Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 09:09 AM   #46  

Looks like we had some food breakdowns yesterday me included! Hey, that kind of stuff happens so up we go and back to the program!

Everyone DID get points yesterday for something so that is terrific! You guys are the absolute best!
Please take a ballon for being so good and enjoy it today! (no fighting over colors please or PUNISHMENT will have to be handed out!)

Peek: I am proud proud proud of you saying nononono to the candy and extra steak! YOU GET A: for points today!

Pam: YOU GET a: for your points today! Sounds like sleep is a premium with you! Man, what a messed up schedule you have! We have to enjoy ourselves once in awhile so the potato was no big deal!

Carri: YOU GET A: for your point. One point is better than no points! Like I told Pam, we have to enjoy food choices once in awhile so am glad you were able to enjoy those brownies! I will see what I can hunt up for you recipe wise over the weekend and e-mail them to you!

Thomas is here, but the wise old Nonny put him in my craft room, with a glue stick, colored paper, stickers and fancy cutting scissors and colored markers from my scrapbook stuff. He is having a great time and quiet as a mouse. Unfortunately, I let him pick lunch spot today and I knew what he would pick. He loves Quiznos (gag!) so that is where we are going to go. He likes the "big chairs" It will be interesting to see me get my big behind up in one of them, but I did promise!

If I get a moment I will check back later!

Faye
Old 07-17-2003, 09:27 AM   #47  
It is what it is...

Default Hi

Thank Faye, my email address is [email protected]
Old 07-17-2003, 09:30 AM   #48  

Hello again,

Faye, as always thanks for the words of encouragement!! you are the best!!

forgot to post this! yesterday had sewage come up from my commode into my bathtub!! yuck, but you know, I handled it with a lot more ease than I would have in my "Past life", that is how I choose to refer to my compulsive senseless overeating days!! Anyway it was a bit stressful, but I got through it without any major blowouts! Roto Rooter guys to the rescue, now....that is what I need to be doing for a living....expensive!! but you gotta do it! For those of you on the 300plus thread you already had to hear my story of woe. (See it did turn out to be somewhat of a woeful wednesday after all)...sorry...but for the rest of you, I would like to make this observation. Our house is in a state of disrepair, and it is our fault!! and our responsibility..I do realize now, that instead of making all the poor, and unhealthy food choices I did (we did), we could have remodeled our bathroom, beautifully! toooooo many cheeseburgers and tooooo much pizza..not trying to be negative here, or down on myself, I just realize these are the consequences in a loooong line of consequences for not taking care of myself, thereby taking care of my home....but it is a NEW DAY.....I AM MAKING CHANGES, AND MY PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT IS BEGINNING TO MATCH HOW GOOD I AM FEELING ABOUT MYSELF ON THE INSIDE! AND THIS IS A MUCCCCH BETTER PLACE TO BE!

Thanks for listening, and allowing me to share that, I am being rigorously honest here, because I know I have to! Too much silence, and too many years of stuffing down my emotions with food got me into this, I AM READY TO BREAK FREE.

On a lighter note, I wish you all a healthy, happy day, we can do this, we WILL DO THIS!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:35 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcome.
Congrats to everyone on their points (still have to figure out how that works if anyone wants to fill me in )

Kids are 13-b, almost 12-b, almost 8-g, 6.5-b, and almost 4-b. I have ALOT of birthdays coming up here in the next 3 months! 4 of them including my DH. I sure have to figure out how to avoid all that cake and icecream before then! I have a horrible sweet tooth.

I did my walk this morning. 2 miles and my calves ache. It feels good to hurt that way. I feel like I am accomplishing something! Not only that but I just love being out in the early morning when everything feels so fresh and peaceful.

Making plans for my first day of healthy grocery shopping tomorrow. Going to buy lots of fresh produce. One of my biggest things is that with the kids around.. they eat all the time. Its hard to resist when its so accessible. I never deny them food, but I do monitor slightly (no sodas for the lil ones, not much junkfood for all). I am pretty much going to have to cook normally for them, and fix something special for myself. Extra effort but I am ready. I think Lean Cuisine may be in my future!

Old 07-17-2003, 11:14 AM   #50  
The ever shrinking woman!

Ok, I get all 4! *claps* ;D

yesterday I did great on water, I ate good, I had 2 bites of my brothers desert at lunch, and that's the only bad thing I did , and I worked out last night, I almost didn't do it, but at 8 pm, I forced myself too, and so glad I did

I accept your challenge also Faye, in fact I was trying to get from 127 to 120 by the end of August anyways, (my goal in fitday), and I have 4 more to go ! So yeah, kick my *** in gear girl!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:50 PM   #51  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Whew boy I am really proud of myself for doing well yesterday. It kind of inspires you to stay on course the next day, and the next and the next...

Today has been good so far...I only had a box of raisins and my oatmeal. Thursdays are the office traditional bagel sandwich lunch, which I will partake in, but I'm eating on a honey wheat bagel at least, that's something. Still ham and cheese, but you gotta start somewhere. Tomorrow is "fast food friday" which is gonna really kill me, but...maybe I'll just have a salad, or a grilled chicken sandwich or something. That is possible!

Had another good workout this morning. My arms are KILLING me right now, but that's ok. It's a good kind of ache.

I discovered a gal I work with who is also trying to lose weight. She's a bit of a summer dieter she said and she gradually works down the summer and maintains thru winter (since xmas and t-giving are big eating holidays). That's cool. We bonded a little!

Carri~ I eat Morning Star Better 'n Burgers. I find them tasty, granted I use a little ketchup, but, they are still good. However keep in mind I love the flavor of a McD's hamburger over homemade! So you may have to mess around to find what you like. But these burgers have 2g of fat and 100 cal. Which combined with the lite bread we have at home which is 70 cal...made me a very low cal dinner last nite. Good luck and let me know if you find some other "veggie" product you enjoy.

Pam ~ sounds like you are making some awesome changes in your life and in your home! I hope you continue on the path to success!

Debbie ~ you are a strong woman and I do not envy the lack of sleep you've probably gotten over the last few years...but girl, keep up the great work!

Faye ~ Thanks for the recipes...I saw somewhere and I can't remember where, but you said you had a recipe for brownies? I'd be into ANYTHING sweet that is a good snack or any good snacks generally. Thanks for the love and support.

Well my bagel will soon be here, so I'm gonna go and wait. Have a super de dooper day (that's for all the moms out there) and keep up the great work kiddos!

Love,
Missy

or ?
Old 07-17-2003, 01:54 PM   #52  

Good Afernoon Chicklets!!

Great news!....made it all the way to the end of my one mile walking tape WITHOUT STOPPING!! TODAY IS MY 10TH DAY! HAVENT EXERCISED IN A LONG TIME, AND CERTAINLY NOT CONSISTENTLY FOR OVER 20 YEARS FEELING

thankful thursday:

I am thankful for the feeling of accomplishment I am enjoying today.

I am thankful for the friends I have made here.

I am thankful for the love in my laugh, for my partner--she gives my heart a place to live. I am ever thankful for my family, my mom, my sister, and my two incredibly bearutiful neices, they are truly the lights of my life!

I am thankful I want to "do" again, I want to sing again, and dance!! and play! I am grateful for the energy I have now to begin enjoying these things again!

I am thankful for the home I have, the nutritious food I am eating.

I am thankful for the discipline I have now and the willingness to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again!, and more................

I am thankful I have this forum to write in, it is so cathartic and therapeutic for me, an intergal and very vital part of my program, my new way of life!

I am thankful for the sunshine today, and the smell of freshly mown grass!!

I am thankful it is lunch time..gotta run girlies! ,
Old 07-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #53  

HOT DOG! Ooops, sorry, ummmm hot veggie burger! You guys are doing so fantabulous! I cannot even believe it!

IT IS HOT HERE ALMOST 100 AND 85% HUMIDITY. I HAVE CHANGED CLOTHES 3 TIMES!

Tonya: YOU GET A: for points yesterday. You are doing so terrific. Feels great to turn it around, doesn't it!

Honey: Welcome to the group of goofies known at Time for Serious Fun and that is exactly what we have is FUN! We are working to make weight loss something enjoyable and not painful. We have two things going on. First the points, you get 1 point if you drink the water you are supposed for the day, one for exercising, and 2 if you stay on the program you use whether it be WW, low carbs, cal counting whatever. So if you didn't stay on program but got in your water and exercise in, you would get 2 points for yesterday (we do it a day behind) So let me know if you accomplished any or all of these as you get a certain, "hurray" from me for it every day! The second is a challenge to lose 10 lbs by August 31 and that is less than 2 lbs a week. You may choose or not choose to participate in anything we do here, it is up to you! I have a topic for everyday and it will be in color at the top of my post for that day. Today is time for us Thursday and you are supposed to try and find at least an hour today to spend on yourself in something enjoyable or relaxing.

Pam: I know the feeling about the house. We bought this condo from our dd and sil in Sept and because we got it pretty cheap and it had not been lived in in 2 years almost, it was in need of work. Because dh was in the Navy we never bought a home so this is our first even though we are 50ish and we are thrilled, but ooohhhh the money! We have to put in new wiring asap because the condos were all inspected by a contractor due to the fact we have had 3 fires in the complex in less than a year. They are 25 years old and back then aluminum wiring was the norm, but it gets HOT and new homes have copper now so they need to rewire. Cost of that approx, $1000 which we don't have at the moment and the money is due upfront no credit! Soooooo, along with that we had a leak and it damaged part of the ceiling in the downstairs bath and the kitchen so we have to get stuff and fix that then repaint, etc. It goes on and on! But! I love having my own home. I came in here and painted everything and have had a ball doing it! (I will e-mail you some of my handy work!)

It has been a really fun day with Thomas. After "crafting" this am, we went to the pool and he played and I exercised and he helped! (that was fun...) Then we came home and he watched tv and I posted then we went to the mall and he rode the carousel and then we had lunch at the chinese place in the mall (his choice) I ate some honey chicken because it was the only thing not deep fried and a little low mein and then he got purple vanilla ice cream. I ask him if I could try a tiny bite and the little stinker said, "Sure, if I can get the dumb stuff out of he cup!" (for those of you who don't know, he is 3 going on 30) then we bought cookies that we brought home, I changed into my New Balance , got him some water and out the door to the "big toy store." (Toys R Us) where he found a whole fireman's set, gas mask and all! So of course, the grandchild who is denied nothing by me went home with it. It has a working fire extinguisher and he played put out the fire on Nonny so I got soaked with water! He of course thought it uproariously funny! He is now konked out on the couch taking a short nap until we go and get his granddad in about 1/2 hour and then we are taking dd, sil and dgs out to dinner for their anniversary which was last Sat. Whew! So far I have stayed OP and am slack on water by about 2 bottles so am going to try and get them in before I go get my dh.

Love and hugs to my group of gorgeous hunks of women!

Faye
Old 07-17-2003, 03:07 PM   #54  
The ever shrinking woman!

Thanks Faye, and yes it does feel good! Wow, it's 104 here today, and we have the driest weather I swear... it's like 0 humidity here, I can't decide which I would hate worse. I sweat to death, but at least my hair doesn't friz out hhaha!

I don't think I have ever mentioned it, but I live in Salt Lake City , Utah, by the way

grats pjkdreamer for doing so well! and Missy, keep ahold of that good feeling, that's one of the keys to keeping up your motivation.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:23 PM   #55  

Ok! I got all 4 points yesterday!!

And I want to participate in the challenge. I am absolutely determined to have at least 10 lbs off by the 31st.

Now I am off to make a large salad, grill some boneless/skinless chicken breasts with lemon, and make some brown rice and corn on the cob for dinner. I'm starved, but plan on making most of my meal the salad.

Pampering to come later tonight!!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:37 PM   #56  

Hey there girls,
Chatty things today, I like that. Well I stayed on plan today. No exercise or water, but my plan was a.o.k.

Faye: Glad you had a great time with T. sounds like you two had a fun filled day.

Pam: It was nice chatting with you on msn with amanda. Hope we do it again soon.

Tonya: OMG 104, that is too hot for this chick. I think I would stay put inside with the A/C on.

Gotta run, just wantd to check in to let Faye know I am here and not straying....I know she worries.

Hugs to you all,
PEEK
Old 07-17-2003, 09:33 PM   #57  

Peek knows me pretty well! If she doesn't post I am checking to see that she is still breathing!

Debbie: YOU GET A: for your points for yesterday! Great job btw! Good for you! We are all going to work together to get those 10 lbs off each of us!

Well everyone went home finally! We had a nice dinner. I definitely went over my cal and fat, but this restaurant has nothing that is low fat! Doesn't help that I got a pina colada and it was LOADED with sugar! Did taste good though!

DH must not be doing to well at Risk tonight! I can hear him banging his hand on the computer desk and that is a sure sign the computer is beating him! He just starts the game over. He can play that boring game for hours and hours every evening. UGH a war game!

Don't forget tomorrow is fabulous down the lbs Friday so if you have a loss for the week tomorrow is the day to crow about it!

I am going to get more water in me before bed so I need to go!

See you in the am

Faye
Old 07-17-2003, 09:59 PM   #58  

Wanted to check in one more time before bed.

I spent my hour today in the tub soaking away the pain from my walks. Charlie horse central here! Not complaining though.. the pain reminds me of exactly how out of shape I am - a great motivational tool! It was nice though.. lots of fragrant bath salts, loofah time, and plenty of moisturizing afterwards. I feel like a million bucks now.

Did great with dinner. salad, light dressing, 2 oz of grilled chicken with fresh lemon juice, very small spoon of rice, and fresh strawberries with a small spoon of fatfree coolwhip.

I still need to get in 20 more ounces of water before I go to sleep.

Sweet dreams everyone.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:15 AM   #59  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Debbie: Saw you write about Charlie Horses. Vitamin E is very good for that. I had been off mine for a bit and got the cramps back so I started again and waaalaaa, gone. I take 800 IU's a day. Works like a charm.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:02 AM   #60  

DO NOT POST HERE! COME JOIN US AT #12!!!!
Closed Thread