 shakes a day but also allowed food. It's not a starvation diet and teaches you to make healthy eating choices. For example: I had a shake for breakfast, another shake for lunch with homemade soup (no bread) and this evening I shall have smoked cod broccoli and cauliflower. And mid evening I shall have another shake for supper.

I don't know the diet you are on, but I do know people who are doing the same diet as me, and just doing 3 days of 4 shakes only to kick start, then shakes with a low carb low fat high protein evening meal.

No one can say how much you will lose in a week, its impossible. My first week (last week) I aimed for 4-5 and had a lovely surprise when I lost 10. But that is just a fleabite in the whole amount I have to lose and I'll not lose 10 in a week again because so much of it was water weight.

The very best of luck to you. Please let me know what you decide and keep in touch
Old 03-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #41  
banned

Oh i thought that IP was 1000 cals per day in the first few weeks. My mistake if you are not doing that.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:15 AM   #42  
Trying hard

All I will say is this:

A 3 toed sloth only come down from the trees to poo once every 3 weeks....
.... I know exactly how that sloth feels. I am bunged up solid
Old 03-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #43  
banned

Oh your poor thing. I live with that condition all the time. Well not so bad at the moment. Get some psyllium fibre. Its got no calories. Don't take too much. But you can take this every day.

Mix in water. work up to taking about 1 dessertspoon probably. The first time i tried it after being recommended it by my doctor i hated it so didn't do it for a while. But then it became not such a big deal. It doesn't really taste like anything but it is a gel stuff. You can mix it with your shake if it wouldn't ruin it too much.

You know its never mentioned but i am coming around to the idea that fat is one thing that helps us avoid constipation.

And of course the other is fibre. Soluble fibre is best.

I don't mean to comment to every time you post but it seemed necessary.

Last edited by Pattience; 03-25-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #44  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by brneyes View Post
Please let me know what you think of Ideal Protein and if its worth trying. Who had done the diet? Have you kept the weight off? I need to loose approx. 30-40 pounds. Thank You
There is a great forum for Ideal Protein that has great information and supportive posters. I did IP for 7 months and lost 85 lbs. I did it because I wanted a fast result before I got bored. The thing is that it is easy to regain the weight if you don't figure out a way to maintain that works for you. They do provide a lot of education about healthy eating, and in fact you eat 4 cups of veggies and a portion of regular protein every day & some oil, in addition to the packaged food. The maintenance phase is about keeping fats and carbs separated after breakfast. Most people I know figured out their own maintenance WOE. I've kept the weight off for 7 months.

Most people I know who did the diet loved the food, even after phasing off the diet. It is not a cheap diet. There are, however, alternative products that will mirror it. You can check the IP forum Alternatives threads. The thing about doing the genuine IP diet is that you have weekly weigh in with a coach. If it's a good coach, it's well worth the money to have that support if it fits your budget. However not all coaches are good. Also, it's not recommended for people with liver or kidney problems, so good idea to check in with a doctor before doing it.

Dollydimple, Hope all is well with your husband. Some suggestions that you probably already know: minimum of 2 liters water/day. I have the first liter when I wake up. Also, does your plan allow lettuce? If so, it's a big help. I ended up needing some more help than those things, though, and used Smooth Moves tea (peppermint flavor).

Last edited by mars735; 03-25-2014 at 09:03 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #45  
Trying hard

Thanks Mars &Pattience ALL TIPS AND TRICKS gratefully received I can tell you.

Pattience
you witch you That is exactly what was recommended to me by the chemist. I'm sucking down a dose as I write.